dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Scott001 said:

There was a new version that was supposed to go in to affect on 10/15. Check the USCIS website, there's an update at the top.  The new new 10/15 form was available on the USCIS site for a short time. 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

so are we supposed to submit the i-864 that is in the drop down menu on the nvc site right?

I previously submitted the i-864 ez because I am the only sponsor for my husband but today I received a notification stating that I have to submit the I-864 instead.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Gojo said:

so are we supposed to submit the i-864 that is in the drop down menu on the nvc site right?

I previously submitted the i-864 ez because I am the only sponsor for my husband but today I received a notification stating that I have to submit the I-864 instead.  

According to their website the current edition (version) of the form is 03/06/18. I believe this is the one available to download right now. 

Check the bottom left of the form to see the edition date. 

[edit] I have no idea why the text size changed in this post.

Edited by Scott001

I-130                                                                 I-129F

Spoiler

Mailed: Mar. 9, 2019 (Phoenix LB)              Aug. 9,  2019

NOA1/PD: Mar. 15,  2019 (LIN)                   Aug. 15,  2019

NOA2: Sep. 24, 2019 - Approved                 Sep. 24, 2019 - Denied 

Received NVC: Oct. 18, 2019

NVC Case#: Nov. 09, 2019 (Assigned to China, should be Japan )

AOS Submitted: Nov. 18, 2019

IV Submitted:  Dec. 23, 2019

AOS/IV Approved: Jan. 16, 2020 

Interview Scheduled: Jan. 23, 2020

Request location change: Mid Nov. 2019 --> Feb. 21, 2020

Contacted my Reps (House, Senate): Feb. 5, 2020 - Rep contacted Guangzhou & Tokyo. 

Response 1: Feb. 11, 2020 - Guangzhou gave copy/paste info to my Rep's office.

Response 2: Feb. 18, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy - Requested transfer fm China - Case moved to Administrative Processing 

a Short Time Later after talking with Rep. Case's office, they contacted the embassies again. 

Response 3: Feb. 21, 2020 - Transfer complete; New interview scheduled.

Interview Date: Mar. 2, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy

Visa Issued: Mar. 4, 2020, Visa in hand: Mar. 6, 2020

Time: ~359 Days from start to finish 

POE:  Stupid COVID-19 delaying travel to the US....Aug. 13, 2020 - San Francisco 

GC: Aug 5, 2021 (51 weeks from entry)

I-751

NOA1 - May 20, 2022 CA Service Center

NOA2 - July 20, 2022 Case Transferred to NBC

NOA4 - Sep 1, 2023 Biometrics Appointment 

Feb 6, 2024 I-751 Approved, GC delivered 10 days later.        

N-400

NOA1 - June 23, 2024 Filed online (Honolulu local office)

NOA2 - June 23, 2024 Biometrics reused

NOA3 - :clock:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed as another member changed the quote. Please do not change/alter or translate another members post when quoting.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got DQ'd today, submitted on September 3.

In my limited experience, I received my case number and DQ at around or slightly faster than the processing date posted on the NVC website. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello. We received our case number and now are waiting on the fees to be processed. I have been reading the posts here to get myself organized for the application and document preparations, but I have a question that is lingering in my mind right now...

I am a US citizen but have been living in Brazil (husband's country) for the past decade. Our intention was to go back eventually. Being young and stupid, I didn't really think it was very important to keep my US bank account or mailing address. To summarize: I don't have any way of establishing domicile in the US and now I'm very worried that this is going to screw our entire case. The only thing that I can think of is my father in law (who will be a joint sponsor) writing a letter stating that husband and I will live in one of his apartments once we arrive in the US. What do you guys think of this? Not enough, right? I have filed my taxes religiously ever year since I left the US, so there's that...

Also: do I as the petitioner need to provide my birth certificate, or only the beneficiary needs to? We don't have any kids or have been married before. I'm asking this because I was born in South Korea and it's super complicated to get a birth certificate. I read through the pages at travel.gov and it wasn't clear if I need to or not.

Thanks a lot of your help in advance.

21 minutes ago, Greentea84 said:

Hello. We received our case number and now are waiting on the fees to be processed. I have been reading the posts here to get myself organized for the application and document preparations, but I have a question that is lingering in my mind right now...

I am a US citizen but have been living in Brazil (husband's country) for the past decade. Our intention was to go back eventually. Being young and stupid, I didn't really think it was very important to keep my US bank account or mailing address. To summarize: I don't have any way of establishing domicile in the US and now I'm very worried that this is going to screw our entire case. The only thing that I can think of is my father in law (who will be a joint sponsor) writing a letter stating that husband and I will live in one of his apartments once we arrive in the US. What do you guys think of this? Not enough, right? I have filed my taxes religiously ever year since I left the US, so there's that...

Also: do I as the petitioner need to provide my birth certificate, or only the beneficiary needs to? We don't have any kids or have been married before. I'm asking this because I was born in South Korea and it's super complicated to get a birth certificate. I read through the pages at travel.gov and it wasn't clear if I need to or not.

Thanks a lot of your help in advance.

I think the petitioner just needs proof of citizenship which can be passport 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Congratulations 🎉

How long did it take since your submission?

1 minute ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Congratulations 🎉

How long did it take since your submission?

First submission September 10th

2nd submission September 18

3rd submission October 2nd

DQ qualifies today!  Thank you so much !!! I am soooo happy!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MrsEze said:

Waou! That’s great ! 
i understand ! Enjoy and congratulations again ! Next step , interview !!whoop whoop !!🎉😀

Timeline
Just now, Mr & Mrs T said:

Waou! That’s great ! 
i understand ! Enjoy and congratulations again ! Next step , interview !!whoop whoop !!🎉😀

Thank you ooo!! Good luck to us all. Onelove!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, MrsEze said:

Thank you ooo!! Good luck to us all. Onelove!

You’re welcome !!!

I submitted on October 10th I pray for an answer early November , who knows 🤷‍♀️

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

You’re welcome !!!

I submitted on October 10th I pray for an answer early November , who knows 🤷‍♀️

You can never tell. Might be surprised with a DQ way before then 💁🏽‍♀️

Timeline
26 minutes ago, MrsEze said:

You can never tell. Might be surprised with a DQ way before then 💁🏽‍♀️

You are right.

with this whole process we can never tell .

i would like to be surprised ahah 

1 hour ago, MrsEze said:

Wow. That's so fast. You're lucky. Congrats. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.