Tyler&Julie

2Go locations for pickup and CFO appt

8 posts in this topic

Hello, 

We have a K1 currently leaving the NVC and are getting our ducks in a row for the medical and interview. I have a couple questions going forward that I wanted to see if you can help with..

When registering for an interview appt on USTraveldocs, I picked to have a pickup at a 2go office, but there is no available location in the drop down menu for Tacloban City. I know they have 2Go branches. Can I just select another option and then have the ability to choose Tacloban City after interview approval at the embassy? Worst case she can fly to Cebu and pickup there.. we have an issue with her not having any reliable mailing address, so she is dependent on picking up the visa.

My second question is about scheduling the CFO seminar appt.. are same day appt's typically available? If not, do you know what the lead time is on scheduling these seminars? We have a fairly tight time frame, so don't want to wait to long to have everything scheduled. My thought was if she has to go to Cebu to pickup the visa, she could knock out the CFO seminar in the same trip.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Tyler&Julie said:

Hello, 

We have a K1 currently leaving the NVC and are getting our ducks in a row for the medical and interview. I have a couple questions going forward that I wanted to see if you can help with..

When registering for an interview appt on USTraveldocs, I picked to have a pickup at a 2go office, but there is no available location in the drop down menu for Tacloban City. I know they have 2Go branches. Can I just select another option and then have the ability to choose Tacloban City after interview approval at the embassy? Worst case she can fly to Cebu and pickup there.. we have an issue with her not having any reliable mailing address, so she is dependent on picking up the visa.

My second question is about scheduling the CFO seminar appt.. are same day appt's typically available? If not, do you know what the lead time is on scheduling these seminars? We have a fairly tight time frame, so don't want to wait to long to have everything scheduled. My thought was if she has to go to Cebu to pickup the visa, she could knock out the CFO seminar in the same trip.

Thanks!

2go will call for specific directions when delivering.  We had ours delivered.   I would not pick up if the office is inconvenient or a scheduling nightmare 

CFO appointments are limited and fill up fast.  I doubt you would find same day 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Tyler&Julie said:

Hello, 

Thanks!

Why not have home delivery, 2GO is good about delivery?  Should be easier than flying to Cebu .    Find it hard to believe there is not a 2GO office in Tacloban (there may be one, but it may not be on the drop down in your dashboard).

http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/tools/outlets.asp

Did you get the email/letter from NVC with the MNL# ?    Your fiancee will need that for the medical at St. Luke's .. so email a copy to her.

Here is a guide for the visa process

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

CFO-GCP tends to run about a month out, you can get lucky sometimes with an earlier date.    You can complete the GCP seminar before the visa interview, which I do suggest.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I will try to convince her to get a home delivery. She lives in a boarding house and they are reluctant to have anything delivered. They do have a 2go location in Tacloban, just not available in the drop down menu on the ustraveldoc dashboard.

She can have the CFO-GCP before she has the visa? Will they put a stamp in her passport? For some reason I thought she needed the visa first.. that's good news

Thanks for the info

We have everything, except our NVC letter.. we have our case# already, and getting a jump on things. I will wait to send her for the Medical until we have the NVC letter. DS-160, bank fee are done and working on our interview appt now (waiting on the bank fee to clear processing)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tyler&Julie said:

I will try to convince her to get a home delivery. She lives in a boarding house and they are reluctant to have anything delivered. They do have a 2go location in Tacloban, just not available in the drop down menu on the ustraveldoc dashboard.

She can have the CFO-GCP before she has the visa? Will they put a stamp in her passport? For some reason I thought she needed the visa first.. that's good news

Thanks for the info

We have everything, except our NVC letter.. we have our case# already, and getting a jump on things. I will wait to send her for the Medical until we have the NVC letter. DS-160, bank fee are done and working on our interview appt now (waiting on the bank fee to clear processing)

Since she needs to be present to receive the Visa package,  she can meet 2go at the door 

CFO can be done any time.   The caveat is that she will need to return to the CFO office after the Visa is issued for the sticker.   She just needs to present the completion certificate that she will receive after seminar completion.   If you plan to fly out of NAIA,  it is possible to get the sticker at the airport.   Mactan airport doesn't have this.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Tyler&Julie said:

Thanks for the info

Yes.  For the GCP seminar she can complete the seminar before receiving the visa, CFO will give her a certificate upon completion. Later when she has the visa in her passport she returns to CFO (no appt for this) with the certificate and gets their sticker.

The link I gave you has details and links to CFO for scheduling

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.