Sarge21555

October 2019 I-129F FILERS

1,365 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

What! You so young and you have years ahead of you don't waste your life with him and you deserve better!... If you decide to end it now even with an approved petition you have the advantage... Just incase you meet someone else, you can't state he was not sincere with you and you decided not to go with the petition... But if you move here and it does not work... And you have to go back... It will be a very hard case to prove if you ever have another petition approved. Do not marry him or move here if he does not come clean.

I agree BIG TIME!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

38 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

I meant 'can' 

We understood what  you meant! Lol

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

What! You so young and you have years ahead of you don't waste your life with him and you deserve better!... If you decide to end it now even with an approved petition you have the advantage... Just incase you meet someone else, you can't state he was not sincere with you and you decided not to go with the petition... But if you move here and it does not work... And you have to go back... It will be a very hard case to prove if you ever have another petition approved. Do not marry him or move here if he does not come clean.

It's kinda hard to decide especially I love the person. I don't know how to start again, I always think that he will change and he won't hide things again from me. He is good to me even his family but the only problem is... He can't tell something honestly straight to my face .. it's okay for him to make me fool just to save his pride for himself.

Edited by Gummybear
S

2 minutes ago, Rdr said:

Received our NOA2 last night after 125 days of patience 😄 

See it paid off congratulations!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Gummybear said:

It's kinda hard to decide especially I love the person. I don't know how to start again, I always think that he will change and he won't hide things again from me. He is good to me even his family but the only problem is... He can't tell something honestly straight to my face .. it's okay for him to make me fool just to save his pride for himself.

I understand that sweetheart, no matter the advice you get here it's still your call.... You are the one with the emotions and the one to bear the risk... We can only tell how it looks from the outside and base our judgment and advice on that. All in all I personally wish you the best.

NB: I remember my grandma's favorite quote 'Pride comes before fall' 

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Rdr said:

Received our NOA2 last night after 125 days of patience 😄 

Congratulations! You got it after all😊😊💐🎉

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

45 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

See it paid off congratulations!

Definitely did! Thank you! 

23 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Congratulations! You got it after all😊😊💐🎉

Thank you!! 😊

Timeline
On 2/6/2020 at 11:07 PM, MKJ119 said:

I think I’m starting to get paranoid that I’m going to accidentally say or do the wrong thing or break some rule I didn’t know about and screw everything up. And everything is on the line with this! I just found out that if my fiancé hangs out my son while I’m at work, there’s a chance that could be considered illegal? I never in a million years would have thought. And for some reason I totally thought working remotely would be ok. I don’t know how many times I’ve worked from my computer while traveling without even considering that I might be breaking some kind of laws doing so! It’s a lot to process. I love having these forums as a resource, but it’s definitely causing a lot of anxiety.

Illegal? I dont get it...why would it be illegal if he is spending time with your son? I figured it would only be illegal if you are paying him to watch your kid....

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

I understand that sweetheart, no matter the advice you get here it's still your call.... You are the one with the emotions and the one to bear the risk... We can only tell how it looks from the outside and base our judgment and advice on that. All in all I personally wish you the best.

NB: I remember my grandma's favorite quote 'Pride comes before fall' 

Thank you so much beautiful, I appreciated all of your efforts to understand me and give me an amazing advice. I'm shocked that there are still people like you guys who are willing to give time just to make someone feels better. 

Timeline

Thank you guys for those peoples(different races)who cheer me. Thank you for understanding me and for giving me a mature advice. We tried to fix everything and he finally sent the whole RFE to me. We are now okay! We sent our RFE to USCIS already, I know everything will be fine. I wish you all guys to have a successful petition and happy marriage soon. Just keep praying, have faith and I think everything will follow. Thank you so much in this group or (wtever  is this).. I feel like I have a family who is concern about what I feel. Thanks God I found this page. Thanks for the peoples in here. 

Edited by Gummybear

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
8 hours ago, JanRich said:

Illegal? I dont get it...why would it be illegal if he is spending time with your son? I figured it would only be illegal if you are paying him to watch your kid....

Yeah, I never would have thought there could be anything wrong with my son spending time with his future step-dad. He's always trying to find ways to help me when he visits. I don't think I did the dishes once in two weeks when he was here for the holidays! But I was told that "any activity that displaces - or reasonably may displace - a US worker would be prohibited. This means paid or compensated work, unpaid work, internships, etc." I'm thinking it must have to do with people abusing the system. Like bringing someone over with a tourist visa to take care of your kids and paying them under the table and calling it "volunteer work?"

I feel like there is so much room to make stupid mistakes in this process. I've never thought twice about working remotely when I travel (I always have), and apparently that's an issue, too! I had thought maybe he could come here and visit for a while and just work remotely, but that's not an option.

6 minutes ago, MKJ119 said:

Yeah, I never would have thought there could be anything wrong with my son spending time with his future step-dad. He's always trying to find ways to help me when he visits. I don't think I did the dishes once in two weeks when he was here for the holidays! But I was told that "any activity that displaces - or reasonably may displace - a US worker would be prohibited. This means paid or compensated work, unpaid work, internships, etc." I'm thinking it must have to do with people abusing the system. Like bringing someone over with a tourist visa to take care of your kids and paying them under the table and calling it "volunteer work?"

I feel like there is so much room to make stupid mistakes in this process. I've never thought twice about working remotely when I travel (I always have), and apparently that's an issue, too! I had thought maybe he could come here and visit for a while and just work remotely, but that's not an option.

never mention to immigration that your fiance stays with your son while u are at work etc.  this is considered work. u guys will get in trouble. keep quite :D i know grandparents that got denied entry to USA when they said that they will baby sit their grandchildren, as this is considered work, and they need work visa. I know many grandparents baby sit their grand kids, just dont say it :D :D 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.