dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, GAMAJM said:

I uploaded docs last night and already received the DQ email today!! I checked CEAC and sure enough all docs accepted and email received :)

So happy for you, Nebraska buddy! Glad that you got a break after the everlasting Nebraska waiting game. My NOA1 was August 28, 2018 with Nebraska also. So this is hopeful :)))

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
19 minutes ago, 攀弥旺 said:

Finally received NVC case number last night! Paid the AOS/IV fees, now to wait again

Congrats!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, 攀弥旺 said:

Finally received NVC case number last night! Paid the AOS/IV fees, now to wait again

Wonderful!!!

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

patiently waiting for IL........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone! 
first congratulations to those who received their DQ! 
i am kind of lost with this NVC process

( and I was at NSC For 344 days ! Soo .. lol) 

I don’t understand how they work . 
they are officially working on the 3rd of September but some people who filled after get DQ in one day when some others are waiting for months . I lost my counts and I don’t know really when we can expect and answer from them , or when we can expect to move .. it’s sooo frustrating! 
if someone could give me  an answer 🙏😊

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
7 hours ago, aceegreene said:

Hi everyone,

We have a letter from my wife’s (USC and petitioner) bank in USA stating that she has maintained an account etc. This is as one of the proofs of domicile. However, it’s dated July 17th and I had to upload before CEAC went down so it was within the three month mark but now it isn’t. Is it okay if I submit the one I have or should we order a new one?

Problem is that I’m ready to upload everything, and this letter will take time to arrive via mail. 

Thanks. 

It’s better to be safe and have everything as new as possible to avoid resubmission delays, but I’ve seen some people submit older documentation without needing to resubmit. Unfortunately I’ve seen people submit new documentation and still be asked to resubmit. It’s really hard to say :( I’ve seen people upload everything and then replace a document after the fact (but before review), and again unfortunately I’ve never seen any consistent information on whether this resets your submission date or not. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. If it were me, I’d say err on the side of caution and save the few days rather than a few weeks of potential resubmission waiting :(  best of luck 

Marriage: 2018-12-28 [in Portugal]

I-130 Sent: 2019-02-24

I-130 NOA1: 2019-03-07

I-130 Approved: 2019-05-31

NVC Received: 2019-06-19 

Case/invoice number assigned: 2019-08-27

IV/AOS fees paid: 2019-08-28

NVC docs submitted: 2019-09-21 

DQ at NVC: 2019-10-08

Interview letter received: 2019-10-24

Interview date: 2019-11-06

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hello everyone! 

they are officially working on the 3rd of September but some people who filled after get DQ in one day when some others are waiting for months . I lost my counts and I don’t know really when we can expect and answer from them , or when we can expect to move .. it’s sooo frustrating! 

It’s really unpredictable and in my own experience I’ve never had the date estimates they post online be accurate for my case (as I submitted very end of September). Quite frustrating, as some people get approved in days and others in months, as you said :( I was approved in about 3 weeks, and this was before they were processing cases submitted on my date according to their website. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, smith916 said:

I’m sure this has been answered already but I am submitting my AOS tomorrow and   Am confused/worried about part 5 of i-864ez.

i have met the 125% above poverty level this year and 2018. I have 2018 tax transcript ready to submit however 2017 and 2016 I made zero US dollars as I was abroad with my spouse. 

Do I put a big fat 0 in box 6b /6c and just send in the 2018 transcripts? Will This look bad or does it matter?  

Thanks!

I’m not sure if this will look bad per se and can’t really speak for an NVC official, but in my own experience I had less than 7k income in 2016 and 2017, as I was a student. I only had my current job (which is well above this current financial requirement) starting in 2018 for a year and one month or so at the time of submission (and approval) at NVC. The general rule I’ve seen online is to meet the requirement for 1-2 years at least, but again everything is up to the NVC officials and whether they believe this is sufficient income to support your situation. Best of luck! 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Madison S. said:

It’s really unpredictable and in my own experience I’ve never had the date estimates they post online be accurate for my case (as I submitted very end of September). Quite frustrating, as some people get approved in days and others in months, as you said :( I was approved in about 3 weeks, and this was before they were processing cases submitted on my date according to their website. 

@Madison S. 

