mawilson

Israel deploys robo-snipers on Gaza border

114 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
However, I won't go into that, as I wouldn't want to force my wife to ban me. LOL

now that would be interesting :lol:

Not really....

lol

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Hey, I'm a white chick marrying a white guy. I can be impartial by the idiotic arguments here, except that I'm allergic to idiocy so pretty much all your asses would be banned, the topic closed, and quarantined so it couldn't spread.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Okay, I can agree with that.

I'm not pro-Israel, nor am I anti-Israel. I don't know enough about the situation (aside from the US media version) to really have much of an opinion. I do have an opinion about people who are vehemently pro or anti in the matter though.

However, I won't go into that, as I wouldn't want to force my wife to ban me. LOL

I know what you mean there. It says a lot that about the dispute that people who have no interest or personal investment in it whatsoever (specifically those that don’t live there and don’t personally know anyone who does) take such a polarized stance on it, apparently based on little more than fragmentary news coverage.

Hard to see how the dispute can ever be resolved when people totally uninvolved in it can’t view it with a degree of objectivity.

I am not vehement anything (ok well the immigration bill maybe :innocent: ). As I am sure minds are made up that I am a wonky moderator, but this method has been used before - as in working things out via PM and there has never been a problem. Unfortunately not the case here - probably because of perceived lack of objectivity. Well I can't change that other than to tell you that is not the case. I will not be bullied however and slandering me is silly and immature.

Some people need to realize that the Jewish state is here to stay and that God forbid there are people in this world who believe that Israel has a right to exist and that God forbid Jews also have a right to defend themselves. It is unbelievable that on a strip of land no bigger than New Jersey, Israelis have made the desert bloom without benefit of oil and under the threat of constant terrorism and regional war ,yet it has the highest GDP of all Arab countries combined and is the only functioning democratic country in the Middle East. Israel has nothing but my sympathy and awe.

Am Yisrael Chai

amen sister..same here...sanita, a Chechen, and i, a chopf##k. join in your statement...go israel

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Observations:

Freedom of speech has its' limits, and not just on message boards and in discussion groups. Where the limits are varies from place to place and venue to venue, but the right is not absolute.

Everyone does have their own opinion but they are not necessarily free to support whatever they want to support. Supporting certain activities can get one banned, exiled, jailed, or even executed. As with free speech, what those activities are and the punishments for them varies from place to place and venue to venue.

There is such a thing as social responsibility to be balanced against individual rights and freedoms.

Yodrak

What happened to freedom of speech?

Everyone has their own opinion and are free to support whatever they want to support.

Its ludicrous in the sense that it gets further and further from being resolved - this sort of countermeasure is hugely divisive, as is that wall they've built. At some point someone has to realise that noone is in a position to go anywhere, so living together is inevitable. Yet the only ideas people can come up with are to continue building up the powder keg.

It seems to me that this post is an accurate description of this thread, as well as of the original topic. I also think that sufficient points of view have been aired on all sides of both the original topic and the side issues that have developed. So I am closing the thread at this point.

If you disagree, please PM Captain Ewok.

Yodrak