dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Congratulations. I added you to the spreadsheet.

Thanks m8 and also a BIG THANK YOU for creating and updating these threads!

4 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

HI, can you remove me from the spreadsheet please? We got false information from our attorney and as of right now we still don't have a case complete 😭

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just submitted my DS-260. It says visa class: CR1. My marriage will have been two years long by the time I get an interview (keeping in mind Pakistan's approximate processing times), will I still get a CR1 or an IR1?

Edited by aceegreene

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
10 minutes ago, aceegreene said:

I just submitted my DS-260. It says visa class: CR1. My marriage will have been two years long by the time I get an interview (keeping in mind Pakistan's approximate processing times), will I still get a CR1 or an IR1?

If i am right , this depend on the date of entry in USA . The stamp you will have at the POE . If you fly after 2 years you will have IR1 . Before , you will have CR1 .

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

If i am right , this depend on the date of entry in USA . The stamp you will have at the POE . If you fly after 2 years you will have IR1 . Before , you will have CR1 .

Ah, got it, thanks! Date of entry will definitely be after two years. 

So you are saying that the stamp on POE determines what visa I get? Doesn't the local embassy provide the visa?

35 minutes ago, Dustin725 said:

Hello! My wife has recently got a DUI but I have a police certificate before this occurred, can this in any way effect my wife’s visa? Thank you all!

What an excellent question, I’ve been asking myself the same question because here, DUI isn’t a criminal offence and USCIS etc ask for criminal history 🤷‍♀️ 

Im pretty sure you might need a new certificate, post DUI though, they’re only current until an offence has occurred.. 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

1 hour ago, Duke & Marie said:

What an excellent question, I’ve been asking myself the same question because here, DUI isn’t a criminal offence and USCIS etc ask for criminal history 🤷‍♀️ 

Im pretty sure you might need a new certificate, post DUI though, they’re only current until an offence has occurred.. 

but by using the old one they’d never know, am I right? Would hate to see something like this get in the way of her immigrating.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
2 hours ago, aceegreene said:

Ah, got it, thanks! Date of entry will definitely be after two years. 

So you are saying that the stamp on POE determines what visa I get? Doesn't the local embassy provide the visa?

Everything is at POE

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dustin725 said:

Hello! My wife has recently got a DUI but I have a police certificate before this occurred, can this in any way effect my wife’s visa? Thank you all!

We all know every country conducts some kind of background check after the interview.

So rather than them finding out the obvious (which might stall/complicate your case), I think it'll be a wiser decision to get an updated certificate.

That's one document they take very seriously in order to know the type of people that are being allowed into the country and what they might be capable of.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, aceegreene said:

Thank you!

Just to add, the reason for that is because being in possession of a visa is NO guarantee that you'll be granted entry into the USA.

CBP officials have the authority to grant or deny admission.

It's a long road my friend.

But not a winding one for that matter.

Everything is straight forward.

14 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

After correcting and resubmitting some papers on 9/24, we finally got our DQ email!!! Now the wait for interview starts as I'm umping into this new thread where October CCs (even though it says November) are waiting and sharing their experiences: Best of luck to all of us :)

Congrats! That’s a good sign as I resubmitted docs on September 30. Should I expect something this week maybe?

1 hour ago, Andy & Val said:

We all know every country conducts some kind of background check after the interview.

So rather than them finding out the obvious (which might stall/complicate your case), I think it'll be a wiser decision to get an updated certificate.

That's one document they take very seriously in order to know the type of people that are being allowed into the country and what they might be capable of.

Thank you! Can you point me to a source of information about these background checks? I thought the whole point of getting these police certificates was doing that part for them.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Andy & Val said:

Just to add, the reason for that is because being in possession of a visa is NO guarantee that you'll be granted entry into the USA.

CBP officials have the authority to grant or deny admission.

It's a long road my friend.

But not a winding one for that matter.

Everything is straight forward.

Fingers crossed! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.