Voice of Reason

Congressional reporters say the impeachment terrain is shifting

126 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

He’d be long gone by the time an amendment revoking 2 terms ever was ratified.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

7 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Absolutely. They're so riddled with corruption, and every time they should go one direction, they go the other. Did you notice how calm Mr. Trump was at his press briefing today? That was the calm serenity of a man who realizes he has nothing to worry about. It's not even 2020 and the Democrats have lost.

I wouldn't rule it out. He's laid the groundwork in his first term. His second term will show the results. An unstoppable economy, immigration solved, homelessness solved, housing solved, Washington solved, and US troops out of places they have no business being in. A constitutional amendment allowing him another term doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities.

It would be next to impossible to happen in the current climate.  

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

It would be next to impossible to happen in the current climate.  

Yes, that is my point. Americans are divided because they don't see the vision. When all of the issues I mentioned are solved, they will want to keep the man who made it happen in office. The Democrats will be crushed in a populist wave.

It's possible the Democrats can keep the divisions alive, and truly it is their only hope. But so far they have shown a complete inability to do anything but the wrong thing.

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

1 minute ago, Boris Farage said:

Yes, that is my point. Americans are divided because they don't see the vision. When all of the issues I mentioned are solved, they will want to keep the man who made it happen in office. The Democrats will be crushed in a populist wave.

It's possible the Democrats can keep the divisions alive, and truly it is their only hope. But so far they have shown a complete inability to do anything but the wrong thing.

You might want to pick up that civics guide.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Steeleballz said:

You might want to pick up that civics guide.

Yes, fine. Nitpick if you like, but my point is that if the country is behind the President, big thing can happen.

-

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Absolutely. They're so riddled with corruption, and every time they should go one direction, they go the other. Did you notice how calm Mr. Trump was at his press briefing today? That was the calm serenity of a man who realizes he has nothing to worry about. It's not even 2020 and the Democrats have lost.

I wouldn't rule it out. He's laid the groundwork in his first term. His second term will show the results. An unstoppable economy, immigration solved, homelessness solved, housing solved, Washington solved, and US troops out of places they have no business being in. A constitutional amendment allowing him another term doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities.

Yeah Trump almost couldn't hold himself back from laughing out loud. He played them as chumps and I am sure they realize it now. Even Pelosi took the bait. I will back any effort to overrule that Amendment as we should be able to vote whoever we want and taking away our choice is non democratic. Anyay Trump will need to retire as he is very old and his announced successor will probably destroy the Republican party so having both major parties destroyed is my dream. Seeing the end of the Democratic party is awesome though. Never thought I would witness the party of the KKK destroyed in my lifetime annd here we are the demise of the Democratic party. Life is good.

Timeline
1 minute ago, luckytxn said:

Yeah Trump almost couldn't hold himself back from laughing out loud. He played them as chumps and I am sure they realize it now. Even Pelosi took the bait. I will back any effort to overrule that Amendment as we should be able to vote whoever we want and taking away our choice is non democratic. Anyay Trump will need to retire as he is very old and his announced successor will probably destroy the Republican party so having both major parties destroyed is my dream. Seeing the end of the Democratic party is awesome though. Never thought I would witness the party of the KKK destroyed in my lifetime annd here we are the demise of the Democratic party. Life is good.

Well I would settle for any of the Trump heirs for 2024. Don Jr or Eric would be perfect. I could even tolerate a female president if it were Ivanka. ;)

-

7 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Yes, fine. Nitpick if you like, but my point is that if the country is behind the President, big thing can happen.

You would need 2/3 of both chambers of congress to pass that amendment. The chances of that happening are microscopic. Trump won't get any support from Democrats, and unlikely he would get enough support from Republicans even if they had enough votes to do so. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Well I would settle for any of the Trump heirs for 2024. Don Jr or Eric would be perfect. I could even tolerate a female president if it were Ivanka. ;)

Ivanka would be awesome  but am warming to Don Jr. He seemed like such an inept personage but have now seen him speak a couple of ties and he ain't half bad but Trump can choose a successor outside his family. It is a long way off so after this next election we can start speculating.

Timeline
Just now, Steeleballz said:

You would need 2/3 of both chambers of congress to pass that amendment. The chances of that happening are microscopic. Trump won't get any support from Democrats, and unlikely he would get enough support from Republicans even if they had enough votes to do so. 

True and know that the RINO's would never go along so 2/3 is hard to do.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Yes, I understand. But if the Democrats have been thoroughly crushed -- or I should say, have thoroughly crushed themselves -- then it could very well happen.

Having said that, @luckytxn could well be right that Mr. Trump will be looking forward to a well-deserved retirement by then, so the point may be moot.

-

5 minutes ago, luckytxn said:

True and know that the RINO's would never go along so 2/3 is hard to do.

Yeah, that's what I think. Even if the Republicans had 80% of the seats in congress, there is no guarantee that there would be 2/3 of the vote to support this amendment. Too much going against it. Many people don't want to see term limits increased for any reason, and I don't think Trump is the guy who can get enough support to see that happen. 

Hard to see any amendment getting enough support  to pass unless it has some appeal for both parties. Democrats obviously wouldn't want to see Trump get a 3rd term, but a lot of Republicans would probably want to see someone else in there too. 

Timeline

Ivanka would be awesome  but am warming to Don Jr. He seemed like such an inept personage but have now seen him speak a couple of ties and he ain't half bad but Trump can choose a successor outside his family. It is a long way off so after this next election we can start speculating.

I had occasion to meet Don Jr. about five years ago in NYC. It was at some trashy fashion show my ex drug me to. He was with Vanessa, and meeting him was the only thing that salvaged an otherwise horrible evening. We spoke at length, and it's obvious he has a keen mind and very good instincts. I have no doubt he will run for President one day, and no doubt he would be more than up to the task. I would not be surprised if his father were to endorse him as his successor.

-

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Yeah, that's what I think. Even if the Republicans had 80% of the seats in congress, there is no guarantee that there would be 2/3 of the vote to support this amendment. Too much going against it. Many people don't want to see term limits increased for any reason, and I don't think Trump is the guy who can get enough support to see that happen. 

Hard to see any amendment getting enough support  to pass unless it has some appeal for both parties. Democrats obviously wouldn't want to see Trump get a 3rd term, but a lot of Republicans would probably want to see someone else in there too. 

Yeah because they know if they do it for one that someone they hate in the future can do it. 

4 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

I had occasion to meet Don Jr. about five years ago in NYC. It was at some trashy fashion show my ex drug me to. He was with Vanessa, and meeting him was the only thing that salvaged an otherwise horrible evening. We spoke at length, and it's obvious he has a keen mind and very good instincts. I have no doubt he will run for President one day, and no doubt he would be more than up to the task. I would not be surprised if his father were to endorse him as his successor.

Awesome. I actually met Trump many years ago and I can say he was swift and on the ball. Nothing gets past him and I am glad I never had to run against him or compete.

Edited by luckytxn

Timeline

Yeah because they know if they do it for one that someone they hate in the future can do it. 

Awesome. I actually met Trump many years ago and I can say he was swift and on the ball. Nothing gets past him and I am glad I never had to run against him or compete.

:thumbs:

-