Z616

Received NOA2 but still no letter from NVC

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all!

I received NOA2 at the end of August but still no letter from NVC. I just read here on VJ that NVC is currently delayed, is that correct? I'm about to contact them to see what's going on. In the meantime, what can my fiance and I do, in terms of preparation for the interview? 

My biggest concern about this whole journey is my lack of tax transcripts/W2 for the last 3 years.  I was a student for 2 years and I only started my current job at the end of November 2018. However,  I currently make way above 125% of  the required income. So when my beneficiary goes for the interview at the Manila US  Embassy, is it okay that I can only provide a letter from my employer and a statement from an officer of my bank or bank statements for the I-134 Affidavit of Support? Or will they look for tax transcripts that I don't have? 

Any input is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Benin
Timeline

I never received a letter from the NVC, just call them or email them.... I haven't heard that they are behind, things seem to be moving normally for most people... 

Waiting On My Love... 

Noa1 06/04/19

Noa 2 08/24/19 

NVC Received: On my Bday 09/20 

Sent to Embassy: Oct 1st 

Embassy Received: Oct 8th 

Interview Scheduled: Nov 13th!!!!!!!!

Interview Re-scheduled: Nov 15th 

CEAC Shows Issued: Nov 19th 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I would try to get evidence that you were in school, not sure if a transcript of when you graduated would help or a letter from your dean stating when you were enrolled.

I would also include 3-6 last pay stubs to show consistent income and bank statements from the past year even though they don’t hold much weight when it comes to having good evidence.

And for me, my NOA2 was 7/24 and nvc letter was 9/10. Probably will come next week, if not try to call nvc. Email takes a month for them to reply so I wouldn’t even bother with email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.