Thank you very much for you answer 🙂 

if I could be approved in 3 weeks like you , will be perfect ! But right now I think I just have to wait and see ( obviously it’s the rule for this whole process ) 

the most frustrating is that NVC know what going on but when you call them they are just giving you what you can have in their website . they are in a hurry to hang up .

They leave us in the “dark”

some people are lucky some other less .. 

anyway 🤷‍♀️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hello everyone! 

I understand the frustration. I was stuck at NSC for 362 days. I heard that normally it is 4-6 weeks for NVC to review documents but you never know as seen recently. I submitted all documents on Sep 13 and still waiting for them to review. This Friday will be 6 weeks for me. If you call NVC, all they tell you is that they are working on the cases for the date shown on their website (Sep 3 this week) where in fact, we all know they have approved documents submitted well after that date including this week. We cannot escalate the case for supervisor review until you pass the date listed on the website. That means, in my case, I have to probably wait 2 more weeks assuming next week would be Sep 10 and week after that Sep 17.

I am very frustrated with this process. I am already preparing mentally for February interview (hopefully) as this is just dragging on. Initially, I was thinking we would be done by Sep/Oct...then Dec/Jan...☹️

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Swadesfan said:

I understand the frustration. I was stuck at NSC for 362 days. I heard that normally it is 4-6 weeks for NVC to review documents but you never know as seen recently. I submitted all documents on Sep 13 and still waiting for them to review. This Friday will be 6 weeks for me. If you call NVC, all they tell you is that they are working on the cases for the date shown on their website (Sep 3 this week) where in fact, we all know they have approved documents submitted well after that date including this week. We cannot escalate the case for supervisor review until you pass the date listed on the website. That means, in my case, I have to probably wait 2 more weeks assuming next week would be Sep 10 and week after that Sep 17.

I am very frustrated with this process. I am already preparing mentally for February interview (hopefully) as this is just dragging on. Initially, I was thinking we would be done by Sep/Oct...then Dec/Jan...☹️

I think the problem is that NSC took all

our strength and patience so now

we want this to end . 
it’s so frustrating I agree especially when we see that some people are DQ in one day , one week . 
same here we thought we will be already in US in October , then December now we

are more Into February . I had to contact my landlord to ask to keep my apartment longer and I am pretty sure I will have to call him again ... I am tired honestly 

good luck 🍀 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

@Madison S. 

Thank you very much for you answer 🙂 

if I could be approved in 3 weeks like you , will be perfect ! But right now I think I just have to wait and see ( obviously it’s the rule for this whole process ) 

the most frustrating is that NVC know what going on but when you call them they are just giving you what you can have in their website . they are in a hurry to hang up .

They leave us in the “dark”

some people are lucky some other less .. 

anyway 🤷‍♀️

No problem! Yes it seems it’s all about luck at waiting stages (and reading/educating/preparing ourselves in between)! Unfortunately I was unlucky at case creation and it took 10 weeks just to get a case number, so I was surprised and pleased that dq came quickly after submission. Hopefully dq comes quickly for you! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Madison S. said:

It’s better to be safe and have everything as new as possible to avoid resubmission delays, but I’ve seen some people submit older documentation without needing to resubmit. Unfortunately I’ve seen people submit new documentation and still be asked to resubmit. It’s really hard to say :( I’ve seen people upload everything and then replace a document after the fact (but before review), and again unfortunately I’ve never seen any consistent information on whether this resets your submission date or not. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. If it were me, I’d say err on the side of caution and save the few days rather than a few weeks of potential resubmission waiting :(  best of luck 

Thank you for this. I guess I’ll order a new one then. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Madison S. said:

No problem! Yes it seems it’s all about luck at waiting stages (and reading/educating/preparing ourselves in between)! Unfortunately I was unlucky at case creation and it took 10 weeks just to get a case number, so I was surprised and pleased that dq came quickly after submission. Hopefully dq comes quickly for you! 

Yes you are right it’s all about luck at this stage ! 
waou 10 weeks .. they took 24 days to create mine and it was already long for me .. that’s good that finally you had finally some luck at this waiting time game with your DQ in 3 weeks . 
i hope really ! But I feel re submissions coming . I have real doubt about the passport picture that to me is not that good and I provided my French documents without translations as some others French people did and it worked for them but with my luck they gonna ask for it finally lol 

lets pray 🍀🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.