dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, elena333 said:

Hi fellow NVC filers. As I am waiting for the NVC to come back online, I started wondering about whether I need to submit some of the similar documents to the Affidavit I864 and DS-260 in the Supporting Documents section. For example both I-864 and the Ds-260 ask for the marriage certificate, and because I am using the income of my spouse that will continue in the US to help the household income, both applications would seem to need the letter of employment continuing... Have you submitted the same documentation twice under two separate sections or just once time under one of them? My logic is that someone looks it one time and I already have so many documents, that I would hate to overwhelm them with one more copy, or do you think this is necessary?

Searching but can't find a post on this...

I would appreciate to learn what you did.

Another thought that is on my mind as a hope for this long maintenance period when submitting documents is impossible... - I hope that since NVC seems to be sending out DQs, that although for those who hasn't submitted documents the 4-6 weeks timer hasn't kicked in yet, but perhaps it will shrink the time of the wait, since NVC will have time to catch up and process the cases already submitted. Unless of course they also take a little break right now and taking it easy...

As for my opinion the ceac online submission website is well organized and you won't get lost on what's to upload etc. Not unless they changed it during their maintenance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, inneedofmyhb said:

I’m sorry but as a “single” mother supporting a teen who just started college and what it has cost us going through this immigration process this far, I am living check by check. Does that make me not responsable? I don’t think so. What my husband makes in his country is pennies converted to dollars, adding him to my employer health insurance as soon as he gets here is our plan but at $600/month just to add him, if they want all visa applicants to have health insurance after 30 days, they need to make it a bit more affordable. So please, this isn’t about being responsible. Those words are not the right choice in this matter. 

Facts!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

I’m sorry but as a “single” mother supporting a teen who just started college and what it has cost us going through this immigration process this far, I am living check by check. Does that make me not responsable? I don’t think so. What my husband makes in his country is pennies converted to dollars, adding him to my employer health insurance as soon as he gets here is our plan but at $600/month just to add him, if they want all visa applicants to have health insurance after 30 days, they need to make it a bit more affordable. So please, this isn’t about being responsible. Those words are not the right choice in this matter. 

I couldn't agree more! The main and only beneficiary of such so called "rules" or "proclamations" are INSURANCE COMPANIES, which have strong lobbiests in Washington who are constantly pulling the strings and urging politicians to pour more $$ into their pockets! Ask yourselves when was the last time YOU (and your family) benefited from any of these rules, many of which, the average hardworking American, doesn't even know or hear about, till they're pass and become LAW!! READ MY LIPS. Every time politicians (Left or Right) want to pass a proposition or "law", they waive the banner of "why should taxpayers have to pay for it" Well let me tell you something: Taxpayers have always and will always bare the burden of high cost of health insurance or high cost of gasoline at the pump, or forever climbing apartment rents/leases. When they want to "brainwash the masses" and pass these laws/rules they say things like "immigrants must have their own insurance, why would you and I have to pay for it". Very logical statement indeed, but the bottom line is Insurance companies will get richer, and you and I will never, I repeat never, see (or have seen) our heath insurance cost or in general cost of living go down! Have you?! Wake Up America And Don't Let Them Feed You this BS. "inneedofmhb" above laid out a real-life example of her struggle that I'm sure applies to many Americans. Our Health Insurance System Suck No one Can Argue With That! As the world leader, we have one of the worst and broken healthcare system in the world. Fixing it will require a major re-haul and restructuring, and not just these "blame it on immigrants tactics"!!!

