• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is still PH-NIV (non-immigrant)   ^^^^

After you start to setup your profile you must choose IMMIGRANT VISA

If you can't correct this you will have to create a NEW acct .. Which means using a different email address ... not a big deal

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jrock7 said:

Oh you mean select Immigrant Visa after making a new profile. I thought she had to use the email address she used on the ds-160.

Yes.

If you can't correct this within the profile (which may be the case)  you will have to use a different email and setup a new acct.    If you want the emails to match between the DS-160 and the Profile, you can create a new DS-160 and bring the new confirmation to the interview.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Jrock7 said:

Create a new ds-160? That won't cause any issues at the embassy that 1 person submitted 2 ds-160s? Is it necessary that the email addresses match?

I don't see having two email addresses as being an issue.  I wouldn't worry on it that is for sure.  Both emails would be active and accessed .. so there is no issue.

As for creating a new DS-160, nope that doesn't cause as issue as long as you bring the NEW confirmation page to the interview. (toss the old confirmation page)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

So she can create a new profile. If there is another issue, can she create a new profile before submitting a new ds-160 with the email address used with the new profile?

Sorry if it seems like I am asking you to spell this all out for me. My fiancee and I just want to make sure we understand everything. We realize with certain things can cause delays or even denials, so we just want to be sure. Thank you for all your advice. It's greatly appreciated.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Jrock7 said:

So she can create a new profile. If there is another issue, can she create a new profile before submitting a new ds-160 with the email address used with the new profile?

Sorry if it seems like I am asking you to spell this all out for me. My fiancee and I just want to make sure we understand everything. We realize with certain things can cause delays or even denials, so we just want to be sure. Thank you for all your advice. It's greatly appreciated.

No worries on asking a lot of questions ..  this a big deal, don't want to mess it up, I understand.

Yes she can create a new profile using a different email address. (we created a new profile because of a mess up in the passport number, it was quicker to make the new profile than wait for the embassy to fix things on the dashboard)  The DS-160 does not need to be completed before creating the profile, dashboard or scheduling the interview for the K-1.

Many have created new profiles and/or the DS-160 without issue.  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jrock7 said:

Thank you. I will have my fiancee make a new profile with a different address and be sure to click Immigrant Visa this time.

Excellent.    Lot less issues after that  .. ;)  

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Follow the guide, if you have question ask ...  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Jrock7 said:

My fiancee said she originally chose Immigrant Visa when she made her profile. So now what?

Well that then begs the question:   Why does the URL show PH-NIV   <<   that is Non-Immigrant Visa       ?

20190831_133834.jpg

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.