Alex+R

Reviving dead polls

Dead Polls  

70 members have voted

1. 1. If someone bumps tons of year(s)-dead polls in one day, is that annoying?

• Yes, let most dead polls rest in peace
    • It's not annoying if they bump one poll instead of making a new redundant poll and they have something to add, but 5 or 6 is obnoxious
    • No, I love to stroll down memory lane with old polls

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I get mildly irritated when I see one name as the latest poster who has bumped 5 polls in one day and has just answered "yes" or "we are 2 months apart" or something. But then I should probably be using my time a little better...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I'm with you Alex! They're just desperately trying to post boost so they can get a heart. Pathetic, but at the same time I'd rather they revive this kind of ####### than "serious" posts.

And like you, I should probably be using my time better!!!

Timeline
I can't help but feel as if this was directed at me! If I am annoying I'm sorry! I was just curious as to people's responses to the polls. Plus I was bored and not original enough to create my own! Sorry!

Nah, it happens like six times a week. But apparently a lot of people enjoy looking at old polls, so I guess it's not a big deal to most poeple.

Filed: Timeline
I can't help but feel as if this was directed at me! If I am annoying I'm sorry! I was just curious as to people's responses to the polls. Plus I was bored and not original enough to create my own! Sorry!

Nah, it happens like six times a week. But apparently a lot of people enjoy looking at old polls, so I guess it's not a big deal to most poeple.

Phew lol I just get bored! I'm glad I'm not making enemies then! :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I think the thing that is rather annoying is how some dredge up polls from a year ago or more. Please...let it go. :wacko:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline
I think the thing that is rather annoying is how some dredge up polls from a year ago or more. Please...let it go. :wacko:

Yes, that is what bugs me too. I was weirded out recently to see myself quoted on the last page of a poll talking about being engaged. Then I noticed the date was from about 10 months ago! I prefer not to see things I wrote so long ago.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I really don't think dredging up old polls is all that bad.... :unsure: ... it might spark a new conversation because more people see the post that might have not seen it the first time around...

I don't think anybody can win around here :blink: when someone posts a poll or whatever that has been posted before they are usually ripped apart and when an old poll or thread is dredged up the person usually gets ripped apart :blink: .. what's a person to do?? :unsure:

also old threads sometimes get dredged up because the thread shows up at the bottom of a newer post as a related thread .......

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I really don't think dredging up old polls is all that bad.... :unsure: ... it might spark a new conversation because more people see the post that might have not seen it the first time around...

I don't think anybody can win around here :blink: when someone posts a poll or whatever that has been posted before they are usually ripped apart and when an old poll or thread is dredged up the person usually gets ripped apart :blink: .. what's a person to do?? :unsure:

also old threads sometimes get dredged up because the thread shows up at the bottom of a newer post as a related thread .......

:thumbs: we actually used to have a pinned thread stating "search old polls prior to making a new one" :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have to confess it irritates me. I also have to confess that I've done that. When I was a newbie (still in Brazil, really bored with absolutely nothing to do), I resuscitated lots of threads. I had a few people giving me a hard time about it. Back then I was offended, cuz they were not old threads which subjects should be buried, but they were old polls and I haven't had chance to vote on them.

Nowadays I find it irritating because I like to check new polls and vote on them, but with all the old threads on first page I have to search for it, which is annoying.

So I can understand why someone would resuscitate old threads, I don't blame them for it, I also can understand why that piss off many people. :P

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Not really, I rarely come in here and when I do I just check if I have already answered to that poll. I rather have people doing a search and voting in that poll than making 10 polls about "what's your age difference", "how long without seeing each other", etc.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

I dont mind bringing back older polls (they can still be interesting) but what gets me is when a congrats you got your approval notice is brought back after several months.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08