Edited by Karim2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Karim2018 said:

I couldn't agree more! The main and only beneficiary of such so called "rules" or "proclamations" are INSURANCE COMPANIES, which have strong lobbiests in Washington who are constantly pulling the strings and urging politicians to pour more $$ into their pockets! Ask yourselves when was the last time YOU (and your family) benefited from any of these rules, many of which, the average hardworking American, doesn't even know or hear about, till they're pass and become LAW!! READ MY LIPS. Every time politicians (Left or Right) want to pass a proposition or "law", they waive the banner of "why should taxpayers have to pay for it" Well let me tell you something: Taxpayers have always and will always bare the burden of high cost of health insurance or high cost of gasoline at the pump, or forever climbing apartment rents/leases. When they want to "brainwash the masses" and pass these laws/rules they say things like "immigrants must have their own insurance, why would you and I have to pay for it". Very logical statement indeed, but the bottom line is Insurance companies will get richer, and you and I will never, I repeat never, see (or have seen) our heath insurance cost or in general cost of living go down! Have you?! Wake Up America And Don't Let Them Feed You this BS. "inneedofmhb" above laid out a real-life example of her struggle that I'm sure applies to many Americans. Our Health Insurance System Suck No one Can Argue With That! As the world leader, we have one of the worst and broken healthcare system in the world. Fixing it will require a major re-haul and restructuring, and not just these "blame it on immigrants tactics"!!!

Continued... Fixing our Healthcare System requires a major re-haul and restructuring, and not just these "blame it on immigrants scare tactics"!!!, which have become the de-facto way of getting these rule to pass and a fertile ground of anti-immigrant sentiments and further division amongst Americans!!! If our great great grandfather/mothers were asked to get insurance before setting foot on US soil, 95% of us wouldn't be here and this GREAT COUNTRY OF OURS wouldn't have become the land of opportunity for ALL (rich and poor alike)...

Edited by Karim2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, elena333 said:

Another thought that is on my mind as a hope for this long maintenance period when submitting documents is impossible... - I hope that since NVC seems to be sending out DQs, that although for those who hasn't submitted documents the 4-6 weeks timer hasn't kicked in yet, but perhaps it will shrink the time of the wait, since NVC will have time to catch up and process the cases already submitted. Unless of course they also take a little break right now and taking it easy...

That's what we're hoping for too (we're stuck until we can upload docs) but I'm worried that everyone waiting to upload docs during the outage will upload all at once and their wait times will get even worse!

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, lngtimecoming said:

Woke up to an email from NVC with our case number!!

NOA2: Aug 24

Sent to NVC: Sept 13

NVC received: Sept 23

Are you apart of our Montreal Consulate Chat? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
10 minutes ago, HuberKimFamily said:

Woke up to an email with my case number from NVC. YAY~

Now I can worry about submitting my documents properly...T_T~

Your I130 was approved the same day that ours was sent to NVC! I hope we hear soon 🤞🏻

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Good morning from Europe, fellow Visa Journey members.

Has anyone ever experienced this long shut down/ maintenance work of the CEAC website? Or heard of this type of system crash before? I just have no idea how long this can continue, as all of you, of course. I am just very concerned that there will now be more obstacles along the way, more time to endure in this process. I was literally going to upload all documents on the same day the system crashed. So sad. I have already resigned from my job (my last day is December 31), and cancelled my lease for my apartment for the same day as my last day of work. I was expecting to get an interview in January by the latest. My priority date is December 24. Do you think this crash will make the process even longer for me and for the rest of you? 

Good luck to all of us! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, HuberKimFamily said:

Woke up to an email with my case number from NVC. YAY~

Now I can worry about submitting my documents properly...T_T~

It takes 2-3 business days to clear fees and you have to do that first. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
56 minutes ago, ljujas2019 said:

Good morning from Europe, fellow Visa Journey members.

Has anyone ever experienced this long shut down/ maintenance work of the CEAC website? Or heard of this type of system crash before? I just have no idea how long this can continue, as all of you, of course. I am just very concerned that there will now be more obstacles along the way, more time to endure in this process. I was literally going to upload all documents on the same day the system crashed. So sad. I have already resigned from my job (my last day is December 31), and cancelled my lease for my apartment for the same day as my last day of work. I was expecting to get an interview in January by the latest. My priority date is December 24. Do you think this crash will make the process even longer for me and for the rest of you? 

Good luck to all of us! 

No one knows how long it will be done, but logically everyone will start uploading at once when it comes back online. So yeah I’m sure it’s going to take a while for them to review docs. Everything is unpredictable with this process I’m afraid. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.