TBoneTX

March 2019 AOS Filers -- Part 2

636 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, confusedshoes said:

Hi all, we got the update on Jan.13 that our Interview had been scheduled. However we still haven't received the notice in the mail. I tried calling in on Friday but the rep. was unhelpful. I was told tier 2's were no longer taking calls for the day. Anyways has anyone gotten their notice this late? I have USPS informed delivery so I check that every day. We'll try to call again Monday morning.

Typically, interview is scheduled roughly one month ahead of when the notice changes to "Interview was scheduled" And missing the interview is bad news, so I definitely would start calling early early Monday morning and try to get some answers. What does notice on tracking site says for the date to contact them on? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 1/25/2020 at 12:58 PM, confusedshoes said:

Hi all, we got the update on Jan.13 that our Interview had been scheduled. However we still haven't received the notice in the mail. I tried calling in on Friday but the rep. was unhelpful. I was told tier 2's were no longer taking calls for the day. Anyways has anyone gotten their notice this late? I have USPS informed delivery so I check that every day. We'll try to call again Monday morning.

Hope you get it soon! We got ours about a week after. Not that it should matter but it was a federal holiday last Monday and wouldn't be surprised if that delays it a little. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

It’s the final countdown for us. Tomorrow morning at this time we will be already over the interview. I’m so nervous, I have pain in my stomach. Wish us luck!

I'll be thinking of you! I'm so nervous too, 48 hrs to go! 

35 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

It’s the final countdown for us. Tomorrow morning at this time we will be already over the interview. I’m so nervous, I have pain in my stomach. Wish us luck!

Good luck!!! Let us know how it goes once you’re done celebrating 🥳 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
On 1/16/2020 at 12:12 AM, dittoditto said:

Hi PaulaMarie. We were just at the San Jose office too. They gave us the same paper, checked in the same box. We got a notification about 4 hours later that a new card was being produced. Then two notifications the day after saying that the I-485 and I-130 were approved. Funny how the order is! lol

We interviewed on January 16, in San Jose, and so after @dittoditto despite what their timeline ( https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=325336 ) says (January 19, 2020). 

After seeing the above, I was bummed we didn't get any notice for days about the decision. But then again, this is the AoS from K-1 mega thread, and the aforementioned timeline is an AoS from a F-1 visa. A considerably different situation (when I had my AoS from F-1 status, I too was approved the same day; at the interview in fact, but that was back in the 1980s).

But this morning we have the attached status update and we are obviously overjoyed. Iris passed her behind the wheel test at a DMV many miles from us (thanks for your efficiency California DMV) after a 6 month wait for her appointment. So this has been a banner month for us. Much appreciation to Visa Journey for the wisdom; Iris is one of the few K-1s to have a 5 year REAL ID state ID, and that is due solely to Visa Journey.

And FWIW, we did use a lawyer. She was invaluable for avoiding an RFE that would have totally confused us.

See you in the October 2021 removal of conditions mega thread and the October 2022 N-400 mega thread. I'm betting Iris will have the latter interview first.

green-card-notice.png

Edited by Mike E

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

We interviewed on January 16, in San Jose, and so after @dittoditto despite what their timeline ( https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=325336 ) says (January 19, 2020). 

After seeing the above, I was bummed we didn't get any notice for days about the decision. But then again, this is the AoS from K-1 mega thread, and the aforementioned timeline is an AoS from a F-1 visa. A considerably different situation (when I had my AoS from F-1 status, I too was approved the same day; at the interview in fact, but that was back in the 1980s).

But this morning we have the attached status update and we are obviously overjoyed. Iris passed her behind the wheel test at a DMV many miles from us (thanks for your efficiency California DMV) after a 6 month wait for her appointment. So this has been a banner month for us. Much appreciation to Visa Journey for the wisdom; Iris is one of the few K-1s to have a 5 year REAL ID state ID, and that is due solely to Visa Journey.

And FWIW, we did use a lawyer. She was invaluable for avoiding an RFE that would have totally confused us.

See you in the October 2021 removal of conditions mega thread and the October 2022 N-400 mega thread. I'm betting Iris will have the latter interview first.

green-card-notice.png

Congrats to you and Iris! See you in those threads when the time comes!

21 hours ago, Gigi2017 said:

Good luck today!! Thinking of you and hoping everything goes smoothly!

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

On 1/20/2020 at 11:17 AM, SusannZ said:

Haha I had to go weigh ours now... With all the originals it's 11 lbs! 🤣 5 lbs of just copies to give them if asked. 

We have ours next Wednesday at 1pm! 

Forget about massive amount of pictures. They don't care about them. They're more interested if you can prove them the beneficiary will not be on public assistance.  Under new rules they can deny you if you can't prove otherwise. That was the questions we were grilled on. The officer stopped talking about it until we showed her petitioner made enough and we had life, medical, vision, dental insurance 

K1 VISA: Done in 346 days

Spoiler

Jan 5, 2018: Preparation Started                                                                                   October 31, 2018: Medical Check Up                                                           

Jan 19, 2018: I-129F Packet Sent                                                                                  Nov 2, 2018: Consulate Received                                                                              

Jan 22, 2018: Electronic NOA1 Received                                                                     Nov 6, 2018: Packet 4 Received

Feb 1, 2018: Hard Copy NOA1 Received                                                                       Dec 6, 2018: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

Oct 2, 2018: NOA2 (254 DAYS after NOA1) ***No RFE                                             Dec 11, 2018: Visa Received

Oct 16, 2018: NVC Received                                                                                           Dec 17, 2018: POE (11 Months and 12 days since Starting K1)

