September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Irush93 said:

I had my interview with yesterday and we were approved on the spot! 🎉

Here's my review in case it helps anyone:

AOS INTERVIEW ATLANTA FIELD OFFICE.

My appointment was at 745, but we left the house at 645. What was meant to be a 30 min drive was almost 50 mins (THANKS TO ATL TRAFFIC🙃) LOL, we arrived at the office and went through security check first, it was kind of like airport security check. The officers were super friendly and professional. Definitely eased the tension. Once we were through the security check we had to check ourselves in, they asked for my appointment letter and my ID. They took my photo, finger prints and gave me a number. We were told to wait for our number to be called. By the time we sat down it was 7:37. Our number showed up on the screen indicating we were going to be called next, so we moved and waited at the door. We were called after 10 mins of waiting. The officer was pretty strict and professional. LOL, I walked in and asked how he was and almost sat down and he was like no don't sit yet. He asked us to raise our right hand and asked us if we swear to tell the truth. The man said very little and did a lot of typing and flipping through our paperwork. He asked for my BC and my husband proof he's a citizen. He then asked my husband how we met. After that he began checking boxes and dating them. (One box actually said approved by interview) LOL, but he continued with the questions. He asked when I moved to Canada from the US. (I lived in America for 10 years when I was younger) I told him I had documentation for it and he said he didn't need it. He asked my husband what he does for work, then asked me if I work. He looked up at me and said I see you have some photos, I didn't bring much only about 10, he just basically skimmed through them. He told us that our case was actually one of the easiest cases he's had to deal with. After some more typing he asked me if I have ever been arrested and explained I was approved and I'll be getting a 2 year green card with steps on what do after the 2 years. I asked if he needed any of my supporting documents and he said he has all he needs in our file. We were out of the office by 8:20. Got an email that new card was produced at 8:30. The actual interview took about 20 mins. There were probably about 12 couples all together including us. I thought it would be packed considering ATL's long wait times. But, I figure it was because the office opens at 7:00am. 

Congrats!Thanks for your review......

On 1/17/2020 at 1:40 PM, wxman22 said:

We're on 78 days with no change of status since Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken.🤔

Our status finally changed today to "Ready to be scheduled for Interview", after 84 days.

35 minutes ago, May531 said:

One of the requirements for interview is Affidavit of support or I-864. Do we need to submit it again even if it’s just four months when we submitted it? Thank you for the answers 

You should have a copy of what you submitted. In fact a copy of the entire AOS submission. Yes, I would take it to the interview in case they ask for it. Better safe than sorry.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

50 minutes ago, May531 said:

One of the requirements for interview is Affidavit of support or I-864. Do we need to submit it again even if it’s just four months when we submitted it? Thank you for the answers 

bring it. chances are they wont ask for it, but better safe than sorry. i have a binder full of printed but unneeded document copies, wouldn't change a thing. they didnt ask for any of it

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Does anyone know how long will it take for us to hear back from USCIS on our RFE?  We got confirmation from them that they received it and are working on our case again.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed
June 2024 - Biometrics Reused
July 2024 - Approved (NO INTERVIEW) and GC received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Does anyone know how long will it take for us to hear back from USCIS on our RFE?  We got confirmation from them that they received it and are working on our case again.

we didn't get anything until our case was ready to be scheduled for an interview about a month later

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 1/22/2020 at 9:18 PM, Moe428 said:

Interesting.  Please do let us know if your interview is being done at Sacramento or San Jose instead.

Hi Moe, our interview is at San Jose Field Office at 10:15 am :)

09/12/19: Sent AOS package

09/14/19: Package arrived at Chicago.

09/30/19: Received 3 text notification at 10 PM

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-765 'Case Was Received dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-131 'Case Was Received' dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-485 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received' and dated 9/27 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

10/01/19: Check cashed after 12 AM (pending at current time of writing)

10/05/19: Received 3 NOA 1 letters (hard copy in mail)

10/25/19: Bio-metrics Appointment

11/12/19: Received RFE for spouse's birth certificate

11/29/19: Case Center received our RFE response letter and documents

12/20/19: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

01/10/20: Case is Interview Was Scheduled

01/17/20: Received interview letter in mail. Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2020 (Valentine's Day)

28 minutes ago, CLUAE said:

Its been 2 months since the USCIS received our RFE response but our status still says “ RFE response received” is it still within normal timeline? 

not sure what is normal or not, but we are in the exact same situation if that is any consolation...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
53 minutes ago, CLUAE said:

Its been 2 months since the USCIS received our RFE response but our status still says “ RFE response received” is it still within normal timeline? 

I have the same situation more than 70 days and still says RFE response received. Keep calm

For those of us that are waiting on or will be having the interview after today, how will the implementation of the new public charge rule affect us?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed
June 2024 - Biometrics Reused
July 2024 - Approved (NO INTERVIEW) and GC received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.