mawilson

Israel deploys robo-snipers on Gaza border

114 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
What happened to freedom of speech?

There is no such thing as freedom of speech on a message board. The owner and moderators decide what can be said and what can't.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Sorry, not drinking the Hamas kool-aid today or ever.

but it's sooooo good

ns3may07.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I would say by the looks of some of the virulent anti-Israel sentiment here apparently we need to give them more aid.

So now not being pro-Israel is equivalent to being virulently anti-Israel? Care to show some examples of this virulent anti-Israel sentiment?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I wonder how much it has to do with genuine defence as opposed to sheer intimidation*.

* - I find the whole Israel/Palestine dispute rather ludicrous.

If the result is fewer people blowing themselves up or shooting at houses, does it really matter? Why do nations have atomic weapons? Not many would really consider using them except in dire circumstances. They are there for intimidation purposes.

I somewhat agree with your feelings about the dispute; I don't really think it's ludicrous, but it does seem a little long in the tooth and over the top.

Its ludicrous in the sense that it gets further and further from being resolved - this sort of countermeasure is hugely divisive, as is that wall they've built. At some point someone has to realise that noone is in a position to go anywhere, so living together is inevitable. Yet the only ideas people can come up with are to continue building up the powder keg.

I would say by the looks of some of the virulent anti-Israel sentiment here apparently we need to give them more aid.

So now not being pro-Israel is equivalent to being virulently anti-Israel? Care to show some examples of this virulent anti-Israel sentiment?

Well, a post that just said "Go Israel!" in a sarcastic manner - in a topic about robot weapons - was removed for being "offensive", wasn't it?

Edited by PlatyPius
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline
Well we agree to disgaree. I will never back down from supporting Israel and neither will the US and if someone gets censored simply for saying Go Israel, I find that disturbing and I will speak on it.

But again there's no expectation of free speech on a message board - its not as like the Govt are telling you what you can and can't say, or censoring what information you have access to. Then we might have something to talk about - but to moan about Free Speech (and no doubt LS will be back to toot that horn) about comments made on an immigration message board is silly. People should get over it.

I might be more sympathetic, but "Go Israel" (in this context) is a pretty dumb comment IMO.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, a post that just said "Go Israel!" in a sarcastic manner - in a post about robot weapons - was removed for being "offensive", wasn't it?

Sorry, I didn't detect the sarcasm in the two typed words on the screen. Maybe I overreacted, you're entitled to think that. But I read it as encouraging the use of ####### kicking weapons. We're not talking about rooting for the Israeli soccer team. Possibly that wasn't the intention, but I've read plenty of LS's posts to know that it was. The aftermath is what has really been disgusting. "Oh, she's married to an Ayraaab, of course she's gonna delete it..."

And no, I can't make the connection between removing a Go Israel post and virulent anti-Israel sentiment. Gimme a break.

I wonder how much it has to do with genuine defence as opposed to sheer intimidation*.

* - I find the whole Israel/Palestine dispute rather ludicrous.

If the result is fewer people blowing themselves up or shooting at houses, does it really matter? Why do nations have atomic weapons? Not many would really consider using them except in dire circumstances. They are there for intimidation purposes.

I somewhat agree with your feelings about the dispute; I don't really think it's ludicrous, but it does seem a little long in the tooth and over the top.

Its ludicrous in the sense that it gets further and further from being resolved - this sort of countermeasure is hugely divisive, as is that wall they've built. At some point someone has to realise that noone is in a position to go anywhere, so living together is inevitable. Yet the only ideas people can come up with are to continue building up the powder keg.

Okay, I can agree with that.

I'm not pro-Israel, nor am I anti-Israel. I don't know enough about the situation (aside from the US media version) to really have much of an opinion. I do have an opinion about people who are vehemently pro or anti in the matter though.

However, I won't go into that, as I wouldn't want to force my wife to ban me. LOL

I never said anything about free speech. Please don't put words in my mouth. The gist of my comments are on Israel's right to exist. I don't need to be able to say that Israel has a right to exist on a message board because I already know Zion is here to stay. Now, I willl allow LS or whomever to speak for themselves as I can only speak for me.

drinkblink14.gif

Timeline
I never said anything about free speech. Please don't put words in my mouth. The gist of my comments are on Israel's right to exist. I don't need to be able to say that Israel has a right to exist on a message board because I already know Zion is here to stay. Now, I willl allow LS or whomever to speak for themselves as I can only speak for me.

Unless I greatly misunderstood or you have a very short memory - you said exactly that:

Everyone has their own opinion and are free to support whatever they want to support.

if someone gets censored simply for saying Go Israel, I find that disturbing and I will speak on it.

Well, a post that just said "Go Israel!" in a sarcastic manner - in a post about robot weapons - was removed for being "offensive", wasn't it?

Sorry, I didn't detect the sarcasm in the two typed words on the screen. Maybe I overreacted, you're entitled to think that. But I read it as encouraging the use of ####### kicking weapons. We're not talking about rooting for the Israeli soccer team. Possibly that wasn't the intention, but I've read plenty of LS's posts to know that it was. The aftermath is what has really been disgusting. "Oh, she's married to an Ayraaab, of course she's gonna delete it..."

And no, I can't make the connection between removing a Go Israel post and virulent anti-Israel sentiment. Gimme a break.

If I had posted that, it would have been sarcastic. My opinions are always clouded by my own thoughts and experiences. With my friends, that would definitely have been sarcastic.

I do agree that going after lal_brandow and using the "she's married to...." argument was pretty low, not to mention nonsensical. She's a moderator. She was asked to make that post invisible. She decided it was best to do so. It wasn't some conspiracy.

I've been pretty disgusted with the way a lot of people have been handling this moderator thing. It's like trying to impose order on a group of rabid baboons. It's a freaking message board. There will always be another one if you're unhappy with this one.

Yeah, whatever you think of the Israel-Palestine situation, "she's married to an Arab she can't be fair about middle East issues" is a really despicable sentiment unworthy of this forum. What's next? "She's married to a Hispanic so she can't moderate about the illegals!!11!" Shall we ask everyone's ethnicity so we can make sure the moderators meet the racial purity tests?

Hey, I'm a white chick marrying a white guy. I can be impartial by the idiotic arguments here, except that I'm allergic to idiocy so pretty much all your asses would be banned, the topic closed, and quarantined so it couldn't spread.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
However, I won't go into that, as I wouldn't want to force my wife to ban me. LOL

now that would be interesting :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Unless I greatly misunderstood or you have a very short memory - you said exactly that:

Everyone has their own opinion and are free to support whatever they want to support.

if someone gets censored simply for saying Go Israel, I find that disturbing and I will speak on it.

The first quote is not mine, try again. Secondly, if Israel does not defend itself it will have a hard time to exist under constant threat of terrorism which is what I was speaking on. Again, I am speaking on Israel's right to exist. Furthermore, I think this conflict could have been solved years ago, but Israel in the meantime will continue to exist and defend itself. I am done with this issue as I have made myself clear and my support for Israel remains strong.

Edited by JODO
drinkblink14.gif