Lou Lou

Meeting Clinton...

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I got a wee smidge more than tipsy with Al Gore last year at a dinner in Amsterdam... I had some very silly photos of us in our cups taken on my mobile, but then some to$$er stole the phone. :angry:

I'd like to meet Al Gore having just watched An Inconvenient Truth, but I would be worried about falling asleep during one of his very-careful explanations...

You mean one of his very careful fabrications

Sorry about that, but the baseline report they used for that movie is extremely flawed. It is based on the "Hockey Stick Theory" which completely omitted the middle age warming period and the subsequent mini ice age.

So the fabrications may not be his, but he believes the information is accurate and it is not.

Edited by John & Annie

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hillary also ran true to stereotype and was a complete cold fish to me and my date.

Oh, that's top form celeb gossip. :thumbs: I've never thought of Hillary being a cold fish. :lol: She's one smart cookie, that's for sure.

Yeah, while I have always liked Bill, I have never been a Hillary fan. She's very smart to be sure, but just seems like an ice queen to me. The complete opposite of Bill, no visible emotions whatsoever. Even her handshake was limp. But, hey, she had just shoke 500 hands prior to mine too, so I will cut her a little slack on that one. :lol:

How's the weather in Vermont, LouLou?

Hottest damn day of the year so far here in DC. Whew.

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Yeah, while I have always liked Bill, I have never been a Hillary fan. She's very smart to be sure, but just seems like an ice queen to me. The complete opposite of Bill, no visible emotions whatsoever. Even her handshake was limp. But, hey, she had just shoke 500 hands prior to mine too, so I will cut her a little slack on that one. :lol:

How's the weather in Vermont, LouLou?

Hottest damn day of the year so far here in DC. Whew.

I guess if my bloke flirted all the time like that, I'd learn to switch off and do my duty too. :yes::hehe:

VT has been beeyootiful so far. The best I've experienced in the past 7 summers I've spent here. Lots of rain which has made my garden bloom non stop; mild breezy afternoons; and warm evenings. Just bliss! Everywhere else seems to be suffering today but it's only 81 here with a wind good enuff to make you feel like you're at the beach. :thumbs:

I was just in Waterbury yesterday and always think of your mum when I go there! There's a great new coffee place opened up at the station for your next visit, and of course The Alchemist is still down the road from there for a few pints of their best. :D

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I guess if my bloke flirted all the time like that, I'd learn to switch off and do my duty too. :yes::hehe:

VT has been beeyootiful so far. The best I've experienced in the past 7 summers I've spent here. Lots of rain which has made my garden bloom non stop; mild breezy afternoons; and warm evenings. Just bliss! Everywhere else seems to be suffering today but it's only 81 here with a wind good enuff to make you feel like you're at the beach. :thumbs:

I was just in Waterbury yesterday and always think of your mum when I go there! There's a great new coffee place opened up at the station for your next visit, and of course The Alchemist is still down the road from there for a few pints of their best. :D

Wow, I would kill for 81 right now! It's supposedly about 95 and muggy here, oh joy. :(

It's also supposed to really storm tonight and then hopefully get cooler. My plants will like the rain though. And Derek and I will like the cooler part when we try and go biking this weekend. :lol:

The Alchemist, sigh. Hopefully we will be back for a visit soon, but my Mom is interested in coming down here to do the whole 400th anniversary of Jamestown thing, so it might not be until fall.

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Wow, I would kill for 81 right now! It's supposedly about 95 and muggy here, oh joy. :(

It's also supposed to really storm tonight and then hopefully get cooler. My plants will like the rain though. And Derek and I will like the cooler part when we try and go biking this weekend. :lol:

The Alchemist, sigh. Hopefully we will be back for a visit soon, but my Mom is interested in coming down here to do the whole 400th anniversary of Jamestown thing, so it might not be until fall.

As you know fall is the best time for VT! Yikes to The Alchemist. I LOVE LOVE their beer, but I'm such a cheap date, after 2 pints I am on the floor. Strongest and most flavorful stuff I have ever drunk, and I come from the UK -- a nation of pissheads! Their beer is just AMAZING, isn't it?! I never thought I say it of American local brewed beer (and I even once worked on a beer book!), but geez it is the best. :thumbs::yes:

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

seem like it would be a great opportunity.

I'm still kicking myself, KK. :whistle::blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.