Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, Etek&Ahududu said:

Got ours literally today! Had the interview last week. 

Congratulations! 🎊 

• 4 weeks later...

We just received our approval notice and green card on the same day (April 16th) after our interview which was on November 2nd. We have no idea what the delay was (162 days), but we're very glad to have the green card in hand!

Met at a bar: 03/17/17

Engaged: 07/27/18

Filed I129f: 08/06/18

NOA1: 08/13/18

NOA2: 01/09/19

case shipped: 02/05/19

case received: 02/16/19

P3 letter: 02/16/19

Medical: 02/15/19

Interview: 03/05/19 - Approved

Visa received: 03/15/19

US entry (Chicago): 06/13/19

Marriage: 08/17/19

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 09/03/19

NOA1: 09/19/19

Biometrics: 

2 hours ago, shiestand said:

We just received our approval notice and green card on the same day (April 16th) after our interview which was on November 2nd. We have no idea what the delay was (162 days), but we're very glad to have the green card in hand!

Make several copies of it front and back immediately! Congratulations.  Make sure a few of the copies are .pdf format.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I just got an email notification today that I finally have an interview date scheduled, just need to wait on the snail mail to see when that is.  

I'm at the Sacramento field office.  I did however contact my local congressman a few weeks back and got a reply back from USCIS stating 

" Thank you for your recent inquiry on behalf of your constituent, Me Smug Face, concerning his pending 1-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Our records indicate that this 1-485 was filed September 25, 2019, is under the jurisdiction of the Sacramento Field Office wasting in the queue to be scheduled for an interview

While our office has reopened, it is in a limited capacity with reduced waiting room occupancy limits, fewer daily appointments, interview time limits, social distancing requirements, between interview office sanitization requirements, and with other COVID-19 safety precautions. Please allow 90 days for our office to schedule this interview.

Thank you for the opportunity to help you and your constituent in this matter. I you have any questions, please

feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Hoy Var

Immigration Services Officer Congressional Liaison

650 Capitol Mall

Sacramento, CA 95814

Congressional Web Portal"

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, 

I  was wondering if anyone has had this happened to them: I got my green card in December 2020 and today my Usps informed delivery showed that a letter from Uscis was in the mail. My husband and I traveled today so I called the Uscis to ask about the content of the letter and they told me it was my biometrics to renew my work permit ??? That’s weird given the fact that I have my green card right ? The case number starts with IOE . Can someone let me know if they experienced this and if this is a mistake ?  

Probably on the last batch of the September filers but finally got approved this past friday. Interview was supposed to be in the San Francisco office but got moved to the USCIS office in San Jose, CA. 

Seemed like a pretty straight forward process. Check-in, metal detector, another desk to get a number, waiting room until an officer calls out. 

Interview was pretty straight forward, I'm assuming it'll depend on the officer and your case. He asked for passports/IDs right away. Then started off with some small talk and we felt like we learned more about the officer than he learned about us, so no complaints from us there. He was asking some questions along the way that made it very conversational. He was ticking and checking through files. Then jumped to the "NO" questions. More small talk about himself. Then asked how we met. Requested both birth certificates, marriage certificate. Asked what our jobs were, requested proof of employment from both - we had letters from our employers and paystubs. Lastly he asked for proof. We gave him a whole package, which we were afraid we didn't have enough, and he probed as he flipped through it.

We felt like we didn't have enough joint things together, even our lawyer said things were thin but it should good enough. So for those that might be worried, here's all we decided to put there. We highlighted our names and same address on every document that was relevant

- Taxes - 2 years

- a joint bank statement - Asked who had direct deposit linked, saw mine (beneficiary) linked but my S.O (citizen) doesn't have it linked but there's a lot of activity there so it was fine. 

- No joint credit cards but all statements go to the same address. 

- Health insurance cards 

- Work benefits (401k/retirement/whatever, life insurance showing each other as primary contact and full beneficiary 

- Boarding passes of previous vacations 

- contracts with vendors for our wedding celebration 

- Photo collage. Nothing fancy, made through google presentations/powerpoint - 20 pages, 8.5x11 sheet, 3-4 pictures/page, mostly with friends and family and very short description at the bottom (xxx graduation 2016)

Didn't keep track of the actual time with the officer but total time was about an hour, so fairly quick. We received the approval notice on the app about 2 hours later.

Anyways, I hope this helps anybody that's going to have their interview. This process is long and cruel and nobody knows about patience more than the us folks that have been waiting on this. You've been fighting for years, keep going.

5 hours ago, Landsend1 said:

Probably on the last batch of the September filers but finally got approved this past friday. Interview was supposed to be in the San Francisco office but got moved to the USCIS office in San Jose, CA. 

Seemed like a pretty straight forward process. Check-in, metal detector, another desk to get a number, waiting room until an officer calls out. 

Interview was pretty straight forward, I'm assuming it'll depend on the officer and your case. He asked for passports/IDs right away. Then started off with some small talk and we felt like we learned more about the officer than he learned about us, so no complaints from us there. He was asking some questions along the way that made it very conversational. He was ticking and checking through files. Then jumped to the "NO" questions. More small talk about himself. Then asked how we met. Requested both birth certificates, marriage certificate. Asked what our jobs were, requested proof of employment from both - we had letters from our employers and paystubs. Lastly he asked for proof. We gave him a whole package, which we were afraid we didn't have enough, and he probed as he flipped through it.

We felt like we didn't have enough joint things together, even our lawyer said things were thin but it should good enough. So for those that might be worried, here's all we decided to put there. We highlighted our names and same address on every document that was relevant

- Taxes - 2 years

- a joint bank statement - Asked who had direct deposit linked, saw mine (beneficiary) linked but my S.O (citizen) doesn't have it linked but there's a lot of activity there so it was fine. 

- No joint credit cards but all statements go to the same address. 

- Health insurance cards 

- Work benefits (401k/retirement/whatever, life insurance showing each other as primary contact and full beneficiary 

- Boarding passes of previous vacations 

- contracts with vendors for our wedding celebration 

- Photo collage. Nothing fancy, made through google presentations/powerpoint - 20 pages, 8.5x11 sheet, 3-4 pictures/page, mostly with friends and family and very short description at the bottom (xxx graduation 2016)

Didn't keep track of the actual time with the officer but total time was about an hour, so fairly quick. We received the approval notice on the app about 2 hours later.

Anyways, I hope this helps anybody that's going to have their interview. This process is long and cruel and nobody knows about patience more than the us folks that have been waiting on this. You've been fighting for years, keep going.

Congratulations shouldn't be to many left here now!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

just had my interview on Friday at Sacramento, went really smoothly and our case was updated online within an hour of setting out for home to "New card is being produced"

Woohoo at last :P

1 hour ago, ConnorS said:

just had my interview on Friday at Sacramento, went really smoothly and our case was updated online within an hour of setting out for home to "New card is being produced"

Woohoo at last :P

Congratulations

Citizenship Complete!

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Journey20 said:

Still waiting and waiting on Sacramento which is officially number 2 only behind Seattle! Ridiculous! Filed 9/2019 for adjustment from K1 and have seen others report on here they've been adjudicated with later dates. My emails just get the canned response. Sigh.

Been there done that,  you'll  just have to hang in there and continue to wait. I know that is not a good answer you wanna hear. Did you involve your Congress person?

Citizenship Complete!

On 7/20/2021 at 3:22 AM, Sarge2155 said:

Been there done that,  you'll  just have to hang in there and continue to wait. I know that is not a good answer you wanna hear. Did you involve your Congress person?

No but that is going to be next in about 2 weeks as I'll officially be over two years marriage at that point and it avoids the conditional GC. Only bad part is that they tell you that you can't start the US Citizenship part until a GC holder for three years and they make it sound better than the standard five year wait, but it will be longer than that for us. I can't imagine what people have gone through with job changes and pay reductions, and layoffs and the scare of not being able to provide proof of support. I've been fortunate, but it's always in the back of my mind that until that GC is in hand, anything is possible. Besides all that, it is just ridiculous that it takes this long. If anything, give out the conditional green card after a background check and require interviews at ROC.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 6:05 PM, Journey20 said:

No but that is going to be next in about 2 weeks as I'll officially be over two years marriage at that point and it avoids the conditional GC. Only bad part is that they tell you that you can't start the US Citizenship part until a GC holder for three years and they make it sound better than the standard five year wait, but it will be longer than that for us. I can't imagine what people have gone through with job changes and pay reductions, and layoffs and the scare of not being able to provide proof of support. I've been fortunate, but it's always in the back of my mind that until that GC is in hand, anything is possible. Besides all that, it is just ridiculous that it takes this long. If anything, give out the conditional green card after a background check and require interviews at ROC.

Sacramento  here. Still waiting😩 gonna be 2 years of waiting on September. 

Hello!

It has been a while since we have been on VJ, so we forgot a bunch of the terms.  HA!  Anyways, we are trying to find a post for the following step (getting the 10-year green card).  @Sarge2155  I believe you start yours probably around October/November, since you got the green card back in April 2020.  Any information you can give us?  Ours is still a bit away.  But, we want to see what things we can start working on.  Thanks!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed
June 2024 - Biometrics Reused
July 2024 - Approved (NO INTERVIEW) and GC received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.