TBoneTX

March 2019 AOS Filers -- Part 2

636 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

So I’m the subway back to work after our interview and thought I would do a quick write up before I forget!

We are at the NYC office in Manhattan and our interview was at 10:45am. We arrived 20 mins early and had to wait for maybe 2.5 hours it was so busy but expected. 
We were called in by a man who was actually really nice but very professional. I felt like we got really grilled 😂 he took some of our photos, and copies of our joint medical etc. He asked us why we had only filed 1 year (2019) jointly in taxes but then he laughed and was like of course you’ve only been married 1 year lol.

my husband stumbled and couldn’t remember dates but I could see He was really nervous. 

We were in there for about 30 mins and he said said it will take about 2-3 weeks to get the card if all goes well. 

not sure if I think it was good or bad to be honest! Fingers crossed 

I think it was a successful interview and you’ll get the approval notice during this week! Congratulations! 

10 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

I think it was a successful interview and you’ll get the approval notice during this week! Congratulations! 

I hope so, I feel a little deflated not sure why. I think it’s because he grilled us more than I thought he would but maybe he was new and was doing it correctly? All we can do now is wait and see, I feel exhausted 😴 

Just now, Nicola and Jordan said:

I hope so, I feel a little deflated not sure why. I think it’s because he grilled us more than I thought he would but maybe he was new and was doing it correctly? All we can do now is wait and see, I feel exhausted 😴 

After our interview I got home and slept all day long 😂 Our IO gave us the approval letter, but I didn’t want to believe that until I got the online notice. 
Don’t worry, I think usually the trainee or a new officer can’t approve you on spot and later their supervisor do it. It just takes a day or two.

23 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

After our interview I got home and slept all day long 😂 Our IO gave us the approval letter, but I didn’t want to believe that until I got the online notice. 
Don’t worry, I think usually the trainee or a new officer can’t approve you on spot and later their supervisor do it. It just takes a day or two.

I feel like I could sleep for a whole day lol but had to get back to work 😤😂 we got a piece of paper at the end with 3 boxes and he had ticked the first one saying under review bit didn’t get a chance to properly read it as I was rushing 

2 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

Yeah, it was a trainee or new officer and needs supervision before it gets approved. You’ll get the approval notice later this week according to VJ posts.

Ok I thought that was the case. Thank you! Will let you know when I get an update ♥️

Do you think they would have said after the interview if there was any cause for concern? I am SUCH an over thinker and feeling a little deflated as I was hoping he would have let us know after the interview so just need some reassurance lol 

I can see an envelope Scanned in my informed delivery from USCIS - so nervous! Hope it’s not them wanting more documents 🤞🏼🤞🏼

18 minutes ago, Shawn_Lock said:

Has the status changed? 

Nope still says under review 😕

7 minutes ago, Shiran said:

After the interview? For medical or something else? 

Yes after the interview. They want court documents from an arrest In 2017 (charges dropped) that have a raised seal. It’s something I think is easy to sort out. Will call the court house on Monday. 

Edited by Nicola and Jordan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.