MB and MG

K1 visa interview dates available

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
40 minutes ago, MB and MG said:

Thank you so so much @Hank and @geowrian for your help.

Could I ask some more questions? 😊

Does he need to send his divorce letter and court papers (he has dwis long time ago but we sent it with the petition already).  Has it even gappened in the past where it was included in the petition but the CO still asks for the documents.

Also, i wanted him to come with  me during the interview but he cannot. We only have seen one time. Would we have a chance on the interview?  Thanks..

Yes, a copy of the divorce decree is requested by the embassy.    

There are links to the embassy website and checklist within the link I gave you earlier.  The complete process is covered.

Here is the checklist, complete all 5 steps.  STEP 5 is the documents checklist.   

Document Checklist is STEP 5 in the below link:
https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Most only meet one time in person during this process .. no issues during the interview as long as you have a genuine relationship.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Yes, a copy of the divorce decree is requested by the embassy.    

There are links to the embassy website and checklist within the link I gave you earlier.  The complete process is covered.

Here is the checklist, complete all 5 steps.  STEP 5 is the documents checklist.   

Document Checklist is STEP 5 in the below link:
https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Most only meet one time in person during this process .. no issues during the interview as long as you have a genuine relationship.

Thank you again.. I will read it carefully.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, MarryMe987654 said:

Personally, I rather overload my binder with copies of documents that was already sent along with any updates and other evidences than not have them during the interview. Like what they say, "better have it and not need it than need it and not have it"...

I hate having to waste all those papers but I'm a nervous nelly and an overthinker :D

As long as you have everything listed in the embassy's 5 steps and a genuine relationship the visa interview is not difficult.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

41 minutes ago, MB and MG said:

Thank you.. We have a bonadife relationship. Its just that its hard for him to come back again before the interview. 😊

Yeah, I understand the comfort of having him during the interview. That was a hard request that I made to my then-fiance but unfortunately, he wasn't able to come with me. You'll be fine :) Just do your best and be as prepared as you can be :)

Goodluck!

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

May 3, 2024: Ordered marriage certificate and death certificate from PSA online

May 9, 2024: Received email from PSA that marriage cert is blurred/eligible--will need 15 more days for reverification

May 22, 2024: Marriage Cert received from PSA (death cert was delivered 2 weeks earlier)

May 23, 2024: Uploaded new files to the CEAC website

May 29, 2024: Documentary Qualified

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Petitioner divorce decree is not required by the embassy,  CFO could be different.   It's ok to have it any way 

YMMV

Timeline

Yup .. that is correct.  ^^     Only beneficiary info is needed.   My :oops:        Only financial support evidence is needed from the petitioner

CFO-GCP will want to see a copy of your fiance divorce decree

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Yup .. that is correct.  ^^     Only beneficiary info is needed.   My :oops:        Only financial support evidence is needed from the petitioner

CFO-GCP will want to see a copy of your fiance divorce decree

4 hours ago, payxibka said:

Petitioner divorce decree is not required by the embassy,  CFO could be different.   It's ok to have it any way 

Its okay. I understand, alot of scenarios have been asked to you guys and its confusing sometimes.. Thank you very much. I dont know anything at the start but right now I learned alot. Thanks for your help on my journey.. 

Fiance did his interview last week in Manila. I sent him the I-134 and all the supporting info (taxes/w2s). Given my position and job title I didn't actually expect them to ask for and review my financials, but they did--so I'm glad I sent that to him so he'd be prepared. He said that he noticed several applicants given a 221 due to financials. Just something to be aware of. Good luck!

Also, as hank said, as long as you follow the embassy steps, you'll be good to go. Just be sure to have your documents ready should they ask for them.

Edited by Jake&Dann

Timeline

in my experience i didnt bring any documents that my husband sent in petition(pictures and i129f) he taught me to tell the IO that i dont have those because he already sent them all with the petition(just incase they ask but they never did).and because i always want to be 100% prepared for the interview i made him sent me some documents like his divorce decree,bc etc. except the copy of I129f though because i/we believe that if they dont have those forms they wouldn't update me 😂we we're always confident and way to positive with the process thats all😆

so i suggest follow embassies every steps and print and bring anything you believe that will help your case to get approve.

the cfo is a different thing get ready your fiance birth certificate and divorce decree on the time of your interview and make sure that you know your fiance's family,how he got divorce etc. 

Good luck!

Timeline
On 9/15/2019 at 8:00 AM, Hank_ said:

Sending the financial support evidence with the I-129F is a waste of paper and time.   He will need to send a signed I-134, most recent tax return/transcript  (not 3 years) & W-2 for the visa interview.   << all of those can be emailed as attachments.     If not a new employee pay stubs and employer letter are not needed.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hi,

My fiancè sent me the I-134 but did not include my name in the beneficiary. He just asked me to fill out my information. Can i do that? 

Also, the tax return he send is just one page without signature.  Is that how US tax return should look like? 

Please help. Thanks.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, MB and MG said:

Hi,

My fiancè sent me the I-134 but did not include my name in the beneficiary. He just asked me to fill out my information. Can i do that? 

Also, the tax return he send is just one page without signature.  Is that how US tax return should look like? 

Please help. Thanks.

Tax return or tax transcript?

YMMV

Timeline
8 hours ago, MB and MG said:

Hi,

Please help. Thanks.

I don't see it being an issue if you complete your info on the I-134 as long as he has signed it.

As for tax return, if he filed his tax return electronically then printed out a copy it would not have a signature on it.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
10 hours ago, Hank_ said:

I don't see it being an issue if you complete your info on the I-134 as long as he has signed it.

As for tax return, if he filed his tax return electronically then printed out a copy it would not have a signature on it.

Thanks.. I will write down my information on the beneficiary portion, correct?.He has no other dependents.

Also, this is the current tax form he sent.

Form w2 wage and tax statement 2018.  A very small slip of paper. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MB and MG said:

Thanks.. I will write down my information on the beneficiary portion, correct?.He has no other dependents.

Also, this is the current tax form he sent.

Form w2 wage and tax statement 2018.  A very small slip of paper. 

Correct.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.