Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/14/2020 at 3:22 PM, stephbd said:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to update you all that I have received the GC today.

A heavy weight has been lifted off me and I hope you all can feel the same soon. It has been a long and intense journey! Best of luck to you all and see ya in two years for RoC 🙏🏾

Congrats!

Hi guys. I’ve spent hours searching this forum and online but I’m still not sure if my husband will need a 2nd MMR shot. Different websites and forums say different things. There is no blanket waiver next to the MMR shot. For the varicella, I’m assuming the B waiver is good enough for the interview. Does anyone else know what to do? 

4A15CA5E-3597-416B-AB43-513A62FECA54.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Melissa2014 said:

Hi guys. I’ve spent hours searching this forum and online but I’m still not sure if my husband will need a 2nd MMR shot. Different websites and forums say different things. There is no blanket waiver next to the MMR shot. For the varicella, I’m assuming the B waiver is good enough for the interview. Does anyone else know what to do? 

4A15CA5E-3597-416B-AB43-513A62FECA54.jpeg

Forget the letters on the right. What matters is that it says completed on the bottom left of the page.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:06 AM, Fe.Ta said:

Has anyone else noticed that those with children do not get passed through the grind as those without children at the AOS interview?  I don't think I need to give birth immediately to proof I am in a bona fide marriage and answer 100 more questions because I am childless.  Anyways, another pain of this whole immigration thing.  But, wanted to see if anyone else noticed it.

i think its more for the person doing the interview. our interview was so fast and easy.

it seemed for us anyway it was just a formality and we were most likely going to be approved anyway

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

2 hours ago, Ayrton said:

Forget the letters on the right. What matters is that it says completed on the bottom left of the page.

That's right according to the document it is COMPLETE!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

The waiting part of our journey in the September 2019 filers thread ends today, with my spouse's Green Card being delivered just over 1 week after our interview.  This thread was a great source of information.  Overall I have to say everything about AOS went very smoothly except for the really bizarre RFE we got last year.

13 months from filing to GC was faster than we expected considering the NY Field Office is one of the busiest in the country, and of course the pandemic taking hold while our case was being processed.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting for speedy approvals!

37 minutes ago, nyj215 said:

The waiting part of our journey in the September 2019 filers thread ends today, with my spouse's Green Card being delivered just over 1 week after our interview.  This thread was a great source of information.  Overall I have to say everything about AOS went very smoothly except for the really bizarre RFE we got last year.

13 months from filing to GC was faster than we expected considering the NY Field Office is one of the busiest in the country, and of course the pandemic taking hold while our case was being processed.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting for speedy approvals!

That's great news! How many are left waiting still?

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all! Just wanted to update you. I had my interview today at the Chicago Field Office. the officer was super nice and friendly. We got done with the interview and about 25 minutes later it showed "New card being produced." I'm so happy! I am so glad the wait is over. Best of luck to everyone else! 

17 minutes ago, PaShah said:

Hi all! Just wanted to update you. I had my interview today at the Chicago Field Office. the officer was super nice and friendly. We got done with the interview and about 25 minutes later it showed "New card being produced." I'm so happy! I am so glad the wait is over. Best of luck to everyone else! 

What questions did they ask you?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed
June 2024 - Biometrics Reused
July 2024 - Approved (NO INTERVIEW) and GC received.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

What questions did they ask you?

He first went through the I-485 application and asked my name, parents names, date of marriage and the yes/no questions. Then he asked my spouse and I how we met, who proposed, where/when did you get married and who was there. Lastly, he asked if we wanted to submit any more evidence so we gave joint bank acc and insurance and itinerary of some trips that we took together. In the end e showed the photo album we had brought and that was it. 

1 hour ago, PaShah said:

Congratulations to you!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
10 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

That's great news! How many are left waiting still?

I think there's still a fair few, especially for the Sacramento field office, they seem to be processing sooooooo slow!!! 😬🤪

Just now, ConnorS said:

I think there's still a fair few, especially for the Sacramento field office, they seem to be processing sooooooo slow!!! 😬🤪

I had hoped we all were done!

Citizenship Complete!

We had our interview on November 2nd (rescheduled from April 13th) at the Detroit Field Office. No change when I check status online, and no greencard or approval letter yet. The interview went well, and we anticipate getting approved. How long does this wait usually take?

Thanks all! Hope anyone still waiting gets interviews soon!!

Met at a bar: 03/17/17

Engaged: 07/27/18

Filed I129f: 08/06/18

NOA1: 08/13/18

NOA2: 01/09/19

case shipped: 02/05/19

case received: 02/16/19

P3 letter: 02/16/19

Medical: 02/15/19

Interview: 03/05/19 - Approved

Visa received: 03/15/19

US entry (Chicago): 06/13/19

Marriage: 08/17/19

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 09/03/19

NOA1: 09/19/19

Biometrics: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.