1,374 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, S92am said:

Do we need to do anything? Cause I already submitted the correct Canadian Police Certificate and I got approved and documentary qualified.

I also submitted and got documentary qualified. 
I’m not sure, but I went ahead and got a new one. The guy said that the police cert is valid from 6 months to a year.

2 hours ago, S92am said:

Do we need to do anything? Cause I already submitted the correct Canadian Police Certificate and I got approved and documentary qualified.

I’m not sure, but I went ahead and got a new one. The guy said that the police cert is valid from 6 months to a year.

2 hours ago, S92am said:

2 hours ago, S92am said:

2 hours ago, S92am said:

I’m not sure, but I went ahead and got a new one. The guy said that the police cert is valid from 6 months to a week year.

6 hours ago, S92am said:

I'm in the F2A category with a DQ date of December 5, 2022, and a priority date of July 7, 2021 (Embassy Montreal). Today, I received an email from NVC asking me to update my Canadian Police Certificate for my U.S. Visa application. Is this a positive sign? And typically, how long after this email will I receive an interview?

Hi ! I also got same and I have updated my Canadian criminal record with the recent one. Can you please let me know if you get any further update or IL? 

Posted (edited)

I did not upload a new criminal record check in the portal cause in the email mentioned that review your criminal record check, and if it did not satisfy the new requirement upload it based on the email which I pasted below.

"Dear Applicant:

This is not an interview notice. The National Visa Center (NVC) will notify you of the date and time of your appointment when it is scheduled.

A Canadian Police Certificate must be filed as part of your U.S. Immigrant Visa application.
Since the NVC completed processing the documents for your case, the requirements for that Certificate have changed.  

1. Please review the Canadian Police Certificate you uploaded to make sure it satisfies the new requirements.
   * Look to see If it includes your photo and fingerprints.
   * If it does, it is the wrong document, and you must file a new one to avoid delays. See instructions 2, 3 and 4 below to obtain the correct Certificate.

2. This is the correct police certificate you must have at your interview:
   Document Name:  Certified Criminal Record Check - Type of Criminal Record Check for Personal Use (*Formerly known as Privacy Act)
   Sub-type: Other (Provide Details)
   Details of Information sought: RCMP National Repository Entire Holdings

3. To get this document, you must submit your fingerprints to a local police service or RCMP-approved partner agency.
   * Information about how to request the correct version can be found here: https://rcmp-grc.gc.ca.  

4. Please upload the Certified Criminal Record Check into the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) portal.
   * Bring the original to your interview."

Edited by S92am

1 hour ago, Ruby Brar said:

Hi ! I also got same and I have updated my Canadian criminal record with the recent one. Can you please let me know if you get any further update or IL? 

Did you upload the new criminal record check in the portal, or did you just get this new one to bring with you to the interview?

Sure, I will let you know if I get any further updates or IL. Please keep me updated as well

4 hours ago, DeCar0 said:

I got a new criminal record check 2 months ago but I did not upload the new criminal record check in the portal when I received this email because the email mentioned that review your criminal record check, and if it did not satisfy the new requirement upload it. So I just plan to bring the new criminal record check to the interview myself. Do I understand the email correctly?

8 hours ago, S92am said:

I got a new criminal record check 2 months ago but I did not upload the new criminal record check in the portal when I received this email because the email mentioned that review your criminal record check, and if it did not satisfy the new requirement upload it. So I just plan to bring the new criminal record check to the interview myself. Do I understand the email correctly?

I uploaded it just in case they need to review before scheduling an interview. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Ruby Brar said:

I uploaded it just in case they need to review before scheduling an interview. 

I didn't upload it because I was worried that it might need to go through the qualification process again, So it might causing delay. I am not sure

Edited by S92am

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Ruby Brar said:

What’s your visa category, Priority date and DQ date?

where did you upload the new police certificate? Is it on the portion of OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS for XXXXXNAMEXXX?

Edited by DeCar0

1 hour ago, DeCar0 said:

What’s your visa category, Priority date and DQ date?

where did you upload the new police certificate? Is it on the portion of OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS for XXXXXNAMEXXX?

My visa category is F2q. Priority date is 29 sep 2021 and dq date is oct 13 2022. 
yea I uploaded it in optional documents as updated CRC ( canada) 

Just now, Ruby Brar said:

My visa category is F21. Priority date is 29 sep 2021 and dq date is oct 13 2022. 
yea I uploaded it in optional documents as updated CRC ( canada) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.