Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Zoltan K said:

me too. I'm assigned to Portland. Likely I won't get an interview scheduled in the next 6 months.

Dallas local office I'm expecting close to a year!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

15 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yeah I'm still waiting too 100 plus days after biometrics. But my local office is very backed up so I'm looking for the combo card at this point, but even that's taking longer than most. Story of my life though K1 was rough so why should AOS be any different. 😀

Ha! I am sorry to hear that. But, yes, it is unfortunate that some offices are so backed up. I don’t even know what to expect from ours at this point. 

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed
June 2024 - Biometrics Reused
July 2024 - Approved (NO INTERVIEW) and GC received.

2 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

How many of us are still waiting on interviews? It seems @Sarge2155 and I? And then? 🤣

Me 😂 got RFE  2 months ago and still waiting for our status to change to “ready to be scheduled for interview” but i am from Bay area so prolly it will take long.. 

3 minutes ago, CLUAE said:

Me 😂 got RFE  2 months ago and still waiting for our status to change to “ready to be scheduled for interview” but i am from Bay area so prolly it will take long.. 

Man! We just submitted our RFE response and are nervous that we will be waiting long too. Sadly, that one thing that would distract us (travel) is one of the things we can’t do. Ironic.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

5 hours ago, Eva_AJ said:

Anyone that is after the interview, was recommended for approval, didn't miss any paperwork but still waiting for the status to change to approval? I had my interview 2 weeks ago and I'm aware that there is some process to be done and they have 180 days to approve but I'm getting anxious. 

Same situation. I got an interview on 1/15 in San Antonio office and the interviewer said that I would not need to worry about the approval. However, the status is still in stuck " interview completed and must be reviewed" for 2 weeks. I am worried if there is something missing or insufficient things to go with approval. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
6 hours ago, annie_ch said:

Same situation. I got an interview on 1/15 in San Antonio office and the interviewer said that I would not need to worry about the approval. However, the status is still in stuck " interview completed and must be reviewed" for 2 weeks. I am worried if there is something missing or insufficient things to go with approval. 

Oh San Antonio as well and I went on 1/14. That makes me feel little bit better.

24 minutes ago, marlasinger said:

Dallas office here too! 😫

Unfortunately for us!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

13 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yeah I'm still waiting too 100 plus days after biometrics. But my local office is very backed up so I'm looking for the combo card at this point, but even that's taking longer than most. Story of my life though K1 was rough so why should AOS be any different. 😀

I was really hoping they were going to give you an IOU this time around for the ridiculous long wait time on the K1. Like a skip the line pass for the AOS

53 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

I was really hoping they were going to give you an IOU this time around for the ridiculous long wait time on the K1. Like a skip the line pass for the AOS

Hehehehehe yeah that would have been nice. But no such luck!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

16 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Man! We just submitted our RFE response and are nervous that we will be waiting long too. Sadly, that one thing that would distract us (travel) is one of the things we can’t do. Ironic.

And it sucks to be at home & got nothing to do. We hoping they approve my EAD this month so i can find a job at least to distrAct me from waiting for the green card 😅

17 minutes ago, CLUAE said:

And it sucks to be at home & got nothing to do. We hoping they approve my EAD this month so i can find a job at least to distrAct me from waiting for the green card 😅

That's what we are hoping too, even a small part-time, anything!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.