EliAnon

AOS

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

After many months of enjoying my Wife finally being here, I am yet returning to Visa Journey to ask a question or seek reference lol (she's been on my account as of recent). Anyways, our Daughters packet we sent in came back along with the check because I suppose something was wrong with it. So my question is, last time I enjoyed the guide that both Hank and Greenbaum put together to get us through the K1 visa process. So I am wondering if there is an as detailed checklist such as those, that outlines this step in the process with such detail.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Hello,

After many months of enjoying my Wife finally being here, I am yet returning to Visa Journey to ask a question or seek reference lol (she's been on my account as of recent). Anyways, our Daughters packet we sent in came back along with the check because I suppose something was wrong with it. So my question is, last time I enjoyed the guide that both Hank and Greenbaum put together to get us through the K1 visa process. So I am wondering if there is an as detailed checklist such as those, that outlines this step in the process with such detail.

Thanks!

VJ has guides and an entire forum for this.   Since she is now inside the USA,  the process is the same for everyone,  there is not a need for country specific guidance. 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Hello,

Thanks!

I have a guide with links to USCIS, but there isn't detail on the K-2 in the guide, that is still a matter of reading and following the I-485 instructions:  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/adjustment-of-status.html

If they returned the complete K2 applicant package the first thing that pops out at me - is the fee correct?   Fee is age dependent and is noted on the main page of the website.    if they didn't include a letter then you will have to go through a checklist of everything required as noted in the instructions.

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-485instr.pdf?download=1

Under 14 and filing with the I-485
application of at least one parent

$750

$0

$750

Under 14 and not filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent

$1,140

$0

$1,140

Age 14 – 78

$1,140

$85

$1,225

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you everyone. We reviewed the packet and there was a lot of typo. We just got a NOA1 for her in the mail for the packet that we resubmitted for her.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.