1,374 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

What is your country of citizenship?

image.png

Egypt. So my PD is current according to the second table but not the FAD table and that's why I'm DQed awaiting an interview (as pointed out earlier in the thread). I did some more research and there's a very thorough analysis here  https://www.immigrationplanner.com/visa-bulletin/all-countries/f2b-predictions/ if anyone else is interested in what's going on with F2B final action dates. It looks like by current predictions that my priority date of Nov 5 will be current by April 2023, so still quite a few months to go 😐 

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi

I am going interview Nov 23rd. This year I was travelling Bangladesh, home country over three and half month. According to guideline provided can anyone clarify do I need pcc from Bangladesh? It seems I don't need to provide pcc either i wasn't over 6 or 12 months out of Canada or lived other country. Please correct me as I don't have plenty of time incase I need pcc.

Pcc.pdf .png

Hi All,

I recently got DQ'd on Oct 5th and I was checking the expected Interview date and found some conflicting information.

As per Montreal Consulate website, they are sending invites for applications DQ'd on July 2022.

image.thumb.png.042ec8bf58c0449e032f3fe9081912fb.png

and from the excel sheet for F2A it appears that people are receiving ILs for applications DQ'd on Feb 2022. Does anyone know why is that? or I am missing something.

Does F2A category count as "Immediate Relative and fiancé(e)"?

@dhruvroom F is not immediate family members. They are so called "Tier 2" priority for DOS. Also take the info from US consulate with a grain of salt and pepper. You will get better information from the spreadsheet maintained by us. 

Edited by Blueeyes1989

2 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@dhruvroom F is not immidiate family members. They are so called "Tier 2" priority for DOS. Also take the info from US consulate with a grain of salt and pepper. You will get better information from the spreadsheet maintained by us. 

Thanks for the clarification! 

By tracking the spreadsheet from last couple months, it seems like the wait time for ILs are decreasing exponentially. I hope the trend continue :)    

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@joydhaka As soon as you step foot in your home country, your previous PCC expires. Hence you will need a new PCC. Apply soon at Bangladesh consulate. Not sure what is the processing time is right now, but for India PCC it was 10 weeks.

Thank you Blueeyes1989.   It's great to see some people like you are always here to help other. 

On 9/23/2022 at 7:06 PM, Trushal Patel said:

Hello All,

My interview was at 9:45AM, I would say reach at the Building no more than 5 minutes. You will find line up in front of building outside. Even reaching exactly on time will work too.

No bags or belongings allowed except of wallet and phone along your file folder or papers, they will provide small locker to put the phone in.

At the security check u will be given 2 tokens with same number. After security screening you will be asked to take elevator and go to floor 1 which is the consulate office.

Here there will be screen that will display your number. windows 6-10 are for the documents verification and fingerprints.
I had my all documents uploaded on the account after i got the interview letter.
Spouse updated I-864, Recent W2+Tax Return since her recent transcript is not generated yet, job offer letter.
My Updated PCC for home and foreign country, my status change document.

Since i had updated all of my documents before attending the interview, officer at the first window Appreciated since it saved her lot of time. She just asked me for my passport, original Birth Certi, marriage Certi and Original PCCs. She took one passport size photo scanned it and returned it back to me.

She put my passport, Birth Certi marriage certi and PCCs in one file, took my fingerprints and asked me basic questions like my marriage date, if my current address is still the same, spouse address, and informed me that my medical expires on … date so i have to enter States before that date. She asked me this to put it on the paper that she put along with my documents file.

She told me that in short time i will get my number on screen for interview. That interview would be on windows 1-5.

I got my number in about 20-25 mins.
Officer asked me petitioner name and relation.
He asked me where we met and when.
Than he asked me where my spouse lives currently in US. And he just said he approves the visa and told me that they will get the sticker on passport in a day or two and ship it out to me.
Officer was nice and returned me the originals except of passport.

In total very nice experience, no hassle, just upload everything ahead of time before going to interview and it was less than an hour in total for me from security check till the completion of interview. In 50 minutes approximately i was out of the building.

Thank you

@Trushal Patel  Recent W2+Tax Return means i need upload w2 and tax return from 2021 right  or last 3 years please let me know thank you 

Hello, 

We finally received our interview for November (DQ 10 Sep 2021, Priority Date 15 April 2021) in Montreal. What are the documents that we need to bring to the interview? What questions do they usually ask? Do they let me (petitioner) in for the interview too?  Any other thoughts, suggestions, or experiences? Thanks

Hello, 

I have a few questions for our interview in Montreal

1. It asks to bring the "Interview Appointment Letter" to the embassy. I have not received any documents in the mail. Does the print of the interview email suffice? 

2. Do we need a DS-260? I registered for the courier service, and it shows as Ready when checking DS-260 status. 

3. Does the embassy let the petitioner inside for the interview? 

4. Any other suggestions? 

Thanks,

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey All, My spouse's interview is on 27th October,  My question is i want to change the joint sponsor now, when i filed the case in 2019 it was a different joint sponsor now i want to change it, please let me know how i can do that or it will be a problem or not?

On 10/18/2022 at 12:55 PM, Blueeyes1989 said:

@daivalab13 How was your interview?

We had some issues with past. they are asking for more documents. im not sure how much time it will take them. but one thing-done go there earlier than your appointment, only 5 min before. even if there is a line, the guard goes outside and takes you in only when is your appointment . our line was long, consulate was running late, because they took in 9 am app people only at 10.15

On 10/17/2022 at 9:53 PM, Mak1234 said:

Hello, 

I have a few questions for our interview in Montreal

1. It asks to bring the "Interview Appointment Letter" to the embassy. I have not received any documents in the mail. Does the print of the interview email suffice? 

2. Do we need a DS-260? I registered for the courier service, and it shows as Ready when checking DS-260 status. 

3. Does the embassy let the petitioner inside for the interview? 

4. Any other suggestions? 

Thanks,

Hi Mark, you mentioned in ur point no2 you registered for courier service and it mentions ready when checking ds260 status, where were you checking for this info? 

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.