Transcom123

Income

32 posts in this topic

Note that the poverty guidelines are just a minimum. The CO makes a public charge decision based upon the totality of the circumstances.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 hours ago, Transcom123 said:

We almost know all of it , we will get through Rapidvisa thanks alot bro

Bad idea

they tend to mess up a lot of the paperwork

Rapid visa doesn't really mean rapid

July 6 K1 approved

June only 5

and counting on  a short time together is usually not the best either

need facetime for Tunisia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, Transcom123 said:

We almost know all of it , we will get through Rapidvisa thanks alot bro

@Transcom123 We’ve went through rapid visa as well.  I would use them only to check your documents. 

I have used this site the majority of the time and rapid is all but a DIY that check your forms for signatures and puts together your packet. 

Please don’t rely just on them. I had premium service and the site is also not embassy specific either. 

What you can get on this forum is priceless and definitely far more informative IMO. 

I will do our AOS ourselves after I discovered this site.  

I would definitely recommend the help here more than anywhere else plus it saves you the 400 dollars you’ll give to rapid to check your work.  

Good luck on your journey. 🎉👌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
9 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

and counting on  a short time together is usually not the best either

need facetime for Tunisia

We spent a whole month in Tunisia together already 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

Transcom123 We’ve went through rapid visa as well.  I would use them only to check your documents. 

I have used this site the majority of the time and rapid is all but a DIY that check your forms for signatures and puts together your packet. 

Please don’t rely just on them. I had premium service and the site is also not embassy specific either. 

What you can get on this forum is priceless and definitely far more informative IMO. 

I will do our AOS ourselves after I discovered this site.  

I would definitely recommend the help here more than anywhere else plus it saves you the 400 dollars you’ll give to rapid to check your work.  

Good luck on your journey. 🎉👌

Thanks alot , well then we will do our thing by ourselves , would be better if you say si ?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Transcom123 said:

Thanks alot , well then we will do our thing by ourselves , would be better if you say si ?

That’s entirely your call but I did pay for the service and they checked my documents. 
So they did check them and put them in a neat packet. 
However, I did not use them after finding this site. 
I looked into their AOS services and just couldn’t see spending 400 dollars for something I could have my family look over. 
I would say to save your money. 
The information on VJ is much better and accurate plus people that have attended your embassy are always here to help. 
They will always give you the right answer and not what you necessarily want to hear. 
The advice on this forum is solid. 
Maybe just have someone look over the forms for accuracy after you two finish. 
Rapid did not help us much but that’s entirely up to the two of you. 
But please don’t use them as your source of information as it is extremely “cookie cutter” and “one size fits all”.

Hope that helps and my honest opinion 

-Sarah and Ryan. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

That’s entirely your call but I did pay for the service and they checked my documents. 
So they did check them and put them in a neat packet. 
However, I did not use them after finding this site. 
I looked into their AOS services and just couldn’t see spending 400 dollars for something I could have my family look over. 
I would say to save your money. 
The information on VJ is much better and accurate plus people that have attended your embassy are always here to help. 
They will always give you the right answer and not what you necessarily want to hear. 
The advice on this forum is solid. 
Maybe just have someone look over the forms for accuracy after you two finish. 
Rapid did not help us much but that’s entirely up to the two of you. 
But please don’t use them as your source of information as it is extremely “cookie cutter” and “one size fits all”.

Hope that helps and my honest opinion 

-Sarah and Ryan. 

You awesome really , can i ask you ? i was married to another European women from 2011 to 2014 and we are officially divorced since 5 years ago , does this can get me a red flag ?

For applying K1 i will see an immigration lawyer to check our docs

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

You awesome really , can i ask you ? i was married to another European women from 2011 to 2014 and we are officially divorced since 5 years ago , does this can get me a red flag ?

For applying K1 i will see an immigration lawyer to check our docs

I’m really just as new as you. There are moderators on here with years of knowledge. Definitely let one of them answer this for you and their thoughts on attorneys. 
Once you and your fiancé start to interact on here then you’ll quickly find out the ones best to answer these questions. 
they have years of experience. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

I’m really just as new as you. There are moderators on here with years of knowledge. Definitely let one of them answer this for you and their thoughts on attorneys. 
Once you and your fiancé start to interact on here then you’ll quickly find out the ones best to answer these questions. 
they have years of experience. 

got you ,  thanks

6 hours ago, Transcom123 said:

There may or may not be questions on it, but it doesn't jump out to me as a red flag.

6 hours ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

@geowrian is one of them that can give you a solid answer to this. 

I'm an organizer, not a moderator. 😆 I can move threads but that's it.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.