October 30, 2018: NVC Left

AOS | SF Local Office: Done in 357 days

Spoiler

Dec 17, 2018: POE                                                                                                                March 5, 2019: Biometrics at ASC in SF

Dec 27, 2018: Apply for SSN                                                                                               March 5, 2019: I-485 and I-765 Status Changed to Fingerprint Review Was Complete 

Jan 11, 2019: Wedding                                                                                                        May 15, 2019: I-485 Status Changed to Case Is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview (New Site Only)

Jan 14, 2019: AOS Preparation Started (1 Year 9 Days Since Starting K1)                May 23, 2019: EAD/AP Approved (97 days since NOA1)

Jan 15, 2019: SSN Card Received                                                                                     December 6, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal sent

Jan 29, 2019: Marriage Certificate Picked Up                                                                 December 9, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal NOA1

Feb 5, 2019: AOS Package Sent                                                                                         December 23, 2019: I-485 Case is Scheduled for Interview (Old Site Only)

Feb 11, 2019: NOA1                                                                                                             January 27, 2020: Interview in San Jose Field Office (Approved)

Feb 19, 2019: NOA1 Received by Mail                                                                              February 3, 2020 : Green Card in Hand

Feb 22, 2019: Biometrics Notification Received by Mail

ROC | California Service Center: Done in 410 days

Nov 2, 2021: ROC Package Sent

Nov 5, 2021: Package delivered

Nov 8, 2021: Text received (WAC)

Nov 9, 2021: Check cashed

Nov 12, 2021: Hard copy of NOA1 received

April 20, 2022: Biometric is waived

Dec 9, 2022: Card is being produced (No interview)

Dec 13, 2022: Case was approved

Dec 16, 2022: GC on hand

📊 I-751 November 2021 Filers Google Sheet 📅

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vonQCJgs9HODO2Y1DdSs3HNyL_FRnMfenlIeDQAUpWg/edit#gid=806913795

1 minute ago, iwir said:

Forget about massive amount of pictures. They don't care about them. They're more interested if you can prove them the beneficiary will not be on public assistance.  Under new rules they can deny you if you can't prove otherwise. That was the questions we were grilled on. The officer stopped talking about it until we showed her petitioner made enough and we had life, medical, vision, dental insurance 

Do they care about the beneficiary’s earnings? I mean my husband earns enough just wasn’t sure if it was worth me taking in my paystubs etc 

1 hour ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

Do they care about the beneficiary’s earnings? I mean my husband earns enough just wasn’t sure if it was worth me taking in my paystubs etc 

Affidavit of support I-865 is a contract between petitioner and US government. So they were grilling my husband and asking him if he made enough and had benefits. Then they warned me if I ever got public assistance, the government would charge him. They don't care if beneficiary works because if they are unemployed and need assistance, they're supposed to ask their sponsor for help, not the government.

K1 VISA: Done in 346 days

Spoiler

Jan 5, 2018: Preparation Started                                                                                   October 31, 2018: Medical Check Up                                                           

Jan 19, 2018: I-129F Packet Sent                                                                                  Nov 2, 2018: Consulate Received                                                                              

Jan 22, 2018: Electronic NOA1 Received                                                                     Nov 6, 2018: Packet 4 Received

Feb 1, 2018: Hard Copy NOA1 Received                                                                       Dec 6, 2018: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

Oct 2, 2018: NOA2 (254 DAYS after NOA1) ***No RFE                                             Dec 11, 2018: Visa Received

Oct 16, 2018: NVC Received                                                                                           Dec 17, 2018: POE (11 Months and 12 days since Starting K1)

October 30, 2018: NVC Left

AOS | SF Local Office: Done in 357 days

Spoiler

Dec 17, 2018: POE                                                                                                                March 5, 2019: Biometrics at ASC in SF

Dec 27, 2018: Apply for SSN                                                                                               March 5, 2019: I-485 and I-765 Status Changed to Fingerprint Review Was Complete 

Jan 11, 2019: Wedding                                                                                                        May 15, 2019: I-485 Status Changed to Case Is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview (New Site Only)

Jan 14, 2019: AOS Preparation Started (1 Year 9 Days Since Starting K1)                May 23, 2019: EAD/AP Approved (97 days since NOA1)

Jan 15, 2019: SSN Card Received                                                                                     December 6, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal sent

Jan 29, 2019: Marriage Certificate Picked Up                                                                 December 9, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal NOA1

Feb 5, 2019: AOS Package Sent                                                                                         December 23, 2019: I-485 Case is Scheduled for Interview (Old Site Only)

Feb 11, 2019: NOA1                                                                                                             January 27, 2020: Interview in San Jose Field Office (Approved)

Feb 19, 2019: NOA1 Received by Mail                                                                              February 3, 2020 : Green Card in Hand

Feb 22, 2019: Biometrics Notification Received by Mail

ROC | California Service Center: Done in 410 days

Nov 2, 2021: ROC Package Sent

Nov 5, 2021: Package delivered

Nov 8, 2021: Text received (WAC)

Nov 9, 2021: Check cashed

Nov 12, 2021: Hard copy of NOA1 received

April 20, 2022: Biometric is waived

Dec 9, 2022: Card is being produced (No interview)

Dec 13, 2022: Case was approved

Dec 16, 2022: GC on hand

📊 I-751 November 2021 Filers Google Sheet 📅

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vonQCJgs9HODO2Y1DdSs3HNyL_FRnMfenlIeDQAUpWg/edit#gid=806913795

Timeline
21 hours ago, Mike E said:

green-card-notice.png

I'm doing AOS from f1 as well. We have our interview tomorrow! Congrats!! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, iwir said:

My husband makes almost double what the minimum requirement is and we have superb health insurance, dental and vision and life insurance. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.