NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/25/2019 at 11:52 PM, Swadesfan said:

Finally I received the DQ email this afternoon.😊

First and Only Submission: September 13

DQ Email: October 25

Thank you all and wish everyone gets the same soon.

Congratulations, you are one step closer....

hi guys, so we heard back couple days ago, divorce certificates accepted, now they want proof of employment and also a joint sponsor. I suppose everything should have been submitted right away at the first submission and our wonderful attorney went by the logic of if they're not specifically asked for it we're not giving it to them. So now we're playing catch up. We added our joint sponsor but for some reason the website is saying proof of us domicile is a required document, our joint sponsor lives in the US, he doesn't even have a passport and has never left the country. Now I am not sure what to use as proof? Can I upload his state tax return for last year as proof? He doesn't have a voters registration, which is what NVC suggested when I called them. Or would a drivers license be enough? I am so completely lost.

Also another question I have, uploading his federal tax return, do I only upload form 1040 or do I also scan the forms 8880, 8867 and 8879, which were all in the same packet he gave me from his accountant? The forms say they are to be filled with 1040 and are named, efile authorization form, credit for qualified retirement savings contribution and paid preparers due dilligance checklist. Do I scan all of this in with the 1040 or do I omit this? We have been screwing up since may, this is our 5th resubmisson and I am at my wits end at this point 

Also, for my proof of employment, letter from employer would be enough? I am a bartender and don't really get regular paychecks

Thank you in advance

48 minutes ago, Yannary said:

hi guys, so we heard back couple days ago, divorce certificates accepted, now they want proof of employment and also a joint sponsor. I suppose everything should have been submitted right away at the first submission and our wonderful attorney went by the logic of if they're not specifically asked for it we're not giving it to them. So now we're playing catch up. We added our joint sponsor but for some reason the website is saying proof of us domicile is a required document, our joint sponsor lives in the US, he doesn't even have a passport and has never left the country. Now I am not sure what to use as proof? Can I upload his state tax return for last year as proof? He doesn't have a voters registration, which is what NVC suggested when I called them. Or would a drivers license be enough? I am so completely lost.

Also another question I have, uploading his federal tax return, do I only upload form 1040 or do I also scan the forms 8880, 8867 and 8879, which were all in the same packet he gave me from his accountant? The forms say they are to be filled with 1040 and are named, efile authorization form, credit for qualified retirement savings contribution and paid preparers due dilligance checklist. Do I scan all of this in with the 1040 or do I omit this? We have been screwing up since may, this is our 5th resubmisson and I am at my wits end at this point 

Also, for my proof of employment, letter from employer would be enough? I am a bartender and don't really get regular paychecks

Thank you in advance

Drivers license can be used for proof of domicile. I think our also need proof of citizenship/ residence status. I know I uploaded a passport as well. Maybe birth certificate too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jane&niko said:

Almost a week now we are not able to call nvc. Each time we call it hangs up. Who is experiencing same thing?

i always do call and cut untill i hear a ring in the beginning

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Finally submitted my documents just now! Took me a while tbh to get everything sorted, especially because I get a little finicky. But done submitting *phew* 

One question: do we need to submit marriage certificate with I-864 as well?

On 10/26/2019 at 7:21 PM, imjustintime said:

Good evening everyone! 

I'm able to submit documents on CEAC already but i'm still gathering all documents to post them all at once. Question about I864 and I864A.

I'm a petitioner husband for an intending immigrant which is my wife. I need help for Forms I864 and I864A forms,

I have ongoing income but didn't meet the 125%, my parents are going to be the sponsors using I864 and I864A. I file I864, my mom files a separate I864, and my dad uses I864A.

For the Household size under my I864 form, Do i also include my dad under part 5 number 7 optional and include his income in part 6 number 8? Or do I just put that information on my moms I864 form and keep my form blank with just 2 household size(me and wife) ? 

Anyone can lighten up on me for this? Thanks haha

1 hour ago, jane&niko said:

Almost a week now we are not able to call nvc. Each time we call it hangs up. Who is experiencing same thing?

Yes same here..... exactly at 29:28 seconds of call, it disconnects..... to the person who replied you, yes it happens after beep comes on then starts to wait for CS to come and talk 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 10/24/2019 at 3:09 PM, Andy & Val said:

I have a major update!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the Interview Letter today October 24th.

The Embassy needs me November 20th.

Case Complete October 9th.

Never thought this day will come so soon.

But we're all thankful and looking forward to get this whole process over with once and for all.

To the rest of the family, don't lose the energy! YOUR case will be sorted out soon.

Congratulations. I am proud of you. I am a green card holder and my case has been Documentarily Qualify since June 26, 3019 it is 126 days . I am still waiting for il I am from Cameroon also. Please do you know the length of time for me?

50 minutes ago, aceegreene said:

Finally submitted my documents just now! Took me a while tbh to get everything sorted, especially because I get a little finicky. But done submitting *phew* 

You should for the petitioner documents

5 hours ago, Yannary said:

Thank you in advance

We had to do proof of employment, so we provided a signed letter from the employer stating, their role, their commencement date, their salary (or I guess in your case rate per hour and average hours per week maybe...) just basically as many details as we could provide, and of course saying you are currently employed by them. My wife also provided 3 months worth of her most recent payslips, because...well why not! 

We just tried to go overboard, because we are sick of the NVC playing games with us and finding every reason they can to stall us.

good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, jane&niko said:

I always call back to back 10-15 times until I hear a ring. If I don't get through, I try again in 30 minutes and repeat the same.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, aceegreene said:

Can someone else comment on this?

I can’t seem to find it written anywhere across travel.state.gov or visajourney that marriage certificate needs to be submitted with the I-864.

1 hour ago, aceegreene said:

Can someone else comment on this?

I can’t seem to find it written anywhere across travel.state.gov or visajourney that marriage certificate needs to be submitted with the I-864.

With I-864, you just need to submit the tax transcripts...

However, you will need to upload Nikahnama, its tranalation and NADRA marriage certificate along with the form DS-260... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.