dle3452

Spouse anulment lawyer

9 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, dle3452 said:

Is the petitioning spouse required to pay for the spouses lawyer if he can't afford one? If she pays for his lawyer will it speed the anulment process up? Any advice or past experiences are appreciated.

I will be completely honest with you here is that if the beneficiary can not pay for a lawyer then you will have to pay it. You will need a lawyer in the Philippines to get an annulment processed and completed, there is no way that I know of to do it without one. Also it will not speed up the process at all unfortunately. 

99% of the time the US citizen pays for the annulment.  The amount is very expensive for the Philippines and not many Filipinos can afford that on their own.  You will need a lawyer and a lot of patience.  This is not a quick process no matter how much you pay.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

11 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

99% of the time the US citizen pays for the annulment.  The amount is very expensive for the Philippines and not many Filipinos can afford that on their own.  You will need a lawyer and a lot of patience.  This is not a quick process no matter how much you pay.  

What if the petitioner is from Japan? 

ChickBoy

10 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

He is a US citizen and he would most likely have to pay the costs unless the filipino beneficiary has 250,000 to 400,000 pesos sitting around.  Most don't.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

Duffy reincarnate?

YMMV

23 hours ago, dle3452 said:

Is the petitioning spouse required to pay for the spouses lawyer if he can't afford one? If she pays for his lawyer will it speed the anulment process up? Any advice or past experiences are appreciated.

As what has already been said the petitioner / USC whoever will have to pay for the lawyer (if you want to marry that person), it is NOT cheap or is it fast be prepared to wait 2 years plus. It is a long and painful process. I've been there and done that!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

I don't want to sound insensitive but when I was looking for someone I would just pass on those who were "separated" in the Philippines. You are setting yourself up for a world of problems.  I also took the same approach to women with children still at home but that was more of a personal lifestyle choice as my children are all adults.

Like others have said obtaining an annulment in the Philippines is a lengthy and relatively expensive process. You can do a search on Youtube. There are some good videos from people that have been through the process....

Good Luck...

Finally done...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.