dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2019

879 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

AGAIN. What you've posted above only addresses the versions of I-864 which will be accepted pre and post 10/15. It does not talk about the process itself (i.e. post- submitting your paperwork) and what happens after your submit your I-864. I cannot post Youtube links here (I think), but Youtue is full of videos posted by immigration lawyers stating that no matter when you file your I-130, what matters for the "public charge rule" (PCR) is when your I-864 is actually accepted, not submitted. So even you file a standard I-864 before 10/15, and your case hasn't been approved and accepted by NVC, you could still be subject the new PCR.

Yea lawyers always give free legal advice on YouTube and totally don't try to funnel business to their practice with scenarios that might be the end of someone's immigration journey if they don't seek a lawyer to assist them. 

Lawyers love these types of changes because it causes uncertainty from potential clients whom they want to retain.

USCIS Published Information > 3rd Party    

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Gojo said:

Did anybody submit additional photos other than the passport for beneficiary at NVC submissions?  

Yes. Pictures of you and your spouse, pictures of you and your spouse with family members, pictures of you and your spouse with friends. It is called front-loading. And it is done to tell your story and prove that your marriage is bonafide, even before your visa interview. 

Hello, 

I have a question. My wife is going to sponsor me so she is filling the form I-864.

in Part 5, 

- item 1 is 1,

- item 2 is 1

- does she need to put 1 in item 3? she is going to sponsor me, but item 2-3 are for the persons not sponsored in this affidavit. 

How did you fill this part 5 if your spouse sponsors you?

part5 household size.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
15 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

Yes. Pictures of you and your spouse, pictures of you and your spouse with family members, pictures of you and your spouse with friends. It is called front-loading. And it is done to tell your story and prove that your marriage is bonafide, even before your visa interview. 

Wow how the hell did I miss that. I submitted all documents on September 10 but only pics of his passport. Can I still submit it? 

Edited by Gojo

50 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

39 minutes ago, Gojo said:

Wow how the hell did I miss that. I submitted all documents on September 10 but only pics of his passport. Can I still submit it? 

Isn't there a limit to the size of jpgs tho? Or do you mean you saved them all as a pdf file? I only uploaded a pdf of my passport and a 2x2 jpg as per NVC instructions 

17 minutes ago, Gojo said:

You don't have to. I am not sure you should go mess with your submission again. Just my opinion. I only submitted bthe passport photo just like many other people.

Anyone hear back from NVC recently? I resubmitted 3 documents on August 21st 2019 and I'm still waiting. 

This wait is so much longer than my initial document submission wait.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, jojotica said:

You don't have to. I am not sure you should go mess with your submission again. Just my opinion. I only submitted bthe passport photo just like many other people.

I won’t mess with it. I was scared for a minute there. I thought I missed something 🙄

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Emre said:

Hello, 

I have a question. My wife is going to sponsor me so she is filling the form I-864.

in Part 5, 

- item 1 is 1,

- item 2 is 1

- does she need to put 1 in item 3? she is going to sponsor me, but item 2-3 are for the persons not sponsored in this affidavit. 

How did you fill this part 5 if your spouse sponsors you?

part5 household size.jpg

What you did is right (as in the pic). You don't have to put 1 elsewhere.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, jojotica said:

Agreed. I didn't submit any "Bona-fide" evidence, I'll bring that with me to my interview.

3 hours ago, Gojo said:

Same here 🥺 I did get an RFE for my petition for proof of bonafide marriage. I wonder if my response with proof is forwarded to embassy????? Oh god, now my brains going to go and go....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.