dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, jojotica said:

I think the petitioner just needs proof of citizenship which can be passport 

Thanks. As for the first question, I searched this site and found out that this question was already made and answered a million times :)

I don't know what I would have done without this forum.

1 hour ago, Swadesfan said:

Question for all while we all wait for documents review. I was thinking about this all night and losing my sleep over the process...😪

Do you think that when NVC is processing your case (reviewing documents), the beneficiary's country makes any difference as far as how fast they review once you submit everything?

What I am trying to say is that, if the consulate is backlogged, do NVC start processing cases from different countries where they can schedule interview straightaway. And as they clear some back to other cases.

My home country is not where I do my interview and my current location only gave less than 5 last month..... so really low load. 
maybe the reviewers love their previous home countries more. Lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Rose__ said:

No :(

I know the feeling :cry:

43 minutes ago, Gojo said:

I am trying to correct the document and upload the correct i864 but the system is still down.  A

Has anybody been able to enter the system to resubmit again?

I thought I  was having the issues because I could log in but when I attempt to go to the documents, I get the error message.  Do you think this affects your ability to check your status as well?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

USCIS Processing

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Kingston

Marriage: 2019/02/14

I-130 sent: 2019/02/28

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/01

I-130 Approval: 2019/08/21

NVC Processing

Case sent to NVC: 2019/09/11

Case receive NVC: 2019/09/18

Case # receive NVC: 2019/10/01

Pay AOS/IV Fees: 2019/10/01

Send AOS/IV Documents: 2019/10/05

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

w

25 minutes ago, SNJOHNSON said:

I know the feeling :cry:

I thought I  was having the issues because I could log in but when I attempt to go to the documents, I get the error message.  Do you think this affects your ability to check your status as well?

I dont think so because I saw like 4 people on here yesturday that has been document qualified but resubmitting documents it gives an error message about maintenance. uhhggg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rose__ said:

This is a "theory" I've read and it makes a lot of sense to me... Meaning, why would they spend time reviewing one's case now when they know they won't be able to schedule their interview for another 6 months, if they can work on someone else's and clear it out now? I sympathize though, my consulate is very slow too! But we've already come this far :)

Gosh I'm so upset at this maintenance thing! I'm trying to be patient but it's so annoying. It's hard not to get paranoid and start thinking they're doing this on purpose :innocent:

Yes, this "theory" has occupied my mind for last couple of days. For some reason, I was really excited for the last 2 weeks that I am going to hear something from NVC...but that excitement is long gone. Now I am trying not to think about it. Seems like I need to go back and think of NVC as NSC (Nebraska) ..... where theory or logic does not apply. 😂

I hope we all hear something soon...

25 minutes ago, Swadesfan said:

Yes, this "theory" has occupied my mind for last couple of days. For some reason, I was really excited for the last 2 weeks that I am going to hear something from NVC...but that excitement is long gone. Now I am trying not to think about it. Seems like I need to go back and think of NVC as NSC (Nebraska) ..... where theory or logic does not apply. 😂

I hope we all hear something soon...

There’s another “theory” going around that I’ve seen. The maintenance thing is because they’re waiting for the final rule on public charge to take effect since it was stalled. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t even know what to do think anymore. It’s crazy how our minds to start to think a certain “paranoid” way when we are under major stress. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gojo said:

w

I dont think so because I saw like 4 people on here yesturday that has been document qualified but resubmitting documents it gives an error message about maintenance. uhhggg

Thanks Gojo. 

So what part of Turkey?  I lived in Izmir for 3 years!!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

USCIS Processing

NVC Processing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SNJOHNSON said:

Thanks Gojo. 

So what part of Turkey?  I lived in Izmir for 3 years!!

I am in Istanbul.  In Sicli area.  I've been to Izmir a few times. My husband lives here. 

Edited by Gojo

Timeline
1 minute ago, Gojo said:

I am in Istanbul.  In Sicli area.  I've been to Izmir a few times. My husband lives here. 

Nice!!!! Turkey is one of those best kept secrets you know!!   I truly hope your process is going smoothly.  I really just want to be done with this lol..

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

USCIS Processing

NVC Processing

Timeline
Just now, impatienttt said:

One quick question. People who submitted their documents and waiting for the review, what it says when they check their visa status on ceac? Thank you

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 11.46.49.png

It says: Action required: Submit requested documents

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

USCIS Processing

NVC Processing

Timeline
Just now, impatienttt said:

Thank you so much.

Does yours say the same thing?  I submitted my documents on the 5th of October.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

USCIS Processing

NVC Processing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.