1,374 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Ruby Brar said:

Bank statements will be good ??

Only if they show the petitioner is in the US with transactions there. Just having a bank account there isn’t enough, lots of people have bank accounts in a country they don’t live in. But if they show transactions like i.e. grocery/gas purchases etc, then they’ll help alongside the other documents mentioned. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
6 hours ago, S92am said:

Do you know if tax returns, payroll documents, or W-2 forms need to be notarized?

No

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 6/15/2024 at 3:31 AM, appleblossom said:

Only if they show the petitioner is in the US with transactions there. Just having a bank account there isn’t enough, lots of people have bank accounts in a country they don’t live in. But if they show transactions like i.e. grocery/gas purchases etc, then they’ll help alongside the other documents mentioned. 

Okay

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Police Certificates

Available

Comments:  Available but unreliable.  Police records are not required for immigrant visa applicants because posts cannot verify them.  Clean record certificates can be obtained in Iran or from Iranian Embassies and Consulates, and the physical appearance of the certificate changes significantly depending on which authority issued it.

Court/Prison Records

Available

Comments: Available but unreliable. Court and prison documents are not required because posts cannot verify them. 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 hours ago, S92am said:

Does anyone know if I need a criminal record check from back home (Iran) for my F2A visa at the Montreal embassy, even though I haven't been there in 3 years?

I went to my back country last year so I have the updated one. You haven’t visited after that  so I do not think you will need any updated one. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello! I got my medical exam done in Toronto by Dr. Lyndon. I was never asked for a urine test (just blood test and chest x-ray). I was reading that other people had to do a urine test. I was wondering if the urine test is a mandatory part of the medical? I am in the F2A category if that matters at all. Thank you! 

5 hours ago, mark2700 said:

Hello! I got my medical exam done in Toronto by Dr. Lyndon. I was never asked for a urine test (just blood test and chest x-ray). I was reading that other people had to do a urine test. I was wondering if the urine test is a mandatory part of the medical? I am in the F2A category if that matters at all. Thank you! 

I also did a blood test and X-ray, not urine

9 hours ago, mark2700 said:

When is your Interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.