B&C2017

I-130 October 2019 Filers

865 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Jay&Sid said:

Green card holder I-130 will be processed quickly as per TSC processing times. 

I know TSC says they processs i130s faster for green card holders but i do not believe that because of

1. TSC made mistakes before on their processing times

2. Why would a green card holder who mabye just came to USA be given more priority then a US citizen?

3. I know friends who did i130s for their wives and their cases took 2- 2.5 years because they were not US citizens

4. I asked immigration lawyers and they too said if you are green card holder your case will take longer then a US citizens i130. And lawyer said when a green card holder files i130 they are put on waiting list while a US citizen who files i130 will NOT BE ON WAIT LIST and i also done my research on this 

5. Heree the proof Texas center made mistake before on processing times for green card holder processing times for i130 cases

Screenshot_20200319-110725_WhatsApp.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, ghual5555 said:

I know TSC says they processs i130s faster for green card holders but i do not believe that because of

1. TSC made mistakes before on their processing times

2. Why would a green card holder who mabye just came to USA be given more priority then a US citizen?

3. I know friends who did i130s for their wives and their cases took 2- 2.5 years because they were not US citizens

4. I asked immigration lawyers and they too said if you are green card holder your case will take longer then a US citizens i130. And lawyer said when a green card holder files i130 they are put on waiting list while a US citizen who files i130 will NOT BE ON WAIT LIST and i also done my research on this 

5. Heree the proof Texas center made mistake before on processing times for green card holder processing times for i130 cases

Screenshot_20200319-110725_WhatsApp.jpg

Thx for sharing your experience and all details.

6 hours ago, danielba said:

Today TSC is showing August 30 - yesterday it was August 13. Hope this is true! :)

image.png.350541c3966569dbe21f396124e39987.png

I just spoke with USCIS customer service and i asked them what month is the Texas Center currently processing and he said AUGUST, so yes you are correct , we are all getting closer to those NOA2 hopefully 1-2 months then we will all get response

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, ghual5555 said:

I just spoke with USCIS customer service and i asked them what month is the Texas Center currently processing and he said AUGUST, so yes you are correct , we are all getting closer to those NOA2 hopefully 1-2 months then we will all get response

OMG!!! Great News!!! :D 

Marriage: 08/28/2019

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019

I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/07/2019

I-130 NOA1 received: 10/14/2019 --> Assigned to Texas Service Center

I-130 approved: 5/15/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center

NVC Stage

Case Number received: 5/16/2020 —> via Email

Paid IV and AOS fee: 5/16/2020

Submitted IV application and civil documents: 5/28/2020

DQ: 6/1/2020 - email

Now waiting for our interview - CD Juarez Mexico

Timeline
22 minutes ago, xbbssd said:

Thank you for sharing, just wondering how to figure out the status of Potomac Center files in this list🤔

Honestly, I don't know 😬 

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi All,

I have a question and I would like to ask for your advise.

My husband and I are still waiting on our I-130 approval. He's about to fill his taxes but we have an issue. We got married last year (August 2019 - I'm still living in Mexico) and his tax guy is telling him is best to fill as single since I don't have a SSC yet but our immigration attorney is telling him to file as "married filing separate" - she's also saying we will need an ITIN. Do you know what's the ITIN number? Do you think we will need it?

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

1 hour ago, danielba said:

Hi All,

I have a question and I would like to ask for your advise.

My husband and I are still waiting on our I-130 approval. He's about to fill his taxes but we have an issue. We got married last year (August 2019 - I'm still living in Mexico) and his tax guy is telling him is best to fill as single since I don't have a SSC yet but our immigration attorney is telling him to file as "married filing separate" - she's also saying we will need an ITIN. Do you know what's the ITIN number? Do you think we will need it?

Tax guy is wrong! It is illegal to file single when you’re married (See IRS page). Your marital status for the tax year is whatever is your marital status is as of December 31st of the year you’re filing.

Lawyer is partially right. 
He can either file “married filing separate” (probably makes the most sense in your case. This does not require you to get an ITIN but he can’t list you as a dependent either since you don’t have a SSN) or “married filing jointly”, which would require an ITIN (a little late to get that now as it takes some time) and would make your mexican income subject to US tax. Although your foreign earned income under 105’900 USD (changes each year but currently it’s 105’900 for 2019) can be excluded (you need to file a form for that exclusion of your mexican income though) but still needs to be listed.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/foreign-earned-income-exclusion

Also once you file jointly, this needs to be done for 3 years (not 100% sure if it’s 3 years) in a row I think and can not just be changed back and forth every year.

I recommend married filing separate. Might be a little less deductions than filing separate but less of a mess with requesting ITIN, filing your income as well and file the exclusion part for your income. 

Marriage: 03/16/2018 ❤️💍👱‍♀️🧑
Birth of our daughter: 11/24/2018 👶🥰

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019 😃
I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/03/2019 
I-130 NOA1 received: 10/08/2019 --> Assigned to Nebraska Service Center 😩
I-129F (K3) submitted: 11/01/2019 :idea:

I-129F (K3) USCIS Lockbox received: 11/06/2019 

I-129F (K3) NOA1 received: 11/14/2019 😃🙏🏻
I-130 approved: 05/21/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center 🥳❤️

NVC Stage
Case Number received: 05/22/2020 —> via Email 😃
Paid IV and AOS fee: 05/23/2020
IV fee processed (AOS fee is stuck😭) 05/28/2020
Submitted IV application and civil documents: 06/02/2020
Submitted inquiry to NVC for AOS fee being "stuck" (known NVC system issue): 06/02/2020 --> Let the waiting begin - again.... 
AOS fee finally marked as payed: 06/10/2020 🥳

Timeline
21 hours ago, B&C2017 said:

Tax guy is wrong! It is illegal to file single when you’re married (See IRS page). Your marital status for the tax year is whatever is your marital status is as of December 31st of the year you’re filing.

Lawyer is partially right. 
He can either file “married filing separate” (probably makes the most sense in your case. This does not require you to get an ITIN but he can’t list you as a dependent either since you don’t have a SSN) or “married filing jointly”, which would require an ITIN (a little late to get that now as it takes some time) and would make your mexican income subject to US tax. Although your foreign earned income under 105’900 USD (changes each year but currently it’s 105’900 for 2019) can be excluded (you need to file a form for that exclusion of your mexican income though) but still needs to be listed.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/foreign-earned-income-exclusion

Also once you file jointly, this needs to be done for 3 years (not 100% sure if it’s 3 years) in a row I think and can not just be changed back and forth every year.

I recommend married filing separate. Might be a little less deductions than filing separate but less of a mess with requesting ITIN, filing your income as well and file the exclusion part for your income. 

Thanks! This information has been super helpful. Thanks again!

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I have no idea how, but our 130 was just approved! We didn't request an expedite. We did file an I-129F in February, but even if that came into play I don't know how it would have been processed already. So... apparently they're getting to some October cases!?

PD: Oct 22, 2019

Service Center: Vermont (IOE number "transferred" from Nebraska on Feb 24, 2020)
Approval: March 31, 2020

154 days!

Fingers crossed for all of you that you're next!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Kunigunde said:

I have no idea how, but our 130 was just approved! We didn't request an expedite. We did file an I-129F in February, but even if that came into play I don't know how it would have been processed already. So... apparently they're getting to some October cases!?

Service Center: Vermont (IOE number "transferred" from Nebraska on Feb 24, 2020)

154 days!

Wow that’s super quick! Congratulations and good luck on your next steps!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Kunigunde said:

154 days!

Congratulations! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.