Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
Just now, annie_ch said:

Glad to hear that!

Hopefully we hear from USCIS asap :(

I hope so too!!! It makes me little bit less anxious knowing that it is not just my case that is waiting.

Timeline
Just now, annie_ch said:

Same here! I was getting nervous that my case status did not go with approval after interview :( but, now I feels a little better it not only me waiting :) 

I felt so confident after the interview as the lady made it sound as I did so well. And then I read how someone has their status changed right after interview!! 😯 I guess these kind of things happen and I just need to be patient. Good luck with your case, I am sure that the good news will soon follow! ❤️🥰

1 minute ago, Eva_AJ said:

I felt so confident after the interview as the lady made it sound as I did so well. And then I read how someone has their status changed right after interview!! 😯 I guess these kind of things happen and I just need to be patient. Good luck with your case, I am sure that the good news will soon follow! ❤️🥰

I did,too because the interviewer lady said that all would be okay and she did not want to  give me any worries. However, every others status changed to "new card is being produced" after interview and it means to get a physical green card :(  

Okay let's be patient!! Good luck with your case as well. Thanks. We will get approval notice soon !!!! 

6 minutes ago, annie_ch said:

I did,too because the interviewer lady said that all would be okay and she did not want to  give me any worries. However, every others status changed to "new card is being produced" after interview and it means to get a physical green card :(  

Okay let's be patient!! Good luck with your case as well. Thanks. We will get approval notice soon !!!! 

Don't worry. The Interviewer has no reason to be positive and then for it not to be approved. 

Also, I'm pretty sure everyone who is denied knows it by the interview.

Lastly, it is clear that USCIS is not really tech savvy. So nothing surprises me in terms of notifications or not. Not to say i don't worry, but still, we all need to back away from the ledge:-)

Timeline
1 minute ago, wxman22 said:

Lastly, it is clear that USCIS is not really tech savvy. So nothing surprises me in terms of notifications or not.

That made me laugh haha. 

22 minutes ago, wxman22 said:

Don't worry. The Interviewer has no reason to be positive and then for it not to be approved. 

Also, I'm pretty sure everyone who is denied knows it by the interview.

Lastly, it is clear that USCIS is not really tech savvy. So nothing surprises me in terms of notifications or not. Not to say i don't worry, but still, we all need to back away from the ledge:-)

Thanks for your kind words. It makes me relieve :) 

On 1/29/2020 at 4:14 PM, Zach2015 said:

My wife doesn’t recall that being asked on the form. Are you sure it’s the W-4? 

Oh it wasn't on the form itself, it was just an instruction that If I am a nonresident alien, I cannot file married-filing jointly, only married - filing separately. But I have found answers that I am technically a resident alien since I am married to a USC. 

On 1/29/2020 at 4:51 PM, Eva_AJ said:

Anyone that is after the interview, was recommended for approval, didn't miss any paperwork but still waiting for the status to change to approval? I had my interview 2 weeks ago and I'm aware that there is some process to be done and they have 180 days to approve but I'm getting anxious. 

i am surprised at this considering our experience at the same office, they seemed pretty quick and on top of things

hopefully you wont have to wait much longer. sending good vibes your way

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Our I-485 status was changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" as of this morning/midnight (01/31/2020).

--

Our Timeline:

Field Office - Charlotte, NC

AOS Packet Sent: 09/03/19

AOS Packet Received: 09/05/19

NOA 1: 09/27/19

Biometrics Done: 10/05/19

EAD Card is being Produced: 12/23/19

EAD Card was mailed 12/27/19

I-485 Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" 01/31/2020

Successful interview in Raleigh, NC yesterday. We were in and out within an hour. Didn’t get that satisfying ‘approved’ at the interview but got a status update of ‘new card being produced’ about 20 mins after leaving and got ‘case approved’ update this morning. Officer very friendly, just asked questions from I-485 to confirm names, dates and how we met etc. Good luck to all still waiting!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats everyone! We also had a successful interview yesterday. It was really quick. We were asked for a rough timeline of when we met and then the laundry list of "have you ever" questions from the initial AOS forms. He let us know he would approve us, and the status changed about an hour later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.