Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, waysoftheshadow said:

As I was telling someone how worried I was to not have a decision yet, I looked online and it said new card being produced! Anyone know generally how long it'll take for it to get here? 

Ours took 7 days 

Jan 22: New Card is being produced 

Jan 23: Card was approved for both EAD and AP

Jan 24: Card was mailed to me

Jan 27: Card was picked up by the USCIS

Jan 29: Card was delivered to my by the post office 

Jan 30: SSN received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

A question to the folk who have already received their EAD's...(Apart from @May531 answer 😛

How long did it take for you to receive your EAD card after your case switched to "card is being produced"? Also, if you asked to be given an SSN alongside of it, did that arrive at the same time or did that arrive later? 

To anyone who answers this, thank you very much in advance !

Spoiler

🐇 Sent I-129F: 03/14/2019 

🐇 I-129F NOA1: 03/22/2019 (Received The 18th)

🐇 I-129F NOA2: 06/15/2019 (85 days)

🐇Case transferred to NVC & Case# assigned: 07/10/2019 (25 days) 

🐇 NVC left: 07/23/2019 

🐇 Consulate Received: 07/26/2019 (CEAC switched to ready on the 30th) 

🐇 Interview date: 08/05/2019 (Approved :D:wub:!!!) 

4 hours ago, oflyingbunnyo said:

A question to the folk who have already received their EAD's...(Apart from @May531 answer 😛

How long did it take for you to receive your EAD card after your case switched to "card is being produced"? Also, if you asked to be given an SSN alongside of it, did that arrive at the same time or did that arrive later? 

Hello

for us it was about a week. There were several online status updates past the “card is produced” stage. One of the updates, about a day after the “card was mailed”, had a USPS tracking number. It was delivered via priority mail so it was relatively fast (by USCIS standards).

good luck!

4 hours ago, oflyingbunnyo said:

Card is being produced Monday, EAD card arrived on Saturday that same week. Still waiting for SSN a week later. 

ROC timeline

Delivered: 3/1/22

Text with receipt number: 3/3/22

Biometrics Reuse notice: 07/14/2022

N400

Filed online 01/14/2023

Biometrics Reuse notice: 01/14/2023

15 hours ago, dcgood70462 said:

We had our AOS interview today in New Orleans. The interview was pleasant. They provided my wife an interpreter via phone conference. They asked her general questions verifying the answers in the application. They did ask if she has ever collected assistance from a government agency. They asked me, the petitioner, how we met. I explained how we met, my visits, and when we decided to get engaged. The only documents they asked for was my 2018 w2 and my 2018 Fed Tax Return. I know they already had it, I have seen other on here being asked for it. I think they just want to see if you followed the instructions on the notice. The last thing she asked was if there was anything else I wanted to provide to her. I provide her with the proof of relationship evidence we had brought. Pictures, utility bills, bank statements and our health plan. She told us that she saw no problems and we should be approved. If she needed more we would be notified. At 2:00pm our status went to in review. After 5:00pm status changed to card ordered. Good luck !

Did you have to ask for a translator ahead of time or did they just ask at the time of the interview?  We are waiting on approval and interview scheduled but we would like to know if we need to call when we do get an appointment to ask for an interpreter ahead of time or if we need to bring our own.  My husband would need it as he is still learning English and we want to make sure the questions and answers are understood correctly.  Thanks!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed
June 2024 - Biometrics Reused
July 2024 - Approved (NO INTERVIEW) and GC received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Did you have to ask for a translator ahead of time or did they just ask at the time of the interview?  We are waiting on approval and interview scheduled but we would like to know if we need to call when we do get an appointment to ask for an interpreter ahead of time or if we need to bring our own.  My husband would need it as he is still learning English and we want to make sure the questions and answers are understood correctly.  Thanks!

We did not ask for the interpreter, the officer decided my wife needed one and provided the service. I am not sure if this is standard practice or not. They will not let you be the interpreter. I would imagine it would depend on the officer you get as the government is not required to provide the service. I would bring an interpreter with me to be safe.

Received our appointment in the mail today. Our interview will be on Wednesday, March 11th at the San Francisco office. 

ROC timeline

Delivered: 3/1/22

Text with receipt number: 3/3/22

Biometrics Reuse notice: 07/14/2022

N400

Filed online 01/14/2023

Biometrics Reuse notice: 01/14/2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Thank you very much for your lovely answers people ^-^ 

Spoiler

🐇 Sent I-129F: 03/14/2019 

🐇 I-129F NOA1: 03/22/2019 (Received The 18th)

🐇 I-129F NOA2: 06/15/2019 (85 days)

🐇Case transferred to NVC & Case# assigned: 07/10/2019 (25 days) 

🐇 NVC left: 07/23/2019 

🐇 Consulate Received: 07/26/2019 (CEAC switched to ready on the 30th) 

🐇 Interview date: 08/05/2019 (Approved :D:wub:!!!) 

7 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

My letter states: "If you do not speak English fluently, you should bring an interpreter" in Bold

1 minute ago, wxman22 said:

My letter states: "If you do not speak English fluently, you should bring an interpreter" in Bold

Yes, that’s we we figured. Thanks.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed
June 2024 - Biometrics Reused
July 2024 - Approved (NO INTERVIEW) and GC received.

9 hours ago, Anne Singalong said:

Hello guys. Im new to this thread. I also filed aos last sep 2019. Just wanna know how you tracked the processing time in the USCIS page? Which service center did you follow? Im getting frustrated with my case. Still no news from them since my RFIE last november. 

This is where you track your processing times: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

If you do not know your Field Office or Service Center. go to this link and key in your zip code: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Then go back to the first link and select Form as I-485 | Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status and then your Field Office or Service Center on the next.

Hope this helps.

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

May 3, 2024: Ordered marriage certificate and death certificate from PSA online

May 9, 2024: Received email from PSA that marriage cert is blurred/eligible--will need 15 more days for reverification

May 22, 2024: Marriage Cert received from PSA (death cert was delivered 2 weeks earlier)

May 23, 2024: Uploaded new files to the CEAC website

May 29, 2024: Documentary Qualified

July 13, 2024: Expedite Request to NVC

July 15, 2024: NVC responded that it will forward the request to the embassy

July 16, 2024: Expedite request rejected by the embassy

31 minutes ago, MarryMe987654 said:

This is where you track your processing times: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

If you do not know your Field Office or Service Center. go to this link and key in your zip code: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Then go back to the first link and select Form as I-485 | Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status and then your Field Office or Service Center on the next.

Hope this helps.

Hello thank you for that. I just called USCIS. Apparently my case is being handled by the NBC. Their processing time is between 5-7mos. They are still currently working on July 16, 2019 cases. So frustrating. Which service center handled your case? Did you receive your EAD/AP already?

My case is being handled by the National Benefits Center. Out of all the service centers, they are the most backlogged. They are STILL currently working on July 16, 2019 cases. Their processing time for EAD is between 5-7mos. Is there anyone here with the same situation as me? I also filed my AOS last Sept 2019. Still no news regarding my AP/EAD.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.