dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2019

879 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
39 minutes ago, MrsGarcia said:

When did you submit?

- Orig submission: Sep. 9th.

- Response with 4 rejections: Sep. 24th.

Edited by Karim2018

29 minutes ago, Karim2018 said:

- Orig submission: Sep. 9th.

- Response with 4 rejections: Sep. 24th.

So sorry to hear that. 😔 We submitted all our documents on August 27 and are still waiting to hear back. 

On a side note, I do think they need to insert a portion on the immigration timeline here on visa journey for NVC resubmissions so it's easier to keep track of each other's progress ☺️

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Rupi said:

what was the reason and when did you submit

Various reasons:

- "scan not complete" (one form was on long paper and it was scanned, but the very bottom of the form was not complete- Silly me, I didn't realize or pay attention to that)

- "can't accept forms of different types" - I have included 2 W2 forms and 1 1099MIS in one PDF - They didn't like that :(

- "cannot view password protected form" - The form was not password-protected at all, anyone can open it, BUT when I open the form a popup comes up at the top and says "some fields are interactive...". I guess they didn't like the fact that the form was still editable :( - I did fix that (I hope) by printing the doc again as a Microsoft PDF, and the form was no longer editable.

Original submission date was 9/9 and now once I fix and upload those docs again, I'm back to ground zero :(

Hopefully some folks can learn from the above mistakes!

Edited by Karim2018

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nyhearts said:

Oh no...what docs did they reject and reason? 

hopefully it’s something you can resubmit ASAP. 

Please see my responses to the previous posters. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

Need some help...

I don't know where to find my tax forms..

I have to do a aos.

Turbo tax I can't find them?

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/eauth/pub/login.jsp?Data=VGFyZ2V0TG9BPUY%3D&TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-000e9548-6cd3-16f7-9748-483c0adb4007&GUID=&SMAUTHREASON=0&METHOD=GET&SMAGENTNAME=UOkC7yx4eMTO24FGxPfBRb5q3Mj3Xh3pyXfBEjYyHJ97nGCXu16wx5MzFHjfZmlG&TARGET=-SM-https%3a%2f%2fsa.www4.irs.gov%2ficce--core%2fload%2fgettrans%2fpages%2favailableTranscripts.xhtml 

or

i you will not be able to log in like my husband he submitted his tax docs which hr received in his email

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rupi said:

Ok thank you.

But I can't verify one thing I have.. like a credit card, student loan.

I'm going to try.

What happened to yours?

One of the years 2018, I didn't file a tax.. no work. And I was in India with my husband. Do I have to write a letter saying that

Note.. I also have a joint sponsor.  But I had no clue I had to do all this

Timeline
Just now, Saci Singh said:

Ok thank you.

But I can't verify one thing I have.. like a credit card, student loan.

I'm going to try.

What happened to yours?

One of the years 2018, I didn't file a tax.. no work. And I was in India with my husband. Do I have to write a letter saying that

Note.. I also have a joint sponsor.  But I had no clue I had to do all this

i can't remember properly but his was not getting verified when he was trying to log in.

i can't give you advice on that but i have read it somewhere that you have to write a letter to clary when you didn't file tax in 2018

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Rupi said:

i can't remember properly but his was not getting verified when he was trying to log in.

i can't give you advice on that but i have read it somewhere that you have to write a letter to clary when you didn't file tax in 2018

But your husband got his tax forms from this website?

Timeline
Just now, Saci Singh said:

But your husband got his tax forms from this website?

he had them already. I don't know about USA but in india when you file tax you got a copy in your email. 

Hi everyone!

Our I-130 finally got approved on 2019/09/12

May I ask what I should be doing next?

I did read the wiki but could someone please dumb it down for me? 😧

Will I (Beneficiary) be receiving something from NVC?

How do I find out if NVC received our case? And the case number too?

Please help!😖

43 minutes ago, Chantiago said:

Hi everyone!

Our I-130 finally got approved on 2019/09/12

May I ask what I should be doing next?

I did read the wiki but could someone please dumb it down for me? 😧

Will I (Beneficiary) be receiving something from NVC?

How do I find out if NVC received our case? And the case number too?

Please help!😖

You should read the beginning of this thread and posts here for detailed information. Beneficiary will receive an email from NVC for case number. To find out if it is received by NVC, you have to call them. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

Various reasons:

- "scan not complete" (one form was on long paper and it was scanned, but the very bottom of the form was not complete- Silly me, I didn't realize or pay attention to that)

- "can't accept forms of different types" - I have included 2 W2 forms and 1 1099MIS in one PDF - They didn't like that :(

- "cannot view password protected form" - The form was not password-protected at all, anyone can open it, BUT when I open the form a popup comes up at the top and says "some fields are interactive...". I guess they didn't like the fact that the form was still editable :( - I did fix that (I hope) by printing the doc again as a Microsoft PDF, and the form was no longer editable.

Original submission date was 9/9 and now once I fix and upload those docs again, I'm back to ground zero :(

Hopefully some folks can learn from the above mistakes!

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for giving details so people can avoid these. Hopefully, re-submission will not take long to review.

- Password protected form - Is that I-864? I filled it out and printed the entire form, signed it and scanned it again.

Also, NVC website says that they are reviewing documents submitted on August 9 and I have seen people here getting DQ in Mid-Late August. Your was Sep 9 original submission and mine is Sep 13, so this gives me some hope. But they are all over the place with reviewing documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.