bengal17

Cemomar (split)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unrelated to the question above. I'm a natural-born US citizen. However, I acquired dual citizenship in the Philippines last year. I Also stayed there for a year. Would I need cenomar?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, bengal17 said:

Unrelated to the question above. I'm a natural-born US citizen. However, I acquired dual citizenship in the Philippines last year. I Also stayed there for a year. Would I need cenomar?

Ah one of your parents is Filipino.  Cool.

The requirement states if born in the Philippines ...  being you are a citizen of the Philippines and you stay in the country for a year more  it is possible you will need the CENOMAR.   Embassy may not catch this, but no harm in being prepared

CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE (if applicable). Applicants who are single and have never been married (18 years and older) are required to obtain a CENOMAR from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). The request for a CENOMAR is a standard measure adopted in Manila to ensure that a visa applicant does not have any concealed, unterminated prior marriage to anyone, which would eliminate his / her claim to the single status of the visa category sought. To request a CENOMAR be directly submitted to the US Embassy (recommended), you may do so here: https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/Terms.aspx

A CENOMAR is also required for a petitioner who was born in the Philippines and lived in the country for at least one (1) year upon reaching the age of 18.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Ah one of your parents is Filipino.  Cool.

The requirement states if born in the Philippines ...  being you are a citizen of the Philippines and you stay in the country for a year more  it is possible you will need the CENOMAR.   Embassy may not catch this, but no harm in being prepared

CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE (if applicable). Applicants who are single and have never been married (18 years and older) are required to obtain a CENOMAR from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). The request for a CENOMAR is a standard measure adopted in Manila to ensure that a visa applicant does not have any concealed, unterminated prior marriage to anyone, which would eliminate his / her claim to the single status of the visa category sought. To request a CENOMAR be directly submitted to the US Embassy (recommended), you may do so here: https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/Terms.aspx

A CENOMAR is also required for a petitioner who was born in the Philippines and lived in the country for at least one (1) year upon reaching the age of 18.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Both parents were Filipino. Mother got naturalized in the 90s. I will request a Cenomar just to be safe. Thanks!

Timeline
1 minute ago, bengal17 said:

Both parents were Filipino. Mother got naturalized in the 90s. I will request a Cenomar just to be safe. Thanks!

:)  :thumbs:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I stayed in the Philippines from Nov 2017 to Nov 2018. If I left the Philippines for a week to go to another country for a week from Nov 17 to Nov 18,  would that still be considered one year?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post and related replies split to its own thread. Please do not post questions for your own case in other members thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
2 hours ago, bengal17 said:

I stayed in the Philippines from Nov 2017 to Nov 2018. If I left the Philippines for a week to go to another country for a week from Nov 17 to Nov 18,  would that still be considered one year?

I wouldn't count it as a year if you left before that year was completed, then returned later .. starting the count once more.

I know if my BB stamp is nearing the 1 year I need only leave for a day with my wife and the clock starts over again ... I look at your situation the same.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im not sure but, you dealing with the US government's definition not the Philippines government.  For immigration purposes,  police certificate requirements are total time of all stays added together,  not based on an individual stay.  It is likely the same definition could be applied here as this is a USA immigration requirement 

YMMV

Timeline

Not talking NBI, and not talking about the beneficiary.

This a USC by birth (who acquired dual citizenship) in regards to a CENOMAR ...  embassy requirement is based upon being born in the Philippines

And yes it is entirely possible the embassy would count total time, not continuous  .. 

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Not talking NBI, and not talking about the beneficiary.

This a USC by birth (who acquired dual citizenship) in regards to a CENOMAR ...  embassy requirement is based upon being born in the Philippines

And yes it is entirely possible the embassy would count total time, not continuous  .. 

We are talking definition.  NBI was the analogy which is compared to your analogy of stepping out to reset the Visa period. 

Argue the salient points 

YMMV

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I wasn't .. I was talking whether the embassy "might" ask for his CENOMAR.    Heavy on the might.

Based on the definition of what constitutes a year or more.  Your analogy used a step out scenario for a non USA entity which is not something the USA allows in immigration or entry/reentry scenarios.   Mine was an analogy for a different time based required document that has the same sentence structure as the CENOMAR.   It is a well known fact that for police certificates it is total time.   It makes more sense that because the sentences are constructed the same, it is from the same governmental agency,  that it is more likely than not to have the same definition of what constitutes a year

YMMV

Timeline
8 hours ago, bengal17 said:

I'm a she, btw. So is the beneficiary. :) Anyways, I requested the cenomar just to be safe. Thanks ya'll for the help!

That is the safer move for sure ... like you planned already.    :thumbs:  

May your visa process go smoothly.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.