32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Not related to your question, but I just wanted to say that I'm also from Wilson, NC and my husband is from Tunisia. Good luck to you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
17 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Big reason not to send affidavit of support now is you would not have the correct information and USCIS 

You will not interview till next year at the earliest as you have not even filed the petition yet

so ,  her 2019 IRS tax returns will be needed (we do not do them till after January and before the 15th of April

she should do her tax returns ASAP (as soon as possible after the January date giving us new 2019 forms) so she can provide you with the documents for the interview

I got it 

As for the visits 

they must be long enough for the you and the USC to get to know each other / not a 2 week vacation which only signifys fun instead of a real relationship  / your embassy (like ours) is very strong on needing to see several long term visits instead of 10 days or 2 weeks / 3 visits as you indicate will help

and letters from friends do not tell immigration what it needs to know

they want to see boarding passes to planes showing the trips and itinerary to back up the time you spent together

photos of you and her are good especially when they show your Tunisia family with her to show they approve (especially your mom)

I have all of you are talked about all the docs you mentioned 

Timeline

Since at this point the USC, your gf has to do all the work ,  she should join VJ and follow the guides above for the steps and documents she need to send to USCIS.  The drop down box under guide gives her all the information she needs to know

The support section and the criminal report for you come much later in the process / criminal reports have a shelf life / Morocco ,  for instance, is only good for 90 days

and you can not schedule the medical exam without the paperwork from immigraiton (or embassy ) to get into the dr 

and you have only 6 months from medical exam to travel so don't try this until told as you not want it to expire before the AP (admininistation process) after the interview is complete

As you can see there is a lot to know for our MENA countries which are considered high fraud so everthing must be done on time and correctly and i strongly advise your gf to join and learn

I have a great ideas about the K1 visa process and im the one who are here to learn , she is busy to join 

But all is good for us with proofs and docs 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Beaniebob said:

Not related to your question, but I just wanted to say that I'm also from Wilson, NC and my husband is from Tunisia. Good luck to you!

Aww thats awesome but i still have the question on mind to where we need to send the packet ?

Timeline
17 hours ago, geowrian said:

Just as a note, all I-129Fs are currently sent to CSC. Some "tougher" cases may then be transferred to VSC. It's not based on residence or jurisdictional borders for service centers.

Still havent the right answer to where we need to send our paCket N

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/18/2019 at 8:31 PM, Soon To Be Mrs. T said:

If your fiancée will be sending the I-129F via UPS, the address that she will send it to is:

USCIS
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

It doesn't matter where your fiancée resides. The I-129F is sent to the Dallas Lockbox facility.

Edited by Soon To Be Mrs. T

Timeline
Just now, Soon To Be Mrs. T said:

It doesn't matter where your fiancée resides. The I-129F is sent to the Dallas Lockbox facility.

Im really get confused now , plz i need one only address to send to 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

Im really get confused now , plz i need one only address to send to 

Your fiancée is sending the I-129F to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility.

You mentioned that your fiancée will be sending the I-129F via UPS.

The address of the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility for those who are sending the I-129F via UPS is:

USCIS
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

The USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility will forward your I-129F to the California Service Center (CSC) or Vermont Service Center (VSC).

Edited by Soon To Be Mrs. T

Timeline
1 minute ago, Soon To Be Mrs. T said:

Your fiancée is sending the I-129F to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility.

You mentioned that your fiancée will be sending the I-129F via UPS.

The address of the Dallas Lockbox facility for those who are sending the I-129F via UPS is:

USCIS
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

The USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility will forward your I-129F to the California Service Center or Vermont Service Center.

Edited just now by Soon To Be Mrs. T

and if we change mind to send via USPS ?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

and if we change mind to send via USPS ?

Via U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

Via FedEx, UPS, and DHL:

USCIS
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Soon To Be Mrs. T said:

Via U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

Via FedEx, UPS, and DHL:

USCIS
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

ML&R 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
On 10/18/2019 at 12:37 PM, Transcom123 said:

Hello Good People

-I want to know to which address My fiancé should send the K1 petition ( she is living in wilson NC)

-I want to know if she can send me the affidavit of support + docs before getting the NOA2

-I want to know if two visits to Tunisia is enough got the US embassy in Tunisia

Thanks alot

2 visits is enough I met my fiance only two times and my k1 Visa get approved last September on the us embassy in Tunisia.  Don't be stressed if you're sure that your relationship is genuine.  I saw people got approved when I was on embassy and they have red flags.  Take alot of proofs with u and be ready for any question . 

Good luck 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 10/18/2019 at 8:50 AM, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Ah ok, it's not a requirement, but it would be really good.  I went to my fiance's interview, and it worked out perfectly.

Hello Ed and Midori.   So I am also looking to attend my fiance's interview in Honduras.  I kinda of get mixed messages of if they will allow me to attend his interview.  Heck i would even like to know if i can get into the embassy and just be with him as much as i can through the process.  Are there any things that i need to do in order to attend the interview any appointments i need to schedule?  Are there any things i would need to do just to get into the embassy?  I'm pretty lost about this and haven't had much luck with my research so any help or advice would be great.   Thank you so much.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, Difrntway said:

Hello Ed and Midori.   So I am also looking to attend my fiance's interview in Honduras.  I kinda of get mixed messages of if they will allow me to attend his interview.  Heck i would even like to know if i can get into the embassy and just be with him as much as i can through the process.  Are there any things that i need to do in order to attend the interview any appointments i need to schedule?  Are there any things i would need to do just to get into the embassy?  I'm pretty lost about this and haven't had much luck with my research so any help or advice would be great.   Thank you so much.

No, you have every right to attend your fiance's interview.  I dont see why they wouldn't let you in, since you're the USC.  No appointment needed, just show your passport.

What's making you think that you wont be able to attend?  Have you reached out directly to the Honduras community here as well??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.