Jenni1028

Documents Required to prove dissolution of marriage Philippines

4 posts in this topic

My fiancée is a Filipino male and was granted a dissolution of marriage through indigenous tribal law. The paperwork was submitted to the government.  The US embassy sent me the following request for more information (See below). What I want to know is what documents will satisfy their requirements?  I have my fiancée getting a CENOMAR from the PSA and asking about a certificate of dissolution from the office of Foreign Affairs but am not completely sure if these will satisfy the request for additional information. Here is the letter the US immigration sent me :

You submitted a certificate of dissolution of marriage from the office of the municipal tribal Chieftain and an annotated certificate of marriage for Authentication from the office of the municipal civil  registrar, however, more information is requested. Please submit the current customary divorce laws, practices and specific procedures of indigenous peoples under administration order three, series 2004 , Which permitted the divorce. Please provide evidence that you complied to the requirements of the law. This may be Established by providing copies of court decisions, legal treaties, legal commentaries, depositions of legal scholars and advisory opinions from organizations traditionally recognized by the government as possessing knowledge of customary law.

Thank you for any assistance. 

Jennifer

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Jenni1028 said:

My fiancée is a Filipino male and was granted a dissolution of marriage through indigenous tribal law. The paperwork was submitted to the government.  The US embassy sent me the following request for more information (See below). What I want to know is what documents will satisfy their requirements?  I have my fiancée getting a CENOMAR from the PSA and asking about a certificate of dissolution from the office of Foreign Affairs but am not completely sure if these will satisfy the request for additional information. Here is the letter the US immigration sent me :

You submitted a certificate of dissolution of marriage from the office of the municipal tribal Chieftain and an annotated certificate of marriage for Authentication from the office of the municipal civil  registrar, however, more information is requested. Please submit the current customary divorce laws, practices and specific procedures of indigenous peoples under administration order three, series 2004 , Which permitted the divorce. Please provide evidence that you complied to the requirements of the law. This may be Established by providing copies of court decisions, legal treaties, legal commentaries, depositions of legal scholars and advisory opinions from organizations traditionally recognized by the government as possessing knowledge of customary law.

Thank you for any assistance. 

Jennifer

The embassy is very clear on what they are looking for, even gave you a variety of suggestions.   You may want to consult an attorney to assist with all those requirements.  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thank you. If my next submission requires more evidence, I will consult a lawyer. I am going to buy a copy of the law they are requesting and do have some legal commentaries from both a lawyer and a judge. The requests weren’t crystal clear to me but hopefully my next submission will satisfy the embassy. My fiancée is the first person in his tribe’s history to request a dissolution of marriage. The PSA has annotated the validity of tribal law but since there is no category for indigenous dissolution of marriage yet, it is not noted on a CENOMAR. However the PSA has the annotated dissolution official on his marriage certificate , he is no longer legally married. This is a bit of a challenge but hopefully it will work out. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Jenni1028 said:

Thank you. If my next submission requires more evidence, I will consult a lawyer. I am going to buy a copy of the law they are requesting and do have some legal commentaries from both a lawyer and a judge. The requests weren’t crystal clear to me but hopefully my next submission will satisfy the embassy. My fiancée is the first person in his tribe’s history to request a dissolution of marriage. The PSA has annotated the validity of tribal law but since there is no category for indigenous dissolution of marriage yet, it is not noted on a CENOMAR. However the PSA has the annotated dissolution official on his marriage certificate , he is no longer legally married. This is a bit of a challenge but hopefully it will work out. 

You are the 1ST!!!  Making history  .. new to the embassy then as well .. hope all goes smoothly now.

Do keep us posted  .. we are learning from you.    Salamat ~

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.