1,374 posts in this topic

I just wanted to share my interview experience here if that can in someway be helpful to others. I’m f2a category with priority date July 10, 2021 and DQ date December 2, 2022. Interview was on July 2, 2024 and I got the approval on spot. Passport received at home on July 4.

You are allowed to go inside the embassy 15 minutes prior to your interview time. No cellphones are allowed inside. You’ll be required to turn it off and put them in the locker. You’ll be directed to a window where they will ask for original police certificate, marriage certificate, birth certificate and passport photos. I was also asked for the copy of green card of my wife (sponsor). After about an hour wait, I was called to another window where the officer conducted the actual interview.

It was a very straightforward interview with basic questions:

Who is your sponsor?

how did your sponsor got the green card?

when did your sponsor enter US?

what’s the job title of your sponsor?

Have you ever had any problem with police?

Have you ever lived anywhere else besides Canada?

where did you go to school in US?

The officer was typing in between each question and towards the end said, “congratulations! Your application is approved” 

Before the interview I uploaded updated documents on the ceac portal. The documents included following:

updated police certificate

updated i864 and i864a (joint sponsor)

tax return and tax transcripts for year 2023

w2s and 1099 along with wage transcripts for year 2023

updated proof of domicile for each joint sponsor and sponsor

US birth certificates of my children 

I brought updated travel history (i94) as well as some family photos but was never asked for that. I did mention during the interview that more trips were made between the time ds260 was filled till recently.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their interviews!  

7 hours ago, Hammy23 said:

I just wanted to share my interview experience here if that can in someway be helpful to others. I’m f2a category with priority date July 10, 2021 and DQ date December 2, 2022. Interview was on July 2, 2024 and I got the approval on spot. Passport received at home on July 4.

You are allowed to go inside the embassy 15 minutes prior to your interview time. No cellphones are allowed inside. You’ll be required to turn it off and put them in the locker. You’ll be directed to a window where they will ask for original police certificate, marriage certificate, birth certificate and passport photos. I was also asked for the copy of green card of my wife (sponsor). After about an hour wait, I was called to another window where the officer conducted the actual interview.

Who is your sponsor?

The officer was typing in between each question and towards the end said, “congratulations! Your application is approved” 

Before the interview I uploaded updated documents on the ceac portal. The documents included following:

I brought updated travel history (i94) as well as some family photos but was never asked for that. I did mention during the interview that more trips were made between the time ds260 was filled till recently.

congratulations, did you wait in line or you get your interview in the same time that mentioned in your interview?
Also, did the officer mention when you would receive your visa?

32 minutes ago, S92am said:

congratulations, did you wait in line or you get your interview in the same time that mentioned in your interview?
Also, did the officer mention when you would receive your visa?

Thank you! I got my passport back today with the visa in it. 
My interview was at 8:45am. I was allowed to enter the building at 8:30am. I was at the first window where they requested all the documents I mentioned I my post at around 8:35am. Then I had to wait about an hour inside the waiting room to be called to another window by the officer. I was out by 10am. 

2 minutes ago, Hammy23 said:

Thank you! I got my passport back today with the visa in it. 
My interview was at 8:45am. I was allowed to enter the building at 8:30am. I was at the first window where they requested all the documents I mentioned I my post at around 8:35am. Then I had to wait about an hour inside the waiting room to be called to another window by the officer. I was out by 10am. 

The officer said it’ll take two weeks to get the passport back but it got delivered in two days. 

On 7/4/2024 at 11:00 AM, Hammy23 said:

Who is your sponsor?

Thank you . Your experience will help others

On 7/6/2024 at 10:38 PM, Ruby Brar said:

Thank you . Your experience will help others

Priority date- 29 sep 2021

Interview date- 11 July 2024

my interview time was 11:15. They got me in at 11 am. 
lady at the counter put sticker , gave me the token number and the other person told me to put all my stuff in security basket. 
after I took lift to go to 2 nd floor.

first a lady took all my original docs ( birth certificate, marriage certificate, PCC, tax paper, picture. 
then I waited for around 45 min. At the other window my number was called. The officer was so good. He was talking to me as he is my old friend. It wasn’t like a question answer interview we were just having a conversation. He said everything looks perfect and congratulated me. 
I hope my experience will help other person. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.