dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, aceegreene said:

I plan on uploading a cover letter for my DS-260 and I-864 supporting documents. Any idea under which heading it can be uploaded? 

I'm assuming they don’t have a separate section to upload the cover letter.

I didn't submit a cover letter. I mean it's redundant if you're uploading a cover letter when the entire system is electronic and each requested item is like a cover letter item.  

I think the cover letter only applies to those that are still emailing, or mailing. 

So if you're using CEAC I think it's wasted time. Focus on making sure your documents are readable, right side up, all parts of the documents are shown. You can view what you upload. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Hello Group,

I am curious to know what this mean. I uploaded my documents yesterday afternoon and today I received an email saying that there was an update in my case. I did check ceac and all docs says accepted. I am not sure if that is what is supposed to happen since I was not expecting a change that soon. It that usual or is that toward becoming documentary qualified? 

Screenshot_20191002-192545_Gallery.jpg

9 hours ago, SNJOHNSON said:

I received my case number and invoice number on yesterday.  My expedite request was not possible with the embassy.  I have a question, so I logged on yesterday and when I attempted to choose an agent (myself) it would not even allow me to.  It went directly to pay my fees. 

Is this common or have they waived that portion for me since I cannot get my case processed at the embassy?

the NVC is no longer requiring the agent designation. I did call and asked them - they say now anybody with the case number and the invoice number can access the electronic systems and that is why they no longer asking for agent. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Bray said:

Hello Group,

I am curious to know what this mean. I uploaded my documents yesterday afternoon and today I received an email saying that there was an update in my case. I did check ceac and all docs says accepted. I am not sure if that is what is supposed to happen since I was not expecting a change that soon. It that usual or is that toward becoming documentary qualified? 

Did the email/message say DQ ( Documentarily Qualified) if so that means everything is good and you will receive an email for the interview date.

1 minute ago, Letter said:

Did the email/message say DQ ( Documentarily Qualified) if so that means everything is good and you will receive an email for the interview date.

9 minutes ago, Letter said:

It only said that they updated my status. this is the email below:

The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application. Please go to the Department of State's Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://nvc.state.gov/ceac. You will need your NVC case number and invoice ID number to log into your account.

Once you have logged into CEAC, please look in your message box or on the Status Chart at the bottom of the page. If NVC has feedback on any items you submitted, there will be a new message with details. If not, please simply follow the updated instructions on your Status Chart to complete your case. If any column says "Pay Now", "Invalid Doc", "Incomplete", or "Re-Opened", that means you must take action by paying a fee, submitting a form, or uploading a corrected/missing document

Timeline
1 minute ago, Bray said:

It only said that they updated my status. this is the email below:

The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application. Please go to the Department of State's Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://nvc.state.gov/ceac. You will need your NVC case number and invoice ID number to log into your account.

Once you have logged into CEAC, please look in your message box or on the Status Chart at the bottom of the page. If NVC has feedback on any items you submitted, there will be a new message with details. If not, please simply follow the updated instructions on your Status Chart to complete your case. If any column says "Pay Now", "Invalid Doc", "Incomplete", or "Re-Opened", that means you must take action by paying a fee, submitting a form, or uploading a corrected/missing document

Okay and when you checked what did it say?

Timeline
Just now, Bray said:

all docs says accepted but nothing else. so I am just not sure.

I believe you have gotten your DQ because i got 2 emails one said my status had changed so i should check and the other one said DQ. When i logged in just to check it said everything was approved and accepted. If you go back to the earlier page of this thread there is someone that took a picture of there message that said DQ if yours looks like that then you are good to go! (i believe it is page 4 of this thread)

4 minutes ago, Letter said:

I believe you have gotten your DQ because i got 2 emails one said my status had changed so i should check and the other one said DQ. When i logged in just to check it said everything was approved and accepted. If you go back to the earlier page of this thread there is someone that took a picture of there message that said DQ if yours looks like that then you are good to go! (i believe it is page 4 of this thread)

great. I checked but that one says directly DQ.  I may called later just to make sure and not to get to excite and than they later change something. - It surprise me just because my submission was yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, Letter said:

do you have the timeline filled out?>

41 minutes ago, Bray said:

Hello Group,

Congratulations. Progress is being made. There was no messages in CEAC? If you didnt' get the DQ message, then you'd definitely get it tomorrow. 

Maybe they reviewed you quickly since you had an issue with the payment right? or was that someone else. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Just now, JMPM said:

Congratulations. Progress is being made. There was no messages in CEAC? If you didnt' get the DQ message, then you'd definitely get it tomorrow. 

Maybe they reviewed you quickly since you had an issue with the payment right? or was that someone else. 

Thank you!... Yes, I was one of those that the payment status remained in process for over 10 days. - I will stay tune. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nyhearts said:

I got DQ today!!!😊

All Docs were submitted on Sept 19th. 

Now the wait for Interview letter... 

Congrats!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, Swadesfan said:

Just to make sure that I did it correctly...Is this what it looks like for the people who are waiting for the documents to be reviewed?

601362281_NVCScreenshot.png.f5a1bde936126d6778252af8dbce0146.png

Yes, mines look like this..

My last submitted date is Sep 28.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.