dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Hey guys!

Where in heavens name do I go to check what dates NVC is working on to review documents submitted? I’m at my wits end looking. Original submission 9/18....losing my mind again...🤯🥴

On their website , it shows they are reviewing docs recieved on 23 aug .. .

BUT 

I hv seen few people whose docs reviewd abd accepted in very few days and even their submission date is after that they arr reviewing now.. Depends on the beneficiary country may be...we are before you .. Sep 10 we submitted ours but nothing yet..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hello VJ family , 

little update .

We finally managed to submit all our documents yesterday10 /10  the site was disconnecting regularly but with Mozilla Firefox it worked much better!  by saving regularly we finally managed to complete the downloads.  Thanks for your help !!

Yay! That's good.. Firefox worked for me as well.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

Yay! That's good.. Firefox worked for me as well.. 

Yeah I am happy ! I just hope we did everything right from the 1 st Time 🤞🍀

now we can just wait ahah 

firefox is good . All the rest didn’t want to work 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Yeah I am happy ! I just hope we did everything right from the 1 st Time 🤞🍀

now we can just wait ahah 

firefox is good . All the rest didn’t want to work 

☘️🤞 Yes.. Me too. I hope I submitted everything. 

I wrote yesterday to Asknvc and asked to remove my lawyer

I should have done that before. Darn

Because i did all my stuff without a lawyer. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sam17 said:

BUT 

I hv seen few people whose docs reviewd abd accepted in very few days and even their submission date is after that they arr reviewing now.. Depends on the beneficiary country may be...we are before you .. Sep 10 we submitted ours but nothing yet..

I Uploaded docs on September 3rd and still waiting..................... 

AOS

3/22/2014: AOS (I-485/I-765/I-131)

6/30/2014: Received interview waiver letter

02/27/2015: Green Card received

I-751

12/14/2016: Petition mailed to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail)

12/16/2016: Petition delivered to VSC.

12/21/2016: ACH hold for Payment of $590

12/23/2016: Received NOA1 dated 12/19/2016

01/07/2017: Received Biometric dated 12/31/2016

01/18/2017: Biometrics Appointment  

11/25/2017: Received Approval letter dated 11/18/2107

11/28/2017: Status changed to "new Card is being produced" 

11/30/2017: Status changed to "Card was mailed to me" 

12/04/2017: Received my Green Card. 

N-400

11/30/2017: Applied Online 

12/01/2017: NOA uploaded to my account. 

12/02/2017:  Status changed Biometrics appointment was schedule (Waiting for letter upload to my account )

12/04/2017: NOA received in the mail

12/04/2017: Biometrics appointment letter uploaded online schedule for 12/21/2017

12/05/2017: Early walk-in Biometrics 

06/12/2018: Interview scheduled 

07/17/2018: Interview (Approved)

07/20/2018: Oath ceremony scheduled (for 08/11/2018)

08/11/2018: US Citizen

Timeline
4 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Hey guys!

Where in heavens name do I go to check what dates NVC is working on to review documents submitted? I’m at my wits end looking. Original submission 9/18....losing my mind again...🤯🥴

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

4 hours ago, Sam17 said:

BUT 

Yeah, I’ve seen people getting approved within days...my husbands embassy seems to be a quick one from what I’ve seen (Argentina). Hopefully we hear something soon. 🤞🏼

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

For the people files I-130 in California, how long it takes for NVC to receive the package ?? And then how long to assign Case Number ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

VJ'ers, Just curious after receiving a DQ email, how would one know:

1. When their file ACTUALLY leaves NVC? - Do you call NVC (after a week or so) and ask if your paperwork is sent already?

2. When does the consulate receive your file? Do you call the consulate and ask if your paperwork has been received?

3. Is there another thread (after this one) where one can follow timeline/progress of files leaving NVC and received by consulates for respective countries?

Thanks,

-KK

Any takes? Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 10/10/2019 at 12:21 AM, JMPM said:

That's definitely not the proper advise. If you're married you're supposed to either file married filing jointly or married filing separately.

Yes you can file without the person being in the states. 

(Printing it out and writing NRA (non-resident alien)) mailing it in 

Yes you can fix it by amending the filing. 

Search the forums for those that got delayed on filing single while married. 

@George George 

@pushbrk can chime in if he likes. 

If a person is asking a tax question related to what is "proper" as a filing status, the above is correct.  In the context of immigration process and procedures, since late 2005 when I started watching, I have never seen any consequence to filing single and paying extra taxes.  The petitioner is well advised to amend the return when the beneficiary has a Social Security number, and get a refund for their previous overpayment.

During my entire life, I've never seen or heard of the IRS penalizing a person in any way for paying too much federal income tax.

A Caveat is that if you are an employee of the IRS and file with the wrong filing category/status, expect to lose your job, but those people know that already. 😉

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

19 minutes ago, Karim2018 said:

Any takes? Thanks!

I assume once NVC have scheduled your interview date and informed you of it, they will ensure it’s sent and received by the consulate prior to that date.. 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
12 hours ago, Peter and Kat said:

The wait here isn't so bad. I think it's about 2-4 weeks from the time the case is received by the embassy 

How do you find out what the wait time is for your embassy?

57 minutes ago, Letter said:

How do you find out what the wait time is for your embassy?

Go to country specific help to check similar timelines for the visa type you are applying for

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 hours ago, George George said:

For the people files I-130 in California, how long it takes for NVC to receive the package ?? And then how long to assign Case Number ??

No body filed from california can answer me ??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.