Beddy2015

N400 October 2019 Filers!

1,174 posts in this topic

I got the email this morning at 6am that an action was taken, they scheduled my oath. I can not see the date yet. Finally Chicago is moving guys. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
10 minutes ago, vintage10 said:

I got the email this morning at 6am that an action was taken, they scheduled my oath. I can not see the date yet. Finally Chicago is moving guys. 

Wow good news !!!! Thanks for the update. Did you request a name change ?? 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
34 minutes ago, vintage10 said:

No

Ok. Good to know. I guess mine is delaying since I requested a name change. I need to do my oath in a court house which currently open but not allowing oath swearing till July 15th. 

48 minutes ago, bulls2030 said:

Congratulations. What date was your interview if I may ask?

Middle of February, but I  had to send some more paperwork so it did delay my approval a little bit. They scheduled my oath on March 11th for April 2nd. 

Took the oath this morning, finally done with this part. On to the passport waiting game. According to the officer, leading the oath, they USCIS has started changing all ceremonies to administrative ones (Virginia normally wants judicial ones) so they can get rid of this back-log they have. If you requested a name change you will have to wait for the judicial system to start those up again.

22 hours ago, vintage10 said:

Middle of February, but I  had to send some more paperwork so it did delay my approval a little bit. They scheduled my oath on March 11th for April 2nd. 

Congratulations.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, vintage10 said:

I got the date for my oath and it is sooner than I expected. July 1st. So happy 😁. Hopefully nothing will stop us this time.

You are not far away. You will come out as a Citizen soon.😆 Maybe there will be uncertainty beginning in August of something due to furlough and funding issues. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 6/11/2020 at 3:33 PM, mrmyrie said:

Hi ..... please if I may ask, did you request for name name change ??? I was scheduled for oath swearing on March 30th. But it was rescheduled for the obvious reason. I see schedules trickling in for Chicago filers but I feel because I requested for a name change I may not be lucky to get my schedule soon since I have to swear in don’t order a judge. 

Hi.... No please. I didn't have a name change. I pray you hear from them soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.