Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2019 I-129F FILERS

678 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, callieallie87 said:

My finance is from Australia too and I'm just over in Mississippi on the coast!

I'm probably crazy but we're planning ours with the worst case scenario being us losing a deposit.  We tried to file early enough that we had wiggle room in our timeline but not so early that it'd force him to come here too soon.  I'm military and we'll be moving even further away from my family next year which is why we're trying to plan it.  It's a little stressful but it'll work out how it's meant to... All we can do it make sure we're prepared and continue to follow instructions!

Hello to everyone else as well!  We received our NOA1 6 Sept 19 and I'm just now exploring the forums.

Be connected with your sub-forum for your embassy requirements. Go to the top of the page, select "forums' scroll 3/4 of the page down and find your country/region. You should find lots of interaction on your embassy.

Thank you for your service. Old salty here.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Be connected with your sub-forum for your embassy requirements. Go to the top of the page, select "forums' scroll 3/4 of the page down and find your country/region. You should find lots of interaction on your embassy.

Thank you for your service. Old salty here.

@Greenbaum Thank you!  I'll go check out that information. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I was wondering why there was no September thread...turns out there is one!

Well I'm Megan (US) and my fiancé is Evan (Canada). We have been together for 5 years as of yesterday! For us, the wait hasn't been so bad because waiting is what we are used to in our relationship. We are hoping for our NOA2 next month!

I've been wanting to ask a general question but wasn't sure where to post it....

........am I the only on the board that HASN'T told their family about this at all?

Edited by Sunny_Skies

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Just now, Sunny_Skies said:

........am I the only on the board that HASN'T told their family about this at all?

😳 It would be better that your family know. Having pictures with your fiance and family is a good evidence too. 

😝 Tough your family probably wouldn't be surprised after 5 years of relationship. Tell them the good news  :dance:

K1

08/24/2019: I-129F Mailed

08/26/2019: NOA1 Text Message

12/13/2019: NOA2 (through tracking app)

AOS

08/08/20 Documents sent

08/27/20 Check cashed

08/31/20 SMS received

09/08/20 NOA received

event.png

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Maria002 said:

😳 It would be better that your family know. Having pictures with your fiance and family is a good evidence too. 

😝 Tough your family probably wouldn't be surprised after 5 years of relationship. Tell them the good news  :dance:

They met him on his first visit and did not like him (They don't like that he didn't go to college and is a foreigner. He also isn't "good looking" enough for them.) My mother also has a drinking problem that exacerbates her reactions to everything. So it will cause a lot of drama for sure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/18/2019 at 2:44 AM, Sarge2155 said:

I don't think either of you have anything to worry about as long as the questions did not apply to you!

The questions didn’t apply to me, but I’m just mentally prepared for that. I’m not seeing a rfe as a terrible thing anymore! 

Oh, and btw, I just love your new profile pic! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Sunny_Skies said:

So I was wondering why there was no September thread...turns out there is one!

Well I'm Megan (US) and my fiancé is Evan (Canada). We have been together for 5 years as of yesterday! For us, the wait hasn't been so bad because waiting is what we are used to in our relationship. We are hoping for our NOA2 next month!

I've been wanting to ask a general question but wasn't sure where to post it....

Hey Megan...

I guess I can say that you are the only one in this thread that hasn’t told the parents about it. 

I know how hard it is when you don’t have your family’s support, but it’s your life and your happiness. If you inform them about the k-1 visa, the drama is on them, not on you. You are just living your own life and making your own decisions. 

Not everyone understands LDR, and that’s what we’re here for if you need some emotional support! 

Edited by Brazasian

6 hours ago, Sunny_Skies said:

They met him on his first visit and did not like him (They don't like that he didn't go to college and is a foreigner. He also isn't "good looking" enough for them.) My mother also has a drinking problem that exacerbates her reactions to everything. So it will cause a lot of drama for sure.

Drama or no, family is part and parcel of life. Either way, they'll have to deal with it sooner or later anyway. So do let them know. Like, you'll be *firmly* informing them, but definitely not asking for permission, get my drift? ;)  

event.png

46 minutes ago, Brazasian said:

The questions didn’t apply to me, but I’m just mentally prepared for that. I’m not seeing a rfe as a terrible thing anymore! 

Oh, and btw, I just love your new profile pic! 

Why thank you!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

Well if all goes according to plan, we are at the end of our final full month of waiting! We should all be getting our NOA2s as long as the cases continue to move along. Hopefully we will all be getting a special gift from USCIS just in time for Christmas!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Sunny_Skies said:

Well if all goes according to plan, we are at the end of our final full month of waiting! We should all be getting our NOA2s as long as the cases continue to move along. Hopefully we will all be getting a special gift from USCIS just in time for Christmas!

Yep, I feel the same way.  Hope there is a big push in the USCIS office before the end of the year!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
21 hours ago, Sunny_Skies said:

If you are living with the parents, they will most likely see your mail and wonder why immigration is mailing them and get a big surprise!:whistle:

On 11/21/2019 at 6:11 PM, Brazasian said:

Hey Megan...

I guess I can say that you are the only one in this thread that hasn’t told the parents about it. 

I know how hard it is when you don’t have your family’s support, but it’s your life and your happiness. If you inform them about the k-1 visa, the drama is on them, not on you. You are just living your own life and making your own decisions. 

Not everyone understands LDR, and that’s what we’re here for if you need some emotional support! 

I would be very cautious on how you tell the parents, try to be in good terms, keep it civil and ease it in slowly. Parents hate "the fiance" it's so common these days...but parents that hate "the fiance" during immigration is very risky, not saying they would, but keep in mind, they COULD attempt to destroy the relationship by reporting fraud(maybe not during the K1 process, but during the AOS).  That is worst case scenario cuz I would hope parents would NEVER do that to their kids.:unsure:

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hey guys! 

I am an October 2019 - 129f filler. I was wondering how the things are going for you! Any news about your NOA2? 

Have some of you received it? 

Thank you:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/18/2019 at 4:22 PM, Trese said:

And here we are right now.. 76 days and counting. :) 

image.png.77845139f162f7daeba77c10df078f6f.png

You'll get it soon. We got ours on day 91 YEET!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.