Mang1

DIVORCE AND CHILD ISSUE

31 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Maninder said:

Thanx a lot for guidance..

Does my wife need to attach with petition child's birthday certificate in my documents?

Does my wife needs to attach the document by court proving that child's mother (my ex-wife) is having custody of child??

No. They just want the names and birth dates of your children. You don’t need to prove that they exist. You are signing that form under penalty of perjury that the information is correct. No birth certificates needed. They don’t care who has custody. This is not the family court and they are not asking this to judge your morals or your parenting.  

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

14 minutes ago, JFH said:

No. They just want the names and birth dates of your children. You don’t need to prove that they exist. You are signing that form under penalty of perjury that the information is correct. No birth certificates needed. They don’t care who has custody. This is not the family court and they are not asking this to judge your morals or your parenting.  

Thanx a lot for guidance

I and my wife have just mobile phones. Do we need to write any day telephone number?

My native language doesn't use Roman letters. Does my wife need to write my details in my native language also in part 4 questions no. 57a?

With regards

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Your wife really needs to come here and ask these questions or an attorney is needed to help with the paperwork. We can't fill out the paperwork for you through the forum.

The I-130 is the petitioner’s form. Your wife should be completing it. Why are you doing it? 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

58 minutes ago, belinda63 said:

Your wife really needs to come here and ask these questions or an attorney is needed to help with the paperwork. We can't fill out the paperwork for you through the forum.

She is also using same account. Indeed we have one account on visajourney. Some questions are written by me and some are by her

Edited by Maninder

1 hour ago, Maninder said:

Helping her.

With all due respect, I can’t see what help someone who is struggling to understand questions that are written in plain English can provide. 

Having two people share an account here is crazy. How will the responders know if Ruth are replying to the petitioner or the beneficiary. People give their free time here to help. Please don’t make it more difficult for them. Accounts are free. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Maninder said:

Thanx a lot for guidance

I and my wife have just mobile phones. Do we need to write any day telephone number?

My native language doesn't use Roman letters. Does my wife need to write my details in my native language also in part 4 questions no. 57a?

With 

Just put a phone number that will be available always.

Edited by Yeap

5 hours ago, JFH said:

With all due respect, I can’t see what help someone who is struggling to understand questions that are written in plain English can provide. 

Having two people share an account here is crazy. How will the responders know if Ruth are replying to the petitioner or the beneficiary. People give their free time here to help. Please don’t make it more difficult for them. Accounts are free. 

Matter us not simple English. Matter is that we have read that don't leave any box blank and put either n/a or none.but in phone number box we can't write anything except numbers as form doesn't allow when fill in computer. So wanted to confirm it.

5 hours ago, JFH said:

Matter us not simple English. Matter is that we have read that don't leave any box blank and put either n/a or none.but in phone number box we can't write anything except numbers as form doesn't allow when fill in computer. So wanted to confirm it.

Using one account is better as we both can see the responses of people easily and it's convenient for people too to reply in one  topic.

Responders are replying to questions, not to the person specific as in this site people share their views voluntarily based on their experiences that they gained during their petition and this platform is to solve such confusions and problems..  or u tell me the rules and purpose of this platform so that we may follow that.

16 minutes ago, Maninder said:

Using one account is better as we both can see the responses of people easily and it's convenient for people too to reply in one  topic.

Responders are replying to questions, not to the person specific as in this site people share their views voluntarily based on their experiences that they gained during their petition and this platform is to solve such confusions and problems..  or u tell me the rules and purpose of this platform so that we may follow that.

One account per person is recommended for the simple fact that answers to questions change depending on whether the question is asked by the petitioner or the beneficiary. 

For example, if someone posted the question “do I need to include a copy of my birth certificate with the I-129F?” there are two correct answers, depending on who is asking. We are not mind readers and can’t sit here playing guessing games as to who is posting. Nobody has time or inclination for that. 

But you do you, and good luck with it all. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

10 minutes ago, JFH said:

One account per person is recommended for the simple fact that answers to questions change depending on whether the question is asked by the petitioner or the beneficiary. 

For example, if someone posted the question “do I need to include a copy of my birth certificate with the I-129F?” there are two correct answers, depending on who is asking. We are not mind readers and can’t sit here playing guessing games as to who is posting. Nobody has time or inclination for that. 

But you do you, and good luck with it all. 

I understand sir/madam. But If whenever I wrote a question on behalf of my wife than I clearly mentioned..

Sorry for trouble if u faced because of us .

1 hour ago, Maninder said:

This is one with a pretty obvious solution...you have a cellphone so just use it for all telephone numbers asked for...

40 minutes ago, Maninder said:

I understand sir/madam. But If whenever I wrote a question on behalf of my wife than I clearly mentioned..

Sorry for trouble if u faced because of us .

Technically everything is on behalf of your wife as she is supposed to be the one filing in the form, but you appear to be doing it. By the way are you currently in the US or in your home country?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.