Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2019 I-129F FILERS

678 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

Yeah of course I can! It still hasn't arrived as of yet but I am hoping that it does tomorrow. My fiance is flying out to see me next week for a month and I was hoping we would get the letter fast, deal with it and send it away. At least if he gets the letter before he goes we can deal with it and send it off here. I too am anxious about RFE so getting one didn't help. Especially the waiting to see what it is.

Just hoping it is something simple and I can send it off and be approved. :)

The packet that my fiancé submitted didn’t contain that much that’s why I’m anxious about it now.

11 hours ago, Cilllah said:

Yeah of course I can! It still hasn't arrived as of yet but I am hoping that it does tomorrow. My fiance is flying out to see me next week for a month and I was hoping we would get the letter fast, deal with it and send it away. At least if he gets the letter before he goes we can deal with it and send it off here. I too am anxious about RFE so getting one didn't help. Especially the waiting to see what it is.

Just hoping it is something simple and I can send it off and be approved. :)

Call USCIS. Tell them you would like a copy faxed to you on the RFE because you are leaving the country and will not be back for a month and that you will not be there to receive the mail to answer the RFE. A tier 2 is the only one that has access to those systems. They can also read it to you (most will do this but some don't) and let you know what they are requesting. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Call USCIS. Tell them you would like a copy faxed to you on the RFE because you are leaving the country and will not be back for a month and that you will not be there to receive the mail to answer the RFE. A tier 2 is the only one that has access to those systems. They can also read it to you (most will do this but some don't) and let you know what they are requesting. 

Can I do this as the beneficiary or does it have to be my partner?

43 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

Can I do this as the beneficiary or does it have to be my partner?

You can try just be sure you have all the information needed. Receipt number, Petitioner's full name and DOB. Give it try. If it doesn't work out remember where you may have stumbled and call back as you will probably get a different person and repeat the process till you get the answer.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, Lyn Chazzy said:

The packet that my fiancé submitted didn’t contain that much that’s why I’m anxious about it now.

as long as you submitted everything that was asked for you'll be ok.

I submitted my fiancee's in August only took 91 days for my NOA2

Good luck!

Guys, we're finally approved! 💖

NOA1: 09/04

NOA2: 12/20

107 days waiting, all in all.

Thank you so much @Brazasian! She was the one who told me we got approved! :lol:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

7 hours ago, Trese said:

Guys, we're finally approved! 💖

NOA1: 09/04

NOA2: 12/20

107 days waiting, all in all.

Thank you so much @Brazasian! She was the one who told me we got approved! :lol:

Hey! Congratulations!❤️🏅👏🏻

But I have a question, how do you guys notice / know that you were approved? Do you receive a notification or do you need to check your case status online time to time to finally know if you were approved? 

My NOA1 is on September 20th, so I guess I need to wait like 2 weeks more if we are lucky.

Greetings! And congratulations again!!

event.png

8 hours ago, CarolinaVenezuela said:

But I have a question, how do you guys notice / know that you were approved? Do you receive a notification or do you need to check your case status online time to time to finally know if you were approved? 

My NOA1 is on September 20th, so I guess I need to wait like 2 weeks more if we are lucky.

Thank you! 💖

We were tracking our cases through an app, Case Tracker. It's available on both Android and iOS platforms. :)  If you're 'following' a certain case, you get notifications for updates. @Brazasian was the one who first saw the update for mine, since I wasn't actively checking at the time.

I also signed up at the USCIS website itself for updates, and I actually did get an email notification when we got approved. But I only saw the email much later. :lol:

Anywho. You'll get your update in no time at all. Just enjoy the holidays and the days should breeze right though. You'll be approved before you know it. :) 

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ben and Jen said:

We got our NOA2!!!! Woke up this morning, checked the app, and it says the case was approved! Right before Christmas as well! Best Christmas present everrr!!

NOA1: 9/18

NOA2: 12/23

97 days

Congrats!!

46 minutes ago, Heart<3 said:

NOA1 9/11

RFE 12/24

Sigh. I hope it is just something simple. 😭

It usually is something very simple.  Just try to relax you'll get through this!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/22/2019 at 11:45 AM, CarolinaVenezuela said:

I never got any notifications. I was checking my case on the USCIS website and saw the approval. 

We got it on December 17th and the NOA2 letter arrived on December 21st. 

If you don’t want to rely on official notifications, download the Case Tracker app as @Trese said.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Brazasian said:

I never got any notifications. I was checking my case on the USCIS website and saw the approval. 

We got it on December 17th and the NOA2 letter arrived on December 21st. 

If you don’t want to rely on official notifications, download the Case Tracker app as @Trese said.

We second that Case Tracker app. It's really good. That's how we first found out about the NOA2 and then checked the USCIS website to confirm.

event.png

Sorry for posting this in RFE and here but I feel I might get more information from this thread and I am freaking out and would love someone to give me advice so this month doesn't feel so long.

Sorry for the double post but I’m hoping for some advice.

My fiancé went to the police station yesterday to get his report which was able to be presented but they said SD state law they can’t hand it over and send it direct so they were in the process of doing that. I woke up and told him to stop doing it as we need to send things together and need the court documents with the final disposition so he got that paused.

He went to the court but it’s closed for three days over Christmas so he won’t be able to go there until after he is here for a month. We will still have about six weeks left of RFE time when he gets back so that’s fine. It means I’ll worry but technically no issue. I’m hoping the court will give him the documents and not have the same law?

He called USCIS and they said they don’t care who the documents come from as long as it’s complete. So he told me his plan was to get the court documents (if he can) or they give to the police if he can’t and he will add the RFE letter and they will send it away. I’m a little uncomfortable with this as it’s very important and I want to make sure we send it ourselves and to the right place. I feel as if the court gives us the final disposition that includes when he was arrested that we should forgo to police statement so we can send it ourselves. What do you think? I’m sure he could get the police records through the freedom of information act but I’m not too sure as it’s not my country.

What would you guys do in my situation? I’m a little freaked out about it and of course really want my approval. So with a month to wait until we can work on it I want a solid plan.

Oh also do we include another form for electronic notification that it’s received this time?

Thank you.

@Greenbaum @Sarge2155 hoping you can give me some advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.