ram1009

sputum test

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

tick-tick-tick       

... there have been a number of cases where SLEC has contacted the beneficiary near the 8th week to inform them that want to extend the time for the culture another week or two.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

"I disagree."

I am shocked))) I was saying is that in recent cases the person being tested was notified before eight weeks if the results were positive.  That's what you asked. You didn't mention treatment in your question. If memory serves me most early notifications came around week four. Hopefully others will answer. 

Finally done...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, boris64 said:

"I disagree."

I am shocked))) I was saying is that in recent cases the person being tested was notified before eight weeks if the results were positive.  That's what you asked. You didn't mention treatment in your question. If memory serves me most early notifications came around week four. Hopefully others will answer. 

"SHOCKED"  are you.  I guess nobody ever disagrees with you.  I believe I understood your words.  Personally, I believe that if a person is going to have a positive outcome it is far better to find out sooner than waiting the full 8 weeks.  Treatment is the next step after a positive result.  I'm pretty sure you know  that without being told.  Four weeks is the right interval to be notified since 99+% of positive results will appear in four weeks or less.  Yes, I hope to hear more on this.

Edited by ram1009
additional thought

Timeline
2 hours ago, boris64 said:

"I disagree."

Seems like some just don't catch on ..    There is no reason for SLEC to delay notification once the culture is positive (which is why we post about hoping they don't hear from SLEC until the end of the 8 weeks). 

I don't think he is "hearing" what you are saying.. 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Seems like some just don't catch on ..    There is no reason for SLEC to delay notification once the culture is positive (which is why we post about hoping they don't hear from SLEC until the end of the 8 weeks). 

I don't think he is "hearing" what you are saying.. 

You have an amazing gift for overstating the obvious.  I'm sure you would criticize me if I said the sun was likely to rise in the morning.  The reason SLEC might delay notification is because it's the job of everyone associated with the immigration process to delay & deny wherever possible.  That's something a fanboy like yourself will never admit, of course.  I'm sure they notify sooner because it's a health issue, as I pointed out.  They would certainly incur litigation of some sort for knowingly delaying treatment for people they have diagnosed as public health problems.  Sorry to make you think so hard for something confrontational to post.  I can hardly wait for the next time you emerge from under the bridge.

Timeline

Never drank the "KoolAid"  ...  being a fanboy isn't my nature.

But if I were .. this one looks pretty cool!  

Image result for ceiling fan

Not sure why you would think the goal of USEM and SLEC is to "deny & delay" the visa process ..      

There were two couples in the past year that I know of from here, that were very set on getting things done ASAP ..  from receiving their MNL# to completing the interview took no more than 3 weeks, at least a week earlier than many on here ..  << this is why I post the guide on the website .. to get done quickly.    If USEM & SLEC were of the mindset to deny & delay ... most on here would be evidence of the opposite.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 9/8/2019 at 2:57 PM, Hank_ said:

Never drank the "KoolAid"  ...  being a fanboy isn't my nature.

But if I were .. this one looks pretty cool!  

Image result for ceiling fan

Not sure why you would think the goal of USEM and SLEC is to "deny & delay" the visa process ..      

There were two couples in the past year that I know of from here, that were very set on getting things done ASAP ..  from receiving their MNL# to completing the interview took no more than 3 weeks, at least a week earlier than many on here ..  << this is why I post the guide on the website .. to get done quickly.    If USEM & SLEC were of the mindset to deny & delay ... most on here would be evidence of the opposite.

I hope you don't injure yourself while patting yourself on the back.  You do have some good info on your website.  You also have some BS.  Your comments about NVC are a good example.  You claim that it's a waste of time calling NVC on the phone to get a case number because the number is of no value without the formal letter from NVC.  Not true.  I got through to NVC on the phone quickly and discovered my number had been issued on 2 Aug.  Armed with that number I  was able to make an interview appointment at USEM.  The only reason to wait for the letter is because you must have it to take to the medical exam at SLEC.  My letter arrived on 20 Aug.  Well in advance of the interview appointment.  Appointments aren't required for SLEC so you can show up there the next day if you like.  You also recommend sending an e-mail to NVC requesting to be furnished a case number ASAP.  This was a complete waste of time since the reply arrived about a week after the formal letter.  Keep up the good work, Hank.

