Redheadguy03

report of birth

11 posts in this topic

Well everyone my son is here! Now we need to officially make him a dual citizen. The San Francisco embassy Philippines site keeps going down, but I have the form at least. The initial form seems to require two witnesses, but it also says in the instructions to notarize it, but I don't see a spot for it. Do I just have it notarized over the witness line? Also, date of report in the upper righthand corner is that for me to fill out or the embassy? It doesn't say office use only, but it kind of looks like that is what it would be. On that same note it says Foreign Service Post should I leave it blank or do I put something there?

thanks everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, are you guys going personally in Phil consulate in SF to register your son? Then you don’t have to notarize the forms. You’ll sign it in front of consulate staff. They’ll also stamp the date of registration. You’ll have it notarized when you have to mail the registration forms. Anyways congratulations. We had our son last August and we registered him in SF Phil consulate last September. It’s an easy and quick process. We arrived at around noon and I also process his Phil passport. We’re out by 4:00pm. 😁

16 hours ago, Jon&Daiz said:

Hi, are you guys going personally in Phil consulate in SF to register your son? Then you don’t have to notarize the forms. You’ll sign it in front of consulate staff. They’ll also stamp the date of registration. You’ll have it notarized when you have to mail the registration forms. Anyways congratulations. We had our son last August and we registered him in SF Phil consulate last September. It’s an easy and quick process. We arrived at around noon and I also process his Phil passport. We’re out by 4:00pm. 😁

I'm mailing it in. We live 21 hours away from the embassy. It is not going to be fun when my son needs an actual Philippines passport because that requires us going there in person. Hopefully, they have one of those outreach things, that are local.

Timeline

Congrats! 

I did look and it seems they only put out a release for the first quarter this year for San Fran.  http://www.philippinessanfrancisco.org/news/5940/591/2019-Consular-Outreach-Schedule-First-Quarter/d,phildet/

Edited by KHnTX

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, KHnTX said:

Congrats! 

I did look and it seems they only put out a release for the first quarter this year for San Fran.  http://www.philippinessanfrancisco.org/news/5940/591/2019-Consular-Outreach-Schedule-First-Quarter/d,phildet/

Texas has their own consulate in Houston

https://dfa.gov.ph/dfa-news/dfa-releasesupdate/17927-ph-reopens-consulate-general-in-houston

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

I know, so glad they re-opened it too.  Made things so much easier too when we needed to renew my wife's passport and do our kids report of birth in the same trip earlier this year

.  I was looking at San Fran for Red.  The out reach we had to go to the first time was definitely more time consuming compared to being able to make an appointment.  

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, KHnTX said:

I know, so glad they re-opened it too.  Made things so much easier too when we needed to renew my wife's passport and do our kids report of birth in the same trip earlier this year

.  I was looking at San Fran for Red.  The out reach we had to go to the first time was definitely more time consuming compared to being able to make an appointment.  

Ah  ... my :oops:    :lol:  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 10/22/2019 at 6:50 AM, KHnTX said:

I appreciate you trying to help. I think either earlier this year or last year they had one in Wyoming, so it was closer. They never really announce them though and then they book up fast. So it's hard to get an appointment. It's not a huge issue but like if my wife becomes a dual citizen that would be an issue having to travel to San Francisco twice or if my son or wife needs a Filipino passport. It's a giant pain. 

2 hours ago, Redheadguy03 said:

I appreciate you trying to help. I think either earlier this year or last year they had one in Wyoming, so it was closer. They never really announce them though and then they book up fast. So it's hard to get an appointment. It's not a huge issue but like if my wife becomes a dual citizen that would be an issue having to travel to San Francisco twice or if my son or wife needs a Filipino passport. It's a giant pain. 

You can always look on the bright side.  You don't live in Havre or Glasgow.

Finally done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.