TBoneTX

March 2019 AOS Filers -- Part 2

636 posts in this topic

I just got home from the USCIS doctor. I’ve got the Tetanus and the Flu shot and he’ll find out if I only need the booster for the Rubeola or if I need 2 because he didn’t accept my shot record. He also look for the chicken pocks from my blood test because he said sometimes you don’t even know if you had it because sometimes it has no sings on the body. If I didn’t have chicken pock I’ll need 2

shots for that but with a 4 weeks time period. Also, if I need the chicken pocks shot he won’t give me the form until I get the second shot he’ll only give me a signed paper that I can show to the Uscis officer and I can send it to the officer as an RFE.

It doesn’t seems right for me... I’m sick and tired of this already...

Hello everyone! 

I wanted to ask our fellow march filers who have done the AOS interview already if you could share a checklist of documents you brought with you during the interview?

Thanks in advance!  

NOA1: OCT 16,2017
NOA2: APR 26,2018 
NVC CASE ASSIGNED: MAY 16,2018
NVC LEFT:MAY 20,2018
CONSULATE RECEIVED: MAY 22,2018
PACKET 3 RECEIVED : JUL 23,2018

VISA APPROVED: SEP 5,2018.

Hey!! I know it has been posted but I literally can’t deal with scrolling back and looking lol. So a previous VJ member has her green card interview scheduled for next month and I am still waiting for mine. As we will both be outside of the 12 months since we got our medicals in London does that mean we have to go through it again here and pay again? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

From the USCIS policy manual: 

PDqRep1.png

Notice it says "filed" not "approved" 
So my guess is you are NOT required to do medical, BUT USCIS officer have power to request it at any time if they suspect you might not be admissible due to it. 

2 minutes ago, Shiran said:

PDqRep1.png

So my guess is you are NOT required to do medical, BUT USCIS officer have power to request it at any time if they suspect you might not be admissible due to it. 

Ahhh ok so filed within one year. That helps a lot thanks! I was going to say it’s a bit unfair for those at crazy busy offices!! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 12/31/2019 at 2:34 PM, Nicola and Jordan said:

Ahhh ok so filed within one year. That helps a lot thanks! I was going to say it’s a bit unfair for those at crazy busy offices!! 

Also they changed the rule so now the medical are valid for 2 years! 

Timeline
On 12/30/2019 at 1:40 PM, Gigi2017 said:

I just got home from the USCIS doctor. I’ve got the Tetanus and the Flu shot and he’ll find out if I only need the booster for the Rubeola or if I need 2 because he didn’t accept my shot record. He also look for the chicken pocks from my blood test because he said sometimes you don’t even know if you had it because sometimes it has no sings on the body. If I didn’t have chicken pock I’ll need 2

shots for that but with a 4 weeks time period. Also, if I need the chicken pocks shot he won’t give me the form until I get the second shot he’ll only give me a signed paper that I can show to the Uscis officer and I can send it to the officer as an RFE.

It doesn’t seems right for me... I’m sick and tired of this already...

What kind of shot record did you have? I only have whatever my Dr in Sweden filled out for me when I was applying to college here in the US. Did you do blood test while you were there? Can I ask how much he was charging? The one I'm going to said that if he needs blood tests it could be up to 800 dollars! 😱

3 hours ago, SusannZ said:

What kind of shot record did you have? I only have whatever my Dr in Sweden filled out for me when I was applying to college here in the US. Did you do blood test while you were there? Can I ask how much he was charging? The one I'm going to said that if he needs blood tests it could be up to 800 dollars! 😱

My mom asked my shot record from my child dr in my home town. I translated it but the immigration dr didn’t accept it. He said I’ve got those shots when I was a child and I have to get the Rubeola, tetanus booster shots. Plus the flu. And now he is checking in my blood if I had chicken pocks. We paid $480 so far. If I need the 2 chicken pole shot, that will cost for us $200 extra  😖

Edited by Gigi2017

Timeline
14 hours ago, Gigi2017 said:

My mom asked my shot record from my child dr in my home town. I translated it but the immigration dr didn’t accept it. He said I’ve got those shots when I was a child and I have to get the Rubeola, tetanus booster shots. Plus the flu. And now he is checking in my blood if I had chicken pocks. We paid $480 so far. If I need the 2 chicken pole shot, that will cost for us $200 extra  😖

Okay, i have my vaccine records filled out on English papers so hopefully they'll accept it. Trying to get my regular doctor to do screening to check for antibodies and it's sooo complicated dealing with the doctors and the insurances! Either way I have proof that I was vaccinated so I'm not letting the civil surgeon do blood test for that. I'm getting my tetanus booster right now and I got my flu shot two days ago. 

On 12/23/2019 at 12:24 PM, Gigi2017 said:

Thank you so much! I was wondering why are you so silent. I thought you got your green card yet and living your life happy until the ROC. 
I hope you’ll get your interview soon!!! 
I don’t have the date yet, I guess it will come in the mail today or tomorrow.

Haha yeah I’ve just been trying to stay busy with work and friends and family.. again good luck with yours! Can’t wait to hear that you got approved!!

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

On 12/31/2019 at 2:31 PM, Shiran said:

PDqRep1.png

Hi. Need any advice. I done my medical examination in October 2018, so now it’s January 2020, and my interview in the end of the month.  Do I need to have a medical exam again before the interview?  or wait for the interview?  the reason I ask, I don’t want to wait again  forever if they tell me bring new medical examination 

Timeline
5 hours ago, ability said:

Hi. Need any advice. I done my medical examination in October 2018, so now it’s January 2020, and my interview in the end of the month.  Do I need to have a medical exam again before the interview?  or wait for the interview?  the reason I ask, I don’t want to wait again  forever if they tell me bring new medical examination 

No you don't need to repeat it! The medical exams are now valid for 2 years, a policy change that took effect November 2018.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

If Form I-693 was signed before November 1, 2018, the results will also be valid for two years except in the following cases:

• If the doctor signed Form I-693 more than 60 days before you submitted your green card applicationto USCIS — and you submitted Form I-693 within one year after the doctor signed it — then the results will be valid for only one year from the date you submitted  Form I-693. For example, let’s say the doctor signed Form I-693 on December 2, 2018, and you submitted your green card application on February 1, 2019 (61 days later). You hold on to Form I-693 and don’t submit it to USCIS until November 2, 2019 (11 months after the doctor signed it). In this case, your medical exam results will be valid until November 2, 2020 (one year after you submittedForm I-693).
  • If you submit Form I-693 to USCIS more than one year after the doctor signed it, the results will be invalid, and you will need to repeat the exam. For example, if the doctor signed Form I-693 on October 31, 2018, and you submit it to USCIS on November 1, 2019 (one year and one day later), USCIS will reject the results, and you will need to repeat the medical exam.

3 hours ago, Shawn_Lock said:

If Form I-693 was signed before November 1, 2018, the results will also be valid for two years except in the following cases:

• If the doctor signed Form I-693 more than 60 days before you submitted your green card applicationto USCIS — and you submitted Form I-693 within one year after the doctor signed it — then the results will be valid for only one year from the date you submitted  Form I-693. For example, let’s say the doctor signed Form I-693 on December 2, 2018, and you submitted your green card application on February 1, 2019 (61 days later). You hold on to Form I-693 and don’t submit it to USCIS until November 2, 2019 (11 months after the doctor signed it). In this case, your medical exam results will be valid until November 2, 2020 (one year after you submittedForm I-693).
  • If you submit Form I-693 to USCIS more than one year after the doctor signed it, the results will be invalid, and you will need to repeat the exam. For example, if the doctor signed Form I-693 on October 31, 2018, and you submit it to USCIS on November 1, 2019 (one year and one day later), USCIS will reject the results, and you will need to repeat the medical exam.

The doctor signed my Form -693 on October 2018 in my country , on March 21 2019 we applied for AOS with a vaccine form , an interview at the end of the month , total from my medical exam to the interview one year and 4 months, so I do not need to repeat my medical exam , do I understand correctly?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.