Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

My interview was scheduled for March 19th and canceled just a day before.. so pretty much got very unlucky..

Still waiting for it to be rescheduled.

In the meantime I want to apply for EAD/AP renewal and I have a couple questions:

- Can I apply to renew combo card (EAD/AP) or does it have to be just EAD

- Do I need to pay the fee? If its a combo card, I need to pay both EAD and AP fees?

- From what I understand, the NOA serves as an automatic extension, so even if it takes a long time to get an actual new card, the NOA is enough?

Thank you! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, mark08 said:

Hi guys, 

My interview was scheduled for March 19th and canceled just a day before.. so pretty much got very unlucky..

Still waiting for it to be rescheduled.

In the meantime I want to apply for EAD/AP renewal and I have a couple questions:

- Can I apply to renew combo card (EAD/AP) or does it have to be just EAD

- Do I need to pay the fee? If its a combo card, I need to pay both EAD and AP fees?

- From what I understand, the NOA serves as an automatic extension, so even if it takes a long time to get an actual new card, the NOA is enough?

Thank you! 

1. Yes, just send both forms.

2. No fees. It's still free. Just send your NOA 1 from AOS.

3. You can apply for renewal 180 days before it expires. And the letter will extend it for another 180. The NOA and the old card is enough to prove you're authorized to work.

Thank you @Ayrton, I just assembled the entire packet and sending it tomorrow!

Just wanted to confirm the address, as noted here - https://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses - The address is pretty much the same as earlier, correct?

So in case of USPS its:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Hopefully they will reschedule our interview soon, but for now it's just better to apply for renewal..

Thank you! I appreciate your help! 

10 hours ago, mark08 said:

Just wanted to confirm the address, as noted here - https://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses - The address is pretty much the same as earlier, correct?

So in case of USPS its:

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Hopefully they will reschedule our interview soon, but for now it's just better to apply for renewal..

We're in the same boat. Our interview was supposed to be on March 19th as well, and we are planning to send the EAD/Advanced Parole renewals out next month if we don't receive notice of a rescheduled interview soon. That's the same address that I was going to use.

Edited by H&G

Timeline
2 hours ago, H&G said:

We're in the same boat. Our interview was supposed to be on March 19th as well, and we are planning to send the EAD/Advanced Parole renewals out next month if we don't receive notice of a rescheduled interview soon. That's the same address that I was going to use.

I would send the renewal forms even with a scheduled interview. There's no guarantee that someone will get the green card after the interview. I've seen people waiting for months after the interview with no response.

12 hours ago, mark08 said:

So in case of USPS its:

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Yes. 

That's the address.

I sent my forms 1.5 weeks ago. No NOA yet.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ayrton said:

I would send the renewal forms even with a scheduled interview. There's no guarantee that someone will get the green card after the interview. I've seen people waiting for months after the interview with no response.

Yes. 

That's the address.

I sent my forms 1.5 weeks ago. No NOA yet.

Thanks Ayrton, keep us posted when you do get your NOA please, I just sent mine this morning, so keen to see what response times are like 🤪

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ayrton said:

Just received the SMS confirmation with the cases numbers. 

was just about commented about the rejected one until I saw that you edited. Tbh the whole time, only my 765 was being updated and 131 was acting like I had never submitted even though I got my combo card lol

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Eva_AJ said:

was just about commented about the rejected one until I saw that you edited. Tbh the whole time, only my 765 was being updated and 131 was acting like I had never submitted even though I got my combo card lol

Lol

I first received the SMS for the 131. 15 minutes later I received the SMS for the 765. The weird thing is that the 765 case number ends with 92 and the 131 ends with 93. So I should've received the 765 first.

Anyway, I'm just waiting for the NOA in the mail now.

Edited by Ayrton

On 7/14/2020 at 2:15 PM, wasp8898 said:

Just to update everyone. I did receive another Notice today which included the category for my EAD renewal.

Hi. Does the NOA letter, which shows the Eligibility Category, serve as the automatic extention for another 180 days for EAD?

Package sent: 08/29/19

Package delivered: 09/03/19

I-765 received :09/03/19

I-131 received: 09/03/19

I-485 received: 09/10/19

Text notification: 09/11/19

Check cashed: 09/12/19

NOA1 date for all 3 forms: 09/10/19

Biometrics: 10/03/19

Ready for interview schedule: 10/30/19

Interview was scheduled: 09/15/2020

Interview date: 10/15/2020

GC received: 10/22/2020

Timeline
1 hour ago, Q2018 said:

Hi. Does the NOA letter, which shows the Eligibility Category, serve as the automatic extention for another 180 days for EAD?

Yes.

31 minutes ago, Steph & Nick said:

Got a notice today that my interview was rescheduled (was originally April 9th) and I'm dealing with the Dallas Field office. Woooo!

Congrats we are Dallas office too our interview  is on August 6th!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Congrats we are Dallas office too our interview  is on August 6th!

Congrats! That's so soon! What day did you get the notice your interview had been rescheduled?

34 minutes ago, Steph & Nick said:

Congrats! That's so soon! What day did you get the notice your interview had been rescheduled?

Actually my wife already has her GC in  hand, we got the so called interview wavier back in April. But now we are having the interview. I know strange but it's  happening to another couple also from the Dallas office. I recommend you drive the route before hand to get your bearings.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.