PupperPup

Administrative Processing

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. Sorry it's  me again.

Does this mean 221g? I had my interview last week and today the online status changed to AP.

I searched on google and even facebook and most people deal with AP when they were given* a 221g during the interview.

The consul told me she was gonna submit my case for approval and didn't  really ask for anything (only gave me pamphlets). So i thought was approved..maybe?

I'm worried that i might be lacking some docs? They never asked for the BPI receipt, no chat logs asked, no pics, no evidence of relationship whatsoever. What could be the reason for the AP? 

previous posta on VJ people suggested its normal but then again I can't help worrying because it could be some missing docs. :(

Edited by PupperPup

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not just a 221g process.  Administrative Processing (AP) is a normal part of the visa processing after the interview.   AP for some is only a couple hours, for others it can weeks or even months.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Not just a 221g process.  Administrative Processing (AP) is a normal part of the visa processing after the interview.   AP for some is only a couple hours, for others it can weeks or even months.

I see. Thank u!

16 minutes ago, PupperPup said:

What could be the reason for the AP? 

AP is a catch- all phase that they use for anything and everything they have to do to issue your visa. So if the CO told you it was approved, it doesn't mean he hit "print" on his computer and the visa is printed out. The CO, after reviewing your case and gives the OK, then gives it to his supervior, who also reviews and ok it, then it'll probably go to the section chief to receive his blessing, and who knows however levels of approvals it has to go to (that's how US government bureaucracy works, by the way, I work for the government too and just to take my team out for lunch, 5 people have to sign off, so) before it's off to the "visa printing department". Then they have to print your visa, using the super secret ink on a super secret paper of course. Then they do quality control on the visa to make sure it works when you enter the US at the CBP. Anyway, the point is, all of that, is called "Administrative Processing" 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

AP is a catch- all phase that they use for anything and everything they have to do to issue your visa. So if the CO told you it was approved, it doesn't mean he hit "print" on his computer and the visa is printed out. The CO, after reviewing your case and gives the OK, then gives it to his supervior, who also reviews and ok it, then it'll probably go to the section chief to receive his blessing, and who knows however levels of approvals it has to go to (that's how US government bureaucracy works, by the way, I work for the government too and just to take my team out for lunch, 5 people have to sign off, so) before it's off to the "visa printing department". Then they have to print your visa, using the super secret ink on a super secret paper of course. Then they do quality control on the visa to make sure it works when you enter the US at the CBP. Anyway, the point is, all of that, is called "Administrative Processing" 

I see!! Thanks for the great explanation :)

Timeline
3 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

Yes that is about it for sure!  :lol:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
13 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Yes that is about it for sure!  :lol:  

Hi so this is what's written on the AP status page:

Your case is under administrative processing. Please see the letter you received at your interview for more information. If you are required to submit additional documents, please submit them to the U.S. Embassy via any branch of 2GO courier service (Attn: Immigrant Visa Unit) together with a copy of the letter.

some body pointed out that it's different from other people who got no 221g. Mine is similar to hers and she got a 221g letter during the interview. I got no 221g letter.

is this 221g?

i can't  seem to talk using their hotlines

Timeline
2 hours ago, PupperPup said:

Hi so this is what's written on the AP status page:

Your case is under administrative processing. Please see the letter you received at your interview for more information. If you are required to submit additional documents, please submit them to the U.S. Embassy via any branch of 2GO courier service (Attn: Immigrant Visa Unit) together with a copy of the letter.

some body pointed out that it's different from other people who got no 221g. Mine is similar to hers and she got a 221g letter during the interview. I got no 221g letter.

is this 221g?

i can't  seem to talk using their hotlines

Boilerplate language.   If you didn't receive a letter or email from the embassy then you didn't get a 221g.   You could check your spam folder to make sure there isn't an email from the embassy there.

Everyone has AP 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Boilerplate language.   If you didn't receive a letter or email from the embassy then you didn't get a 221g.   You could check your spam folder to make sure there isn't an email from the embassy there.

Everyone has AP 

Thanks! We actually called and they told us they're just gonna email us if anything...and good idea to check spam hmm 

OP are you still on AP?

Jun 10, 2019 First Interview at US Embassy Manila, 07:40 AM resulted to refusal pending:

1. I-601 Waiver for Inadmissibility
2. 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 19, 2019 Sent 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 20, 2019 Courier delivery of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jun 21, 2019 Sent I-601 Waiver package to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
Jun 23, 2019 Courier confirmed delivery of I-601 Waiver
Jun 24, 2019 USCIS receipt of I-601 Waiver
Jun 25, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jul 3, 2019 Filed for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Jul 15, 2019 USCIS denied request for expedite of I-601 Waiver
Jul 25, 2019 Filed for NEW request for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Aug 9, 2019 USCIS approval of I-601 Waiver of Inadmissibility
Aug 9, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of notification from USCIS of Approved I-601 Waiver
Aug 14, 2019 CEAC status is Administrative Processing
Aug 19, 31, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 3, 4, 6, 11, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 12, 2019 Reached out to Cong. Napolitano
Sep 13, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 14, 2019 Received letter dated Sep 10. Your visa application is refused for Administrative Processing. You will be informed when processing is complete.
Sep 16, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 17, 2019 Cong. Napolitano forwarded response by Embassy dated Sep 16, XXXXX case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa.

Sep 17 & 30, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 7 & 8, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 11,17, 22, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 29, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

3 minutes ago, PupperPup said:

Yeah. I checked today and it's still under AP but it changed to Non-immigrant (from immigrant  and no status) dated 24th of september

They say when it changed to non-immigrant visa is almost going to be issued. :) 

Jun 10, 2019 First Interview at US Embassy Manila, 07:40 AM resulted to refusal pending:

Jun 20, 2019 Courier delivery of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jun 25, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jul 25, 2019 Filed for NEW request for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Aug 9, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of notification from USCIS of Approved I-601 Waiver
Sep 3, 4, 6, 11, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 14, 2019 Received letter dated Sep 10. Your visa application is refused for Administrative Processing. You will be informed when processing is complete.
Sep 17, 2019 Cong. Napolitano forwarded response by Embassy dated Sep 16, XXXXX case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa.

Timeline
2 hours ago, PupperPup said:

Yeah. I checked today and it's still under AP but it changed to Non-immigrant (from immigrant  and no status) dated 24th of september

That is good news ... you are on the home stretch!

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 1:36 PM, PupperPup said:

That is definitely a relief! Hopefully we get ours soon without any prob so we can book our tickets 

Well, did you get you visa? Any update? :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.