TBoneTX

March 2019 AOS Filers -- Part 2

636 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ability said:

so I do not need to repeat my medical exam

Correct; look at the "K or V Nonimmigrants Applying for Adjustment" section on the following page: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

3 hours ago, ability said:

The doctor signed my Form -693 on October 2018 in my country

The panel physician never filled out I-693. The panel physician filled out the following:

• DS-2053, Medical Examination for Immigrant or Refugee Applicant
  • DS-3025, Vaccination Documentation Worksheet
  • DS-3024, Chest X-Ray and Classification Worksheet
  • DS-3026, Medical History and Physical Examination Worksheet

The panel physician should have provided a copy of your DS-3025, Vaccination Documentation Worksheet.

SusannZ went to a Civil Surgeon in the US because she didn't enter the US with a K-1 visa; she entered with an F-1 student visa:

I'm assuming something similar with Shawn_Lock: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=341626

Edited by HRQX

5 hours ago, ability said:

The doctor signed my Form -693 on October 2018 in my country , on March 21 2019 we applied for AOS with a vaccine form , an interview at the end of the month , total from my medical exam to the interview one year and 4 months, so I do not need to repeat my medical exam , do I understand correctly?

I think No, you don’t have to do the medical again because you filed the Form with the package. 

1 hour ago, crono_clone said:

We just finished our green card interview in Houston this morning. Everything went well except that the NVC forgot to send my husband's confidential medical packet to the Houston field office. Happens every now and then, our officer said; and it's pretty true from some of the stories here on VJ. So our status has changed to "Interview Was Completed and My Case Must Be Reviewed".

Still, we breathed a sigh of relief that we passed the interview! Now we just need them to complete the packet so they can approve and produce the green card. The officer said it should be within 30 days. I just hope it's not truly missing and that they only forgot to send it. If it had been anything else, we would have had a copy because I saved everything, but the confidential medical packet is surrendered at the port of entry so we have no way of making copies of it. 

As for the interview itself, my husband was nervous but the officer only asked him the basics -- when did he enter the US; when did we get married; our current address; and the usual questions about terrorism, criminal acts, etc. As long as you've got the basics down, you should be fine!

Im sorry for you and your husband ..I’m also afraid of this. When I arrived to the airport, officer checked me in 30 seconds, asked me one question, took a photo, and threw my envelope somewhere , it seemed to me not professional , all this year I’m worried about my envelope😅

Edited by ability

Thanks everyone for help!

1 hour ago, Gigi2017 said:

I think No, you don’t have to do the medical again because you filed the Form with the package. 

4 hours ago, HRQX said:

Correct; look at the "K or V Nonimmigrants Applying for Adjustment" section on the following page: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

The panel physician never filled out I-693. The panel physician filled out the following:

• DS-2053, Medical Examination for Immigrant or Refugee Applicant
  • DS-3025, Vaccination Documentation Worksheet
  • DS-3024, Chest X-Ray and Classification Worksheet
  • DS-3026, Medical History and Physical Examination Worksheet

The panel physician should have provided a copy of your DS-3025, Vaccination Documentation Worksheet.

SusannZ went to a Civil Surgeon in the US because she didn't enter the US with a K-1 visa; she entered with an F-1 student visa:

I'm assuming something similar with Shawn_Lock: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=341626

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 1/7/2020 at 9:48 AM, ability said:

The doctor signed my Form -693 on October 2018 in my country , on March 21 2019 we applied for AOS with a vaccine form , an interview at the end of the month , total from my medical exam to the interview one year and 4 months, so I do not need to repeat my medical exam , do I understand correctly?

Correct. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! I will be finally having my interview next week. These are the things the I have prepared I would like to ask if am I missing anything? Thank you!

Interview letter

Vaccination Record

Copy of Submitted I-864 and attachments 

Updated I-864 and attachments

-I-797 K1 approval letters

-NVC letter

-Copy of K Visa

-SSN

-Biometrics letter

EAD/AP approval letter and combo card

- Passport

- I-94

Birth Certificate 

Birth Certificate and Certificate of Citizenship (petitioner)

Marriage Certificate

Bank Statements, Debit/Credit Card

Health Insurance Documents

Lease Agreement

Photos

Copy of Submitted I-485

Original and copy of each supporting document submitted with I-485

Your list seems fairly complete.

For our interview we also took our phone records, utility bills in both names, credit card statement for a card we have together, plain tickets from trips we took together and to visit each other while we were dating, and our wedding album.
This is all optional, but I think the more variety you have the better.

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, lisa&chris said:

Your list seems fairly complete.

For our interview we also took our phone records, utility bills in both names, credit card statement for a card we have together, plain tickets from trips we took together and to visit each other while we were dating, and our wedding album.
This is all optional, but I think the more variety you have the better.

Good luck!

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 1/7/2020 at 5:50 PM, lisa&chris said:

Just had our interview in Houston a couple of hours ago and we were approved on the spot! The status on the USCIS website has already changed to “new card is being produced”.

The officer was extremely friendly and didn’t ask us many questions. He just briefly scrolled through our wedding album and guestbook, and then asked us for some loose pictures that he could add to our folder. We didn’t even have to show him the copy of our new lease or any new evidence.

Now we just have to sit tight and wait for the card in the mail. And since we’ve been married for almost 3 years they just gave me the 10 year green card! I am so glad we were able to breeze through the interview and that we don’t have to go through this process again.

For those still waiting just hang tight! 

Congrats!!! We have our in 3 weeks and every time I think about I get so nervous! 

On 1/7/2020 at 3:16 PM, crono_clone said:

We just finished our green card interview in Houston this morning. Everything went well except that the NVC forgot to send my husband's confidential medical packet to the Houston field office. Happens every now and then, our officer said; and it's pretty true from some of the stories here on VJ. So our status has changed to "Interview Was Completed and My Case Must Be Reviewed".

Congrats!!! 🎉 Hope your status changes soon! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.