Edited by ram1009
censorship

Timeline

Yes you can get the case number by calling, and yes you can schedule your interview online (you can't schedule by calling as they will want to verify you got the letter from the embassy) .. BUT  the embassy has made it clear that they do not want you scheduling the interview until your case file is at the embassy (CEAC status READY).   I know of two cases where the couples got their MNL# over the phone and scheduled their interview before their case file was at the embassy and CEAC status showed READY, they ran into issues with the embassy .. the embassy required them both to reschedule.      The time difference between calling or getting the letter/email can be just a few days .. but there is no real advantage.

Up until last year calling was SOP for getting the MNL# .. get the number, get the interview scheduled ASAP, complete the medical (didn't need the NVC letter)  ...   bing*bang*boom!    Then the embassy got grumpy ... 

Giving guidance to complete the visa process with minimal issues as quickly as possible to me is better than telling a person to "roll the dice", play it fast and loose .. hoping they don't run into a snag.

The guide is nothing more than a kindly suggestion ... sort of like the pirate code ;)     If it doesn't work for you, then don't use it  .. no harm, no foul.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/7/2019 at 6:41 AM, Hank_ said:

tick-tick-tick       

... there have been a number of cases where SLEC has contacted the beneficiary near the 8th week to inform them that want to extend the time for the culture another week or two.

Just one more delaying tactic completely without justification.  It's just what they do.

1 hour ago, ram1009 said:

Just one more delaying tactic completely without justification.  It's just what they do.

I looked up how many non-immigrant visas Manila issued in FY2018.  It was 204K. https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2018AnnualReport/FY18AnnualReport - TableXIX.pdf    Page 3.

While that reported category includes more that just K-1s, it just shows the extreme amount of workload that embassy has.  If they had an overt or covert policy of delay and jerking people around, common sense says that they would bury themselves in visa cases.  Given the amount of cases that go through that Embassy and the inefficient country they are in, they, in my opinion, do a fairly decent of job of keeping the flow going.

Finally done.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Talako said:

I looked up how many non-immigrant visas Manila issued in FY2018.  It was 204K. https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2018AnnualReport/FY18AnnualReport - TableXIX.pdf    Page 3.

While that reported category includes more that just K-1s, it just shows the extreme amount of workload that embassy has.  If they had an overt or covert policy of delay and jerking people around, common sense says that they would bury themselves in visa cases.  Given the amount of cases that go through that Embassy and the inefficient country they are in, they, in my opinion, do a fairly decent of job of keeping the flow going.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing about this.  Basically, I don't believe the numbers even if the parent document is genuine.  You obviously consider the State Dept to be staffed with well intentioned people following just laws to a noble process.  I believe just the opposite.  No amount of talking will resolve this.

2 hours ago, Talako said:

I was there for my wife's interview. I work for a federal agency that has a similar workflow and process. From my direct observation Manila is a well oiled K-1 Visa producing machine considering, as you stated above, the inefficiency of the country it takes place in.

Finally done...

On 8/29/2019 at 9:22 AM, ram1009 said:

FYI, my fiance contacted a local clinic who told her they would provide a free sputum test producing results in 5 days.  I just thought you'd like to know.

That's  fine, but it will not be accepted  at SLEC. My finacee went through the 8 week test, I felt the same anger you are now feeling on why it takes 8 weeks in this day and age. After researching and reading I understood better but I was not happy. Bottom line you want the visa you'll have to accept the process. I was thankful  we only had an 8 week delay for the sputum. Accept it and move on pray you don't  get caught up in the DOT!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.