jm302music

CFO Timing

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay, next question.  I've looked at a number of threads here on this topic and am unsure of the real answer.

When is my fiancee allowed to do the CFO seminar / interview?  Can we do that the same week as the embassy interview even without having gotten the visa first?  Hank, I know you mentioned on your wonderful website that you should actually try to do the CFO before the embassy interview to get it out of the way.  So, is it true that any time is fine, it just has to be done before leaving the country?

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Thanks for listening! :)

Joel

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, jm302music said:

Okay, next question.  I've looked at a number of threads here on this topic and am unsure of the real answer.

When is my fiancee allowed to do the CFO seminar / interview?  Can we do that the same week as the embassy interview even without having gotten the visa first?  Hank, I know you mentioned on your wonderful website that you should actually try to do the CFO before the embassy interview to get it out of the way.  So, is it true that any time is fine, it just has to be done before leaving the country?

Joel

Second question today on this. 

Anytime means just that.   If done before visa issuance then you simply go back to CFO office to get the sticker once the Visa is issued 

One person did it one year in advance of Visa issuance 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

The only problem with trying to schedule them both on the same day. Is you have to schedule the GCP/CFO ahead of time and there might not be any openings on the the same day of the interview and there are a limited number of people seen each day. 

But if your interview is scheduled a couple weeks to a month in advance, I see no reason not to do them at the same time. Although, I would not try and schedule them on the same day. To many things on an exact time schedule, give yourself some breathing room.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, jm302music said:

Joel

Yup.   GCP seminar (k-1 & IR/CR-1) can be completed anytime.   I recommend to get CFO completed before the interview at the embassy as appt openings for CFO are slim because of the limited

seating

7 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

The only problem with trying to schedule them both on the same day. Is you have to schedule the GCP/CFO ahead of time and there might not be any openings on the the same day of the interview and there are a limited number of people seen each day. 

But if your interview is scheduled a couple weeks to a month in advance, I see no reason not to do them at the same time. Although, I would not try and schedule them on the same day. To many things on an exact time schedule, give yourself some breathing room.

same week  ;)  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Yup.   GCP seminar (k-1 & IR/CR-1) can be completed anytime.   I recommend to get CFO completed before the interview at the embassy as appt openings for CFO are slim because of the limited

seating

Okay, got it.  As always, thank you so much for your help, Hank!

Joel

1 hour ago, AlaMike said:

Although, I would not try and schedule them on the same day. To many things on an exact time schedule, give yourself some breathing room.

Yes, good point.  Thank you for your help!

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Thanks for listening! :)

Joel

My wife did her CFO six months before her K-1 visa was issued. We were optimistic)))

Finally